Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 235907 times)

Louise56

Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 29 - Heating Up"
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2012, 08:57:55 AM »
Poor Caitlin, no teen wants to dance with her grandma. :P
Ben look very handsome at his party, can't wait for the wedding.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2012, 09:12:13 AM »
I love when the parties last all night! But where was Savannah? With her secret baby daddy?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
Poor Caitlin, no teen wants to dance with her grandma. :P
Ben look very handsome at his party, can't wait for the wedding.

Thanks Louise  :). I like to play a chapter ahead, so I won't be posting the wedding until things are set up in the next town.

I love when the parties last all night! But where was Savannah? With her secret baby daddy?

I invited her, but she didn't show up until about three in the morning for some reason. I like to think she spent the night in the arms of a lover and then popped into the party to make sure Shark was behaving himself.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
Ben's outfits are just amazing. I can't wait to see his wedding outfit.

My guess for Magpie's father is Marc Brandt. It looks like she's got his hair colour.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2012, 10:41:49 AM »
I think Magpie's father is Dez Erey, Just because soon after they woohoo'd she got sick. Magpie also has Des' hair color as far as I can see.
but that's just a guess..

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2012, 10:46:22 AM »
Des Eyre has streaky brown/black hair, while Magpie has black streaked with blue. I know who it is, but it took me several minutes of thought because those streaks are somewhat subtle with her childhood hairstyle.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2012, 11:37:05 AM »
That chapter was hilarious! I loved the proposal, and the bachelor party was just too funny!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2012, 09:57:13 AM »
Wonderful updates! I also think the father is Marc Brandt. The hair color gave it away!  :D

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2012, 08:13:31 PM »
Spent ages reading through all this last night.  Really, really enjoyed it.  I love your sense of humour.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2012, 08:33:34 AM »
It looks like you guys have the father thing all figured out! Thanks again for the lovely words. I'm running out of ways to say this but it means a lot that you all take the time to comment.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 30 - Distances"
« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2012, 12:03:06 AM »
Chapter 30 - Distances

On Sunday morning the Joneses get up early. They eat breakfast, plan their formal outfits, and then drive to Willowglen Amphitheatre for Ben and Lisa’s big day.

It’s a lovely spot for an outdoor wedding. I’ve added an arch, some seating, a buffet table, and a hidden toilet block to the lot for the guests.

The bride is one of the first Sims to arrive. I haven’t used that hairstyle before and I really like how Lisa pulls it off.

Savannah turns up early and dances with Alistair Pine. Shark Racket watches his wife with cold, cold resignation.

With the guests in place, it’s time for the ceremony. Or at least it will be after Magpie wipes that scowl off her face and Lolly stops lurching around like a zombie.

*shudder*

Eventually Lolly gets a seat and the lovebirds say their vows. Congratulations, Ben and Lisa Jones! Or to be more accurate, congratulations Benjamin Jones and Alisa Jones-Brown-Jones.

I love this picture – Lisa looks blissed out and entranced by her new husband, while Ben looks like he’s trying to remember how cake works.

“Hey Magpie, I like your jacket!”
“No you don’t, and false compliments aren’t endearing. Leave me alone.”
“Fat chance. I’d rather be insulted by you than listen to my mum complain about Lisa for the five thousandth time.”
“Hey, you can be sincere when you want to!”
“Shut up.”

Uh, Savannah? The ceremony’s over. You can stop throwing rice now.

“My eye! She got rice in my eye!”

She does this for hours. I think she just delights in wasting food.

Savannah’s effort aside, the party, as usual, is epic.

“Was it the wedding of your dreams, Lisa?”
“Actually, it was! You should wear shorts more often, babe.”

After the guests have headed home the newlyweds drive to the fire station. Ben’s co-workers have organised a surprise wedding present for the happy couple.

Tah-dah! The station's observatory has been turned into a honeymoon suite for the evening. Ben and Lisa spend their wedding night surrounded by candles and a view of Twinbrook’s rooftops. It’s a lovely location for the couple’s last night in the town.

The family spends one more day in Twinbrook to pack up their stuff and deal with unfinished business. Ben bids farewell to his faithful sidekicks…

… Lisa gets a makeover and insults her mother-in-law…

…and Tammie puts the final touches on a special design she’s been working on. It's a large family home with influences from modern Twinbrook architecture.

Caitlin dutifully attends her final day at Stary Community School. To my surprise, at the end of the day she's invited over by a certain Grumpy cousin.

“Thanks for inviting me, Mags! Does this mean we’re friends now?”
“No. But I know you’re skipping town tonight and I need to leave with you.”

“Wait, what?
“You heard me. The sooner I leave Twinbrook, the better.”
“But why? Won’t your parents worry about you?”
“*sigh* Just sit down and let me explain it.”

“This is a transcript of Shark Racket’s recent conversations from his mobile phone. If you have a look at Thursday’s recording, you can get an idea of the power vacuum suffered by Twinbrook's organised crime after the death of Alicia Jones. Normally this issue wouldn't concern me, but it's since become clear that my buffoon of a stepfather intends to take Alicia's place as Emperor of Evil. As you may have deduced from how easily I was able to tap his phone, Shark has no idea how to defend himself from competing crime lords, and it’s extremely likely that I, his legal daughter, could be kidnapped or worse to dissuade him from the position. Now do you see why I need to get out of this place?”

“But that’s awful! The Rackets are your family, Mags, surely they’ll protect you if that happens!”

“Do you think I’d be asking you this if they would? Shark and Savannah only care about Shark and Savannah. Please, Caitlin.”

Caitlin caves in. She and Magpie spin a story about scholarships and exchange programs, and since Caitlin’s always been quite well-behaved her parents have no reason not to trust her.

Magpie gives herself a makeover so she isn’t as easy to recognise, and with that, it’s time to leave Twinbrook behind forever.

See you in the next town!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2012, 12:08:37 AM »
Wait, so Magpie's father is Marc Brandt? Congrats to the newlyweds! Can't wait for the next town.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2012, 12:18:11 AM »
Jones-Brown-Jones. I think EA has a slight obsession with one certain surname.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2012, 06:26:49 AM »
Very good update!  I usually play in Twinbrook but the thought never occurred to use the amphitheater for a wedding but it looks great!  I'll definitely follow suit in the future.
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Louise56

« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2012, 08:02:15 AM »
I'm glad Magpie are going with them. I can't wait for the next town. ;D

anything