Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 235970 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 19 - Moving Up"
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »
Oh, this family is so much fun to read about. I just love how you let all their personalities shine through, both the god - and the not so good.

Can't wait to learn more about Savannah, she seems awesome.

Thanks saltpastillen  :). I haven't played very far ahead at the moment, but I have plans to show more of Savannah.

It will be interesting to see Noah and Tammie.s offspring, she have a very unique features.

I can't wait for nooboos either! All the kids this generation looked extremely similar, so I hope the next batch get some of Tammie's features.

It's nice to see Tammie in the family! I never disliked her, just felt sorry for Riley for being turned down so many times. So hopefully she'll learn to behave from now on!  :P  ( Hehe, just kidding. I like her now. All Jones are lovely! )

And wow! Riley and Noah are almost identical! They have the same face shape, eyes, nose, and lips. Yeah, perhaps not "almost"!

Lol, glad you like Tammie after all  :). As for the boys, I think the only difference between them is skin tone and body shape. Diana had some reallt strong genes!

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2012, 08:24:12 AM »
"(Drum roll provided by Morrigan Hemlock.)"

I literally lolled.  I laughed so loud I got a dirty look from my cat.  A wonderful story, well told.  Can't wait for more!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2012, 12:35:07 AM »
"(Drum roll provided by Morrigan Hemlock.)"

I literally lolled.  I laughed so loud I got a dirty look from my cat.  A wonderful story, well told.  Can't wait for more!

A literal lol is the greatest compliment you could have given me. Thanks, Odinsdotter.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 20 - Ashes"
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2012, 11:10:08 PM »
Chapter 20 – Ashes

ARGH TAMMIE! She rejects Noah’s proposal despite their long-standing relationship. I still can’t believe she doesn’t have Commitment Issues.

Seriously, Tammie?”
“Look, I just need time to think about this!”
More time? Are you joking?”
“Noah, this is a really big decision! I’m much too young to rush into marriage like this!”
“No you’re not.”
“Hey!”

“Fine, whatever. Maybe we can marry once you finish eight requirements and reverse the flow of time.”

Oh dear. I was never really happy with Noah and Tammie's relationship, but I think this is the last nail in the coffin. Tammie needs to get a few things off her chest, so she calls up her best friend and arranges to meet outside the house.

“What’s up, Tammie?”
“Noah proposed to me tonight.”
“…Oh. Congratulations?”
“I said no.”
“What? Why?”

“Because I don’t think I actually loved him. I worked so hard to convince myself I did, but after talking to you again I know I was just deluding myself the whole time.”
“…Tammie, what are you saying?”
“Riley, cutting you out of my life was the biggest mistake I ever made. I thought I was being cautious, but my stubbornness just ended up driving us further and further apart. I hated myself for it, and when I found out you had a brother I jumped at the chance to be with someone like you.”

“Riley, what I’m saying is that I’m in love with you. I’m sorry it took all this trouble to figure it out.”

“I never thought I’d get to hear you say that. But what about Noah?”
“I’ll explain the situation to him tomorrow. Just tell me that you love me, Riley.”
“I love you, Tammie Best. I always have and I always will.”

They creep back home in the middle of the night to sleep. After a night on the couch, Tammie braces herself and heads upstairs to talk with Noah.

“Noah, I-”
“Shut up, Tammie. It’s over. I’m sick of waiting for you.”
“What?”
“You heard me! Good luck finding someone else patient enough to deal with you. I never want to see you in this house again!”

“Oh, how trite. Must you do this here?”

Noah's words were inevitable, but still painful. Tammie takes some time to compose herself over cake. When she's ready, she drives out to the graveyard to meet with Riley.

They kiss in the empty chapel. Shortly before dawn, they return home as husband and wife.

The new Mr. and Mrs. Jones spend the afternoon packing up their valuables for the move. Riley sends out job applications and is delighted to find a place in a small town far away from Starlight Shores.

As a parting gift to her youngest son, Sarah hands over full ownership of the House to the Future to Noah.

He’ll eventually need some housemates to help with the bills, but for the time being Noah is happy to finally have a place to himself.

It looks like everyone's getting a fresh start.

So long, Starlight Shores.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 19 - Moving Up"
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2012, 11:12:49 PM »
Well done! I can't wait too see where they move to!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2012, 03:35:49 AM »
Can't wait to see the next town! I can't believe Alicia isn't old yet!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35:43 AM »
Aww!! Congrats, Riley and Tammie! I love the look on Riley's face in the seventh picture.  :P

I can't believe Alicia isn't old yet!

Me neither!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2012, 06:28:38 PM »
Farewell, Noah. I shall always love your sweatshirt. ;D I wonder where the other Joneses are going now.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2012, 10:50:28 PM »
Thanks for the comments, guys   :). Alicia's a few weeks younger than Sarah (who's a few weeks younger than Sebastian) so she still has a week or two left before her birthday at this point. She's currently an elder in my game.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 21 - Settling"
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2012, 12:56:16 AM »
Chapter 21 – Settling

“This… this isn’t Lucky Palms. Riley, where are we?”

“Don’t worry, babe. They definitely have a sports team here, so how bad can it be?”

“Well, some us care for things other than sports and- wait, is that our house?”

“Chill out Tammie, it’s not that ba-“
“Don’t you dare try to tell me it’s not that bad! It’s a shack!
“It’s awesome! We’re living in the wild! Miles away from boring old suburbia!”
“It most certainly is not awesome! And what town are we in?
“I think it’s called Two-brook or something? I dunno, I just saw they had a team.”
Eurgh!

That’s right, the Joneses have moved to Twinbrook! You’ll notice that the most scenic picture I have of the town does not include the swampy area the family now calls home.

Here's a birds-eye view of the house. It’s a remodel of the “Nothing But Deck” starter that I’ve added more bedrooms and bathrooms to. I call it "Shackula".

The family spends a few hours settling in and then drives into town to meet the locals.

“It’s completely empty! This is the worst bar ever!”
“Great, that means no queue! I’ll go talk to the bartender.”

“Vat do you vant?”
“Er, hi. Can I buy a round of drinks please?”

“Fine. Zat vill be forty-three simoleons. Zis young lady better not be drinking in my bar. ”
“Why, I never! No one refused to serve me in Starlight Shores!”
“Ve do things differently in Twinbrook, city girl.”

The family has the bar to themselves for most of the afternoon. They order lots of bar food and hang around all the bar games.

Finally! We have a local!

“Good evening, citizen! As head of the Greener Gardens party, I’d like to officially welcome you to our beautiful home of Twinbrook. How are you finding the town so far?”
“We live in a shack in the swamp.”
“Ha ha! You say “shack”, I say “nature reserve”! Did you know our wetlands are home to a unique species of mosquito found nowhere else in the world?”
“No, but that explains a lot.”

Tammie is uncomfortable at first, but she soon warms up to Holly and they spend the night joking and chatting. She finds Holly's bubbly manner very reassuring and leaves the bar feeling much more peaceful about her new home.

It looks like Tammie had a bit too much to drink, because the next day she just can’t stop throwing up.

I turns out that isn't the case this time. Yes, Tammie's pregnant. I didn’t fool you for a second, did I? She drives into town to pick up some pregnancy books.

“Riley! I was at the bookstore today and they had Noah’s new novel in stock!”
“Really? What’s it like?”
“It’s about a man who dumps his crazy girlfriend and gets famous.”
“Ha. I wonder how he’s going?”

Meanwhile, in Starlight Shores:

“HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO BURN PASTA, NIGEL?”
I DON’T KNOW!

Savannah! No scaring the pregnant woman! That doesn’t induce early labour, does it?

In the end it’s Alicia’s vegetarian fish and chips that do it. Tammie takes one bite and immediately starts to have contractions.

Tammie refuses to give birth in the swamp, so Riley drives her out to the hospital.

And just before dawn, they leave the hospital with a little boy called Ben.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2012, 01:03:06 AM »
Welcome little Ben! Their house looks much better than the original. Although I can see why Tammie doesn't like it but then again, Tammie didn't like Riley at first.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2012, 04:02:00 AM »
Wow, I love the house!  ;D   Hilarious update!

And hello there, little Ben!

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2012, 04:46:38 AM »
Shakula rocks!  I love Twinbrook, myself, but I was raised in a place just like it.  Loved the bit about the mosquitos!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2012, 11:42:13 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the house. I was thinking of gradually renovating it as the generation progressed but now I want to leave it in ruin just to entertain you.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 22 - Formalities"
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2012, 10:56:54 PM »
Chapter 22 - Formalities

Riley is thrilled to have a son. He can’t wait until Ben’s old enough to watch sports with him.

Sarah agrees to look after Ben so his parents can go back to work. Yep, both parents are working now; Tammie has decided to follow her long-time dream of becoming an architect.

She sets up a drafting board in her bedroom to sketch out some ideas. Her time in Starlight Shores has given her designs a contemporary edge.

Marc Brandt is a little too happy with his new art studio.

Since topping the Criminal career, Alicia's had plenty of time to help with housework and childcare. Er, I appreciate the thought, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to radiate the baby like that.

Alicia’s glowing aura is more trouble than it’s worth. Every time she glows it makes the Sims around her hate her. This is great for sowing anarchy and discord amongst the masses, but now everyone at home despises her except for Doctor Snow.

What? How dare you reject my offer of friendship? Do you have any idea what power you could have had?”

“My dear aunt, I simply couldn’t care less about your silly business. Why would one want to spread evil when the good are so much easier to manipulate?”

“This is an insult greater than any I could have imagined! You will rue the day you crossed me, Savannah Jones!”
“That seems extremely unlikely, unless of course I require a silly hat.”
“Bah! I have no niece!
“According to our family panel you never had one anyway. Ha ha!”

It's true - since the move Alicia hasn't been listed as part of the family. We're lucky she hasn't got a crush on her nephew.

Savannah’s birthday is the next day. She throws a party to increase her standing in the community.

Savannah insists on a formal dress code. This is a respectable outdoor swamp rave party.

Savannah blows her candles out under the stars.

She becomes a Savvy Sculptor (finally, a unique trait!) and decides to be Super Popular.

Excuse me! I don’t know who you are, but the invitation specifically requested formal attire. Those cheap polyester rags may pass for formal in whatever hovel you grew up in but they certainly don’t meet our standards here.”

“How dare you speak to me like that! For your information, I am Shark William Racket, heir to the lucrative Racket and Son Shipping Industry. You better watch your mouth, Jones.”

“…Lucrative, you say?”

“Oh, Shark!”
“Mmmrgh!”

The night after that is Ben’s birthday. Yet another cake goes uneaten as Ben ages up on the nursery floor.

He likes Lilac, Tri-Tip Steak, and French Music. I think he got a few too many of Alicia’s ultra-evil rays in utero, because his traits turn out to be Grumpy and Insane.

Just look at that face. He’s Tammie’s son all right.

Alicia entertains Doctor Snow with a laser pointer, despite practically being a laser pointer. It makes me wonder if the pointer and her aura are made from the same stuff. Perhaps her “laser” is a actually a prototype for a secret evil death ray?

With that, it’s finally time for Alicia to become an elder.

“Ack, I look like a civilian! Where is my suit?”
“We thought you’d like the yellow –”
“I DEMAND A SUIT THIS INSTANT!”

“I have bling! MUAHAHAHAHA!”

Oh, Alicia. Never stop being Excitable.