Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897822 times)

Offline relika

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #480 on: October 05, 2012, 04:20:49 AM »
In my dynasty, my founder Amethyst (human) got married to a vampire during a wedding party. Immediately after tieing the knot, one of their friends got a visit from the Grim Reaper. Amethyst got a wish to "Resurrect Felix Soto" for 10.000 happiness points. The wish vanished from the permanent slot somehow, but I'm keeping the tombstone just in case the wish pops up again. 

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #481 on: October 05, 2012, 06:16:14 AM »
That would be a great 5000+ wish, but... are you allowed to do that? Because I think that would put Felix Soto in your household and that is not allowed in this challenge. You can only add a spouse when the heir that spouse is for is on marriageable age. I am not 100% sure though if he would be added to the household.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline relika

• Nooboo
« Reply #482 on: October 05, 2012, 07:19:03 AM »
That would be a great 5000+ wish, but... are you allowed to do that? Because I think that would put Felix Soto in your household and that is not allowed in this challenge. You can only add a spouse when the heir that spouse is for is on marriageable age. I am not 100% sure though if he would be added to the household.

You're right. It will only be allowed if Amethyst wouldn't have a spouse yet, and if Felix was of a different life state than Amethyst (which he isn't). (please correct me if I'm wrong)
I'll better place his tombstone in a graveyard. It would make a great 5000+ wish, under different circumstances. I thought I'd mention it, since I didn't see it on the wish list.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #483 on: October 05, 2012, 08:08:56 AM »
You could bring in a spouse that's the same life state but you would have to change that life state before trying for the next generation.  This is because a pregnancy resulting from heir & spouse has to produce a different life state. 

However, as you mentioned she was already married so you couldn't resurrect the dead man anyway as he would have been added to your household like Odie said.   As for the wish disappearing, that just sometimes happens with certain wishes and I don't know why.  The wishes rarely return and especially when it comes to the resurrect wish because it usually only happens when you see someone die.  Since they are already dead, it's not likely to reappear.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #484 on: October 05, 2012, 10:23:15 AM »
I resurrected a ghost with a genie and the sim was not added to the household. I still had to ask him to move in.
I haven't done the "Oh, My Ghost" opportunity in a while, but I remember doing it once with a non-family ghost and the ghost did not get added to the family. When I'm done with this play session I'll pull up a test game and see.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #485 on: October 05, 2012, 10:26:46 AM »
I resurrected a ghost with a genie and the sim was not added to the household. I still had to ask him to move in.
I haven't done the "Oh, My Ghost" opportunity in a while, but I remember doing it once with a non-family ghost and the ghost did not get added to the family. When I'm done with this play session I'll pull up a test game and see.

Then it might be possible but it's a risk.  Maybe the ones I remember were all part of the household at one point and that's why it happened.  Thank you for doing the testing.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #486 on: October 05, 2012, 06:41:08 PM »
I just had a Sim return from boarding school in a different game, where he picked up his last trait. Would that be considered random enough? Probably most people will want to age up their teens as soon as they've completed all their requirements, but I might consider boarding school if a teen had 4 really bad traits. Would that be permissible, or considered an exploit?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #487 on: October 05, 2012, 11:16:34 PM »
So I decided to place some lots in Moonlight Falls before I started. One of them was Twinbrook's laundromat, since I'm pretty sure there isn't a laundromat in the lot bin (and I really want public laundry!).

Now, Twinbrook's laundromat has a grave on its property. Somehow, I can sense there being some sort of rule broken (or at least some grey area) in this grave, especially if there is still a Twinbrook ghost attached to it. It strikes me as almost breaking some rule about not placing any other sims other than your founder (especially since this is the Life States Dynasty, and that ghost could be of benefit to someone).

I wouldn't use the ghost in my dynasty anyways, and hope that I can pretty much ignore her, but this is bothering me now.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #488 on: October 05, 2012, 11:18:31 PM »
Using the laundromat is ok and there is a laundromat available with Town Life if you own that Stuff Pack. 

Yes it's a fine line when it comes to the graves and unless more people disagree, I'm going to go ahead and allow it with Metro's permission. (Which I already have)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #489 on: October 06, 2012, 02:50:03 AM »
I have a bug where one of my fairies is stuck in the ground. I don't know how to describe it much better than that, but I went into greater detail in this thread. I have yet to try restarting the game, and I really hope that fixes it, but in case it doesn't work, can I restart from the last save? I don't want to, because it will mean replaying a lot :( but better than a stuck fairy.

Edit: Gogowars said he was able to fix a similar problem by evicting the family and placing them back on the lot. Assuming that the restart doesn't work, would that be an option for me?

By samoht04

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #490 on: October 06, 2012, 07:40:16 AM »
Sorry to double-post. I just tried a complete restart of both computer and game--no effect. My Sim is still stuck. Just wanted to update the information here. What are my options?

By samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #491 on: October 06, 2012, 08:04:08 AM »
Sorry to double-post. I just tried a complete restart of both computer and game--no effect. My Sim is still stuck. Just wanted to update the information here. What are my options?

Go ahead and try the evicting trick.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #492 on: October 06, 2012, 08:19:11 AM »
It turns out I can just split him off and re-add him to the household and that works to restore him. Thanks Metro!

So I can continue on this file then?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #493 on: October 06, 2012, 09:20:52 AM »
Metro said you were allowed to do the evicting trick and that's what you do so yes you have permission to continue.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #494 on: October 06, 2012, 10:55:34 AM »
Right, obvious, sorry.

By samoht04