Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233595 times)

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 35 - Stolen"
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2012, 02:24:23 AM »
It's really sweet to see the beautiful girl choose Arlo for once!  I love Caitlin for not being superficial even though she's completely gorgeous and could have whoever she wants.  Great update Ausette!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2012, 02:56:15 AM »
Courage is going to be trouble, methinks. :o This ought to be interesting.

I'm glad that Arlo and Caity got together! That comment about Parker having his chance cracked me up. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2012, 12:16:19 PM »
Amazing update! As usual!  ;D Hope turned out to be more beautiful then I thought she was going to be. I love the hair you gave her! I'm glad to hear that Caitlin and Arlo are together.

Louise56

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »
Congrats with all the birthdays! I'm glad Caitlin and Arlo are together, the biggest problem with his face is his nose is to high. A little plastic surgery and he don't look bad at all. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28:39 PM »
I have exams in two weeks, so updates will probably be sparse for a while. That said, on to the comments!

It's really sweet to see the beautiful girl choose Arlo for once!  I love Caitlin for not being superficial even though she's completely gorgeous and could have whoever she wants.  Great update Ausette!

Thanks Silverbella! Caitlin really surprised me when she picked Arlo. Even though she's Flirty, she only has wishes for him.

Courage is going to be trouble, methinks. :o This ought to be interesting.

I'm glad that Arlo and Caity got together! That comment about Parker having his chance cracked me up. :P

I can't wait to post more on Courage  :)! He's very fun to play.

Amazing update! As usual!  ;D Hope turned out to be more beautiful then I thought she was going to be. I love the hair you gave her! I'm glad to hear that Caitlin and Arlo are together.

Thanks Corey  :). Hope's hair is from World Adventures.

Congrats with all the birthdays! I'm glad Caitlin and Arlo are together, the biggest problem with his face is his nose is to high. A little plastic surgery and he don't look bad at all. :)

Arlo's looks have actually grown on me! I'm starting to find the nose quite cute in an odd way.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2012, 10:30:15 AM »
Chapter 36 – Young Love   

One of Magpie’s cases takes her to Summer Hill Court, and guess who she spots fishing in the lake by himself? Poor Christopher. He’s still holding out for a Dynasty girl by the look of things.

Unfortunately for Christopher, Caitlin is besotted as ever with Arlo Bunch. Look at how she swoons when she’s on the phone with him.

He comes over to see his girlfriend pretty frequently. They spend their time together under the watchful eyes of Fluffy the unicorn toy.

Meanwhile, the teens are having fun just being teens. Liberty’s a very studious girl who loves to read and work on her Logic skill. I can never seem to tear her away from her books.

Hope, on the other hand, does not love to read. She hates doing her homework and would rather spend her evenings dancing on the deck by herself.

Courage is up to his old tricks, as usual. He likes to go home with “friends” after school so he can steal all their furniture come nightfall.

He still goes to the Ursine house after each theft, but Kelley is starting to wise up to his schemes.

“For the last time Kelley, I’m not a criminal!”
“Then why do you always come here when the police are on patrol? Like, I know you think I’m a Diva but that doesn’t mean I’m stupid!”

“Why do I need an agenda to want to hang out with you? Do you really think that little of me, Kelley?”
“Uh, yeah! You never want to hang out with me during the day!

“Well that’s all going to change, because today my eyes have been opened and I can finally see what an incredible, beautiful young woman you are. Kelley, baby, do you want to go to the dance with me?”

“I KNEW it! I KNEW you liked me! I mean, of course you’d like me, but it’s nice to hear it out loud for once. I am going to look SO hot on Saturday night!”

“Heh heh, oh Courage, you sly old rascal.”
“What was that?”
“Nothing, precious!”

Courage isn’t the only teen in town with the dance on his mind.

You again! This better not be about your stupid toothbrush.”

“No, no, I don’t want an investigation or anything. I’m here because I need help getting a date.”

“Er, I think I’m a bit old for you, kid.”
“That’s not what I meant! There’s lots of girls at school I’m interested in, but I’m a total Loser and can’t get the nerve to talk to them. I need someone to introduce me, and when I sat down to think about it you know who seemed to have the most connections? That cute investigator chick!”
“Riiiiiight. Okay. I don’t have many clients your age but I do have two teenage cousins. I’ll be sure to put in a good word for you.”
“Awesome! Thanks, miss. I like your trench coat, by the way.”
“Don’t push your luck, Keaton.”

Ah, romance is definitely in the air this week. Even Lisa seems cuddlier than usual. Of couse, she can't hold a candle to Caitlin and Arlo when it comes to being just plain adorable.

“Arlo, in all my years I’ve never felt this much joy. All those wishes to kiss you have really racked up the lifetime happiness points. In fact, there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you…”

“Oh! Caitlin, it almost looks like you’re proposing to me!”
“It looks like that for a reason, silly! Will you marry me?”
“You’re… You’re serious? Am I dreaming this? Oh my goodness, YES! Yes, I’ll marry you!”

“Yay! Arlie!”
“Caity Bear!”

Awww! Arlo’s a lucky man.

Well, except for the fact that his house is currently ON FIRE, but what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 36 - Young Love"
« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2012, 11:16:42 AM »
*Sigh*  Caitlin and Arlo are now one of my favorite sim couples ever.  Arlo is indeed a lucky man, and to his credit he absolutely seems to realize this!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 36 - Young Love"
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2012, 11:47:57 AM »
Hehe. Very cute! Excellent writing, Ausette!

Louise56

« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2012, 11:50:30 AM »
Congrats Caitlin and Arlo! It is about time that Arlo find some happiness. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »
Yay, for Arlo! Also, way to welcome him to the family Ben. Nothing says "I'm happy you're marrying my sister" like showing up at his house swinging an ax. Even if he had legitimate reasons...

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2012, 03:23:55 PM »
Geez, the Bunch house is on fire again? Daredevil Darlene playing with matches or something? :P

That proposal was super sweet!

Maybe the Keaton boy can find a date with either Liberty or Hope...?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2012, 11:15:37 AM »
*Sigh*  Caitlin and Arlo are now one of my favorite sim couples ever.  Arlo is indeed a lucky man, and to his credit he absolutely seems to realize this!

You better believe he realises it! His facial expressions seem to alternate between pure bliss and wide-eyed disbelief in my game. Thanks, Silverbella.  :)

Hehe. Very cute! Excellent writing, Ausette!

Thanks Jude! The cuteness really writes itself with these two. :)

Congrats Caitlin and Arlo! It is about time that Arlo find some happiness. :)

It definitely is! Although apparently my new patch doesn't think so. I hope the wedding glitch gets fixed sometime soon.  :(

Yay, for Arlo! Also, way to welcome him to the family Ben. Nothing says "I'm happy you're marrying my sister" like showing up at his house swinging an ax. Even if he had legitimate reasons...

Lol  ;D! You know, before I played Ben, I never realised how scary the animations for fire-fighters were. The uniform makes more of a difference than you think.

Geez, the Bunch house is on fire again? Daredevil Darlene playing with matches or something? :P

That proposal was super sweet!

Maybe the Keaton boy can find a date with either Liberty or Hope...?

Thanks Raia. The Bunch house seems to catch fire a lot! Maybe it's because so many Sims live there? I dunno. And yes, I definitely have plans for the Jones girls and the Keaton boy.  ;)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 37 - Bachelorettes"
« Reply #207 on: November 03, 2012, 11:56:36 PM »
Chapter 37 - Bachelorettes

In the end, Barry doesn't have to organise a meeting with the girls because on Friday he's invited over by Courage.

And for some reason, Liberty sits next to him on the bus.

“Pssst! Libby! What are you doing?”
“What does it look like? I’m Feeling Lucky and this guy is really cute!”
“No, don’t get too close to him! I only invited him over to distract him while I case his house!”
“Courage, if you mess this up for me I’ll melt you with my chemistry set.”
“…Understood.”

When they get home, Liberty introduces herself to Barry and immediately pops a wish to become friends with him. Further conversation reveals that they share the Good AND Genius traits. I like where this is going!

“Liberty, I know we’ve barely met, but when I look at you I can almost feel the planet moving.”

No, that’s an earthquake. Hooray for more progress with Ben's Lifetime Wish (I feel like a sociopath for saying that)!

Barry has to run off to work at the mausoleum (I hope that’s not connected to the earthquake), but Liberty promises to call him later in the evening when Caitlin’s bachelorette party starts.

She tries to invite Barry over after his shift, but he repeatedly chickens out! At least I think that’s what he’s doing. He keeps going “Yeah, I’ll come over!” and then “Oh wait, something came up, never mind.” We’ll see if we can get through to him tomorrow. In the meantime, we have a party to enjoy!

The guests haven't even arrived yet and already Hope’s dancing on the dishwasher.

She's soon joined by VJ Alvi, who hops up on an adjacent counter and promptly smooshes his mohawk against the ceiling. He doesn’t stay in the kitchen for very long.

Instead he tends the bar and is immediately swarmed by thirsty women. Poor VJ can’t catch a break.

“Put that phone down this instant, young lady! The whole point of tonight is to get away from your fiancé!”
“But I miss him! And what if he’s in trouble or something?”
“Now really, what on earth could possibly happen?”

I can think of a few things.

“Hey, Magpie…”
“I know that grin. What do you want?”
“Do you think you could do the toast? You’ve known me practically forever, and you were class valedictorian so you must be a good public speaker. Please?”

“What the heck, I’ll do it. I’ve already had a few drinks!” *hic*

“Hello, fellow drunkards! We are gathered here today to celebrate the *hic* marriage of this overly perky redhead to her womrat-faced fiancé. Aww, c’mon, you know were thinkin’ it. I wish the happy couple *hic* many passionate years together with the inevitable womrat-faced offspring and hopefully not too much cheating, which should mean a lot coming from me since cheating spouses pay half my wages and without ‘em I wouldn’t exist. To Arlo and *hic* Caitlin!”

“Um, wow, Magpie. That was quite a speech.”

“You’re welcome!”

“NECTAR FOR EVERYONE! WOOOO!

Hope! I thought I sent you kids to bed! I should have known better than to think I could keep the Party Animal away.

The rest of the night is filled with drinking, party dancers, and Sims gyrating on the countertops. The kitchen ought to be covered in footprints by now.

“Jared, are you sure dancing like this attracts women?”
“Of course it does, brother! Just look at that blue-haired guy!”

Well, well, well! It looks like Caitlin’s a better matchmaker than we thought. That, or Magpie is really going to regret this in the morning.

[Author’s note – my game crashed after the bachelorette party and I had to play it again. I ended up using screenshots from both parties to tell the story, but I tried to keep it looking as consistent as possible.]

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2012, 12:09:36 AM »
Was that Mortimer under that first pile of rubble?

Ben wins the award for "Best Soon-To-Be Brother-In-Law" for saving Arlo. :) I somehow doubt that Caity would forgive him if he failed.

Fantastic update! The bachelorette parties are just so much fun! It's always amusing to see what they wear when they "Dress to Impress". :P

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »
I admire VJ for being able to keep his mohawk in peak condition in spite of smashing it against the ceiling. Plus, he has blue hair like Magpie. It's meant to be.