Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261459 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 167: Welcome to your party
« Reply #495 on: November 04, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »
It's a curse. Candi will...never...die!  ;D

Immortal number seven coming up! Go get 'em, Julia!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #496 on: November 04, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »
Oh, I'm so excited! I just saw gen 8, I'm so close now. And so far behind in the updating department.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #497 on: November 04, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
Oh, I'm so excited! I just saw gen 8, I'm so close now. And so far behind in the updating department.

Oh my goodness, that's fantastic! That's seriously an amazing achievement, saltpastillen. I can't believe how fast you've done the challenge and the story. Have you got any plans for what you'll do after you finish?

Is this a conspiracy? Has she sold her soul to the devil? And why didn't I think of that?

Hahahaha!  ;D Oh Julia, you're still my favourite immortal. Now I can't help but wonder if I'm going to love Generation 8 even more!

SimBlip

« Reply #498 on: November 05, 2012, 12:04:21 AM »
Julia holding up a yeti board on Stuart's retirement day? That was funny.
Greta's graduation picture - diploma in hand - is gorgeous. Is that a sparkle of mischief in her eyes?
So glad, that Julia felt comforted by the thought she looks somewhat like Emelie. Sweet Selma!
Brilliant updates! :)

Louise56

« Reply #499 on: November 05, 2012, 04:45:10 AM »
Congrats with the birthdays! Greta is beautiful and Julia is a stylish lady. ;)
I can't believe you're almost finished, I will miss this story. You've done a fantastic job with your dynasty. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #500 on: November 05, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »
Oh my goodness, that's fantastic! That's seriously an amazing achievement, saltpastillen. I can't believe how fast you've done the challenge and the story. Have you got any plans for what you'll do after you finish?

I don't have anything planned at the moment. Writing as I play has been fun, but at the same time it has also been less fun than just playing - I hope you understand what I mean. Also, I'll be moving in about two weeks so I will be super busy for a while. Right now all my focus is on getting the dynasty done before that. And before I install seasons, since I don't think the game file can take any more changes now. It's buggy as it is, and the latest patch really messed it up, even if it still runs (knock on wood).

Thanks for all the encouragement, and the comments, they help me get on with the writing when I feel kind of blocked.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 168: Interlude
« Reply #501 on: November 05, 2012, 05:42:13 AM »
Julia: Ah, I've missed this.
Stuart: Skinny dipping?
Julia: No, silly, you and me spending time together all alone.

Julia: Are you sure I'm still pretty?
Stuart: You are ravishing, would I lie to you?
Julia: No, because you know what I'd do to you if I ever found you out.
Stuart: See, every word out of my mouth is gospel. Now, scoot a little closer honey.

Julia: Why?
Stuart: Why do you think?

Stuart: Are you all set for tomorrow?
Julia: Everything has gone as planned, all my museum pieces are done and the replicator is fired up.
Stuart: Then we just have one more thing to do then.
Julia: Yes, we wouldn't want to leave any stone unturned.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 169: Ever heard of getting young in peace?
« Reply #502 on: November 05, 2012, 05:57:10 AM »
Julia: Get out of the kitchen, this is my time.
Selma: I've eaten ambrosia too you know, stop making a big deal out of it.
Julia: Just leave me alone while the replicator does it work.
Selma: Fine, I'll just have another bubble bath then, it's only going to be my second today.

Julia: Alone at last!
Klara: Why are you talking to yourself?
Julia: I demand privacy!
Klara: Then keep quiet, I'm just on the other side of the wall and I can hear you when you talk to yourself like an old lady.
Julia: I'm not old, you are!
Klara: Said the pot to the kettle. It's just ambrosia, eat it and keep quiet.
Julia: Fine, I'll be quiet when you are.
Klara: Mum's the word.

What does it take to get some privacy in here? I should have sent them all of to the spa like mom did.

Is this all there is to it? I thought eating ambrosia would at least be more of an experience...

Cecilia: I she done yet?
Frida: I don't know, she likes to make things more complicated than they are, she might be a while.
Elise: Hm, I didn't drag it out like this...
Julia: That tears it! Stop talking about me where I hear you!

Julia: As soon as I take care of the dishes I'm coming in there and I'll break the TV.
Klara: No!
Julia: See if I don't.

Oh, it's happening! I feel stronger already. Immortality achieved. But why, oh why do I have to be saddled with this old body?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
The Sixth Immortal
« Reply #503 on: November 05, 2012, 06:10:37 AM »

Name: Julia Aurora McClelland

LTW: Bottomless Nectarcellar

Career: Business

MaxSkill: Nectar making

Building: Doo Peas Corporate Tower
Property: Port-A-Party Mini Warehouse

LTRs:
1. Super Green Thumb
2. Age Freeze Potion
3. Office Hero

Best Friends:
1. Richelle Bingham
2. Fawn Archuleta
3. Paige Werner
4. Antione Mack
5. Hayley Starnes
6. Julie Rainey

Opportunities:
1. Excellent veggies
2. Great plums
3. Merging towards overtime
4. Perfect produce
5. A farewell to paper
6. Seeking more favorable taxes

Portraits/museum exhibits:

Toddler

Child

Teen

Young Adult

Adult

Elder

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 170: A harsh truth
« Reply #504 on: November 05, 2012, 06:40:46 AM »
As soon as mom had eaten her ambrosia, had a cat fight with the grandmas and locked herself in the bathroom to take pictures of herself in front of the mirror - I started upgrading the stove. These unique upgrades are going to kill me.Ah, poor choice of words.

Dad was relaxing in the hot tub when the sparkles came for him.

We all rushed to his side, but Grim had already showed up and we knew he would take him away.

Grim: I have come for you Stuart Aurora McClelland.

Julia: Why did you have to come so soon? He's only 94, that's young. Can't we give Grim a death flower just this once?
Grim: I would not accept that death flower Julia, they are not his to give.
Julia: But I want more time with my Stuart.

Stuart: Don't worry Julia, we will see each other again. Besides we all know this had to happen.

Grim: Are you ready?
Stuart: Yes, thank you for coming so quickly, my girl is all grown up now and the dynasty can go on.
Grim: I'm sure you'll be very happy with you accommodation, we had a new Music Hall I'm sure you'll approve of.
Stuart: That sounds promising. I'll see you soon darling. Do your best princess.

Julia: Oh, Stuart! I thought eating ambrosia would give us more time together, now I wish I had spent less time on my requirements and more time with you. Come back soon my love, I'll be waiting.

Greta: Daddy! Noo, don't leave me here with all these crazy women! No one loves me like you do. Dad, dad come back. I'll need you!

Grim: That's the last one, no more spouses to collect form here is understand.
Klara: That's right, just two more generations to go and we'll be done. Tell VJ I love him, will you?
Grim: I'm hardly a messenger boy!
Klara: Really, that's not how you make it sound when you want something from me.
Grim: Fine, but don't let the other dynasties know, I'll never get any peace. They'll have me running all over the place delivering notes like 5th graders.
Klara: Oh, don't be so full of yourself! Now go, we have some mourning to do.
Grim: My pleasure.

Julia: Your father was a great man, and now he's passed on it's up to you to take over. I will need time alone, it's going to take a lot to adjust to living without him.

Greta: But mom, why did he have to die? Why would he leave me alone here with you?

Julia: Honey, he died because he wanted you to succeed, the rule of household size is unbreakable, and if you are going to give birth to an heir he had to die.
Greta: I don't accept that! How can him dying be a good thing? I don't want to be the heir anymore. I just want to forget all about this dynasty stuff.
Julia: Don't you dare say that! All of us have sacrificed a great deal to get us this far, you will go on with this dynasty. And that is final!

Greta: But it hurts mom, it hurts so much.

Louise56

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - 170: A harsh truth
« Reply #505 on: November 05, 2012, 06:49:39 AM »
Congrats with your sixth immortal! I'm going to miss Stuart, poor Julia. :(

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #506 on: November 05, 2012, 07:25:05 AM »
Oh that was sweet but sad. Makes me think of Amber's death. Grim is so nice in your story. Greta is going to do great, she'll do what she needs to do.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #507 on: November 05, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »
Grim is so nice in your story.

Yes, I wanted to make him stand out a bit. Besides, the ladies need all the help they can get.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 171: The danger of drowning your sorrows
« Reply #508 on: November 05, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »
I suppose I went a bit mad once dad had died. Of course I knew about Grim and sims dying, it had just never hit me personally before. And even if I knew mom had her talk with me to get me to realize how much dad loved me and wanted me to succeed, all I kept hearing in my head was. Dad died because of me, because of who I am to this dynasty.

I know mom was heartbroken as well, but she had all the grandmas rallying around her for support, and she welcomed that. I couldn't deal with that myself. I felt responsible for dad's death. Selfish I know, but I was used to seeing myself as the center of the world. I had never thought of what would need to happen for me to succeed, I just saw the future as something that would occur in the "future", not related to me at all.

So, instead of growing up and moving on with my life an my requirements I ran from that voice in my head and it's horrid mantra of "dad died because of me". As you all know I'd acquired the dramatic trait, and I let it guide me into the fabulous mess you'll see below.

Once the grandmas had carried mom away to the spa for some relaxation and soothing of her frayed nerves, I hopped in Benny and went over to Mick's.

The first face I saw was Candi, and her still young visage was like a slap in the face. How dare she enjoy herself when my family was grieving? I had never believed mom's claims that Candi was evil, but now I started to see the light. I got an immediate wish to accuse her of being a diva, or worse, a Llama, but I knew she was to mean for me to take on.

I decided to fortify myself, and called for a drink. Then another, soon I was a little hazy about why I was there at all.

I cried about my dad to the proprietor, regaling with my entire life story and. It felt nice to vent, he didn't know anything about me other than I was a crazy lady who had to much to drink and I didn't really care about what he thought of me anyway.

I cried in his arms and he consoled me as best as he could. Crying on his shoulder soon lead to kissing and flirting. The flirting made me feel somewhat better, and with the help of more drinks it even made me forget why I was even there for a short while. In fact, it was the one thing that could drown out that voice in my head saying "dad died because of me" and I eagerly accepted anything that would help me forget.

I stayed at Mick's until he kicked me out, went straight home and to bed, and went back to Mick's as soon as I woke up the next afternoon.

I would like to say I snapped out of it, but the truth is I lost myself in my grief and madness for over a week. Repeating the same pattern over and over, going to Mick's, ordering drinks and... Well, let's say I did things I'm not very proud of.

I got very closely aquainted with the proprietor Elias...

...very close.

But on some level I know I was ashamed of my behavior because I always destroyed the evidence.

Every visit to Mick's would start the same way...

...and I used everyone, even my close friends, without a thought to their feelings. No one was safe from me, not Perry or Angelina, Elias or any of the others I met and seduced.

That all started to change the day Perry brought up the question of marriage.

Perry: Is it true, are you going behind my back and seeing other people?
Greta: I'm not going behind your back at all Perry, I've told you from the start that I'm not interested in anything serious. I thought you understood that.
Perry: There is a diffference between not being serious and seeing other people.
Greta: Not to me there isn't.
Perry: We've had our relationship a long time Greta, over 14 days, and I'm getting to the point in my life where I want to get married.

Greta: I've told you before Perry, I'm not going to get married. I don't want to, and I'm not allowed to either. I told you I was a dynasty girl when we met.
Perry: You haven't acted much like a dynasty girl the last couple of days, you act more like a wannabe celebrity in Bridgeport than any dynasty girl I've ever heard of.
Greta: That's mean, take that back.
Perry: No I won't maybe you need to hear it, You can't go around treating other people as callus as you have been doing. Your reputation is horrible, I don't even know why I still spend time with you.

Greta: Fine! Let's break up, I'm never going to marry you so go find someone else.
Perry: You're heartless! How can you discard me so easily when we've been together for so long? I'm heart broken. I might die!
Greta: I'm heartbroken too, my dad died!

Perry: Would you stop whining about your dad? You're not the only sim in existence that's lots someone you know. Or at least you would know if you cared for other humans instead of only yourself!
Greta: I care about others! Now you're just mean because I wouldn't marry you!
Perry: No I'm being honest. You are using your dads death as an excuse for acting any way you want without regards to other people, but that's going to stop.
Greta: Really?
Perry: Yes, everyone already knows what a manipulator you are, and once I'm through telling them about this talk of ours I'd be surprised if they let you back in at Mick's.
Greta: We'll see about that!

I wish I had listened to reason at that point and just gone home to think things over, but I was filled with righteous fury and self pity, so I did the worst thing I could do. I went back in to Mick's, ordered some drinks, and you know what followed.

The next day I wasn't feeling so well. I threw up. That's when I started to panic. Was I pregnant? What if I was pregnant with the heir? I didn't even remember what had happened last night.

I stood in front of the lovely wall mirrors in my room, a room I hadn't even bothered to look at, only slept in, since I started going to Mick's.

I didn't think I looked pregnant, but then I didn't know much about pregnancies. I didn't know much about anything of value actually. I hadn't even gotten myself a job. All I had was some skill in handiness and some in athletics, an ability to drink more than was good for me and no progress towards my immortality requirements.

Maybe it was time to turn a new leaf? That night I decided to stay home. Maybe it was time for me to grow up for real.

SimBlip

First of all, congratulations on your Sixth Immortal!
Somehow I wasn't surprised to find Candi's name missing on Julia's Best friends list! *giggle*
R.I.P Stuart. I'm glad Julia found some quality time with him before he passed over.
The pain and sorrow over his death clearly shocked Greta out of her wits. Her dramatic way to deal with grief was totally in line with her character... It just leaves a big question. Who has fathered generation eight?
Wonderful storytelling!  :)