Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898516 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #450 on: October 03, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »
Question on the Wishing Well - I know it's banned, and am assuming that's for the wishing part, but apparently it can be used as a fishing hole as well. I'm currently working in Lucky Palms, and have never used the well in any way. If we can indeed fish from it, can I send an heir to do only that, from the one pre-placed in the park? (In other words, is the ban on it for the wishes only, or for any interaction beyond "oh look, it's pretty!"?)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #451 on: October 03, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »
If we choose to have an imaginary friend spouse, would you be allowed to make them real at the teen stage (for the romantic requirement) or must they be made real at YA or later?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #452 on: October 03, 2012, 08:33:24 PM »
Question on the Wishing Well - I know it's banned, and am assuming that's for the wishing part, but apparently it can be used as a fishing hole as well. I'm currently working in Lucky Palms, and have never used the well in any way. If we can indeed fish from it, can I send an heir to do only that, from the one pre-placed in the park? (In other words, is the ban on it for the wishes only, or for any interaction beyond "oh look, it's pretty!"?)
Fishing from it is fine in my book but Metro may feel differently so I'll check with him soon.

If we choose to have an imaginary friend spouse, would you be allowed to make them real at the teen stage (for the romantic requirement) or must they be made real at YA or later?

They must be made at YA or later to be a spouse. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #453 on: October 03, 2012, 08:53:33 PM »
Thanks, Rica :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »
They must be made at YA or later to be a spouse.

Really?  I must have missed this somehow.  Why does it matter when the Invisible Friend is made real?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

thesweetestpea

« Reply #455 on: October 03, 2012, 11:50:49 PM »
Really?  I must have missed this somehow.  Why does it matter when the Invisible Friend is made real?

Spouses can only be moved in when the heir is of marriageable age. For IFs, this means that all of their traits will be random. It also stops the spouse from 'helping' the household out. See here for the original precedent on spouses being allowed to move in only when the heir is of marriageable age, and here for the specific details on IFs.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: October 04, 2012, 12:00:15 AM »
Ok, thank you.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #457 on: October 04, 2012, 03:25:00 AM »
So, I think this came up before but can you refresh my memory? Say a normal Sim was born heir, but you wanted them to be a werewolf. Could you have them bitten so they can be that life state, as long as 1) there was no previous werewolf heir 2) you don't use a life-state-changing elixir 3) they do it before they complete the requirements and produce an heir?

By samoht04

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #458 on: October 04, 2012, 03:43:19 AM »
So, I think this came up before but can you refresh my memory? Say a normal Sim was born heir, but you wanted them to be a werewolf. Could you have them bitten so they can be that life state, as long as 1) there was no previous werewolf heir 2) you don't use a life-state-changing elixir 3) they do it before they complete the requirements and produce an heir?

Adding to this question, because I have one quite similar.
What happens if your heir becomes another life state by accident? Like when your heir dies, can it become a ghost and are you allowed to continue that way? Or when your heir accidentally gets bitten by a vampire? Of course as long as you didn't have a heir of that life state before.
Is it ok to continue or do you have to change your heir back or is it game over?

Edit: I assume it at least has to happen before this heir tried for a baby, right?
Another edit: I also assume that this can only happen with a life state you didn't have yet changing to another life state you didn't have yet. For instance, if you have a human heir, you're not allowed to have another human heir and change that one to vampire, because the next heir always have to be another life state. But if you have a fairy heir plus human spouse and they make a human baby, is it allowed that that human heir changes to a vampire?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #459 on: October 04, 2012, 06:47:58 AM »
I really don't hope you all mind my double post. I felt it needed a new post, since it is about something else.

This is the list of 5000+ point wishes I put together when testing for the Final Wishmaster's Challenge.  It only includes base game/Ambitions/Generations/Pets wishes and is incomplete at that - but it's a start.

Skills
Athletic: Reach level 10; work out for 12 hours straight (available for athletic Sims only)  Correction: available for any Sim but only >5000 points with relevant LTW (includes Martial Arts Master and careers requiring athletic)
Martial Arts: Reach level 10; become grand master of tournament; meditate for 48 hours; break 500 boards

I want to add that my Sim reached level 10 athletic and this is required for her career, since she is an Acrobat, but the wish to train for 12 hourse strait is only worth 4000 for her unfortunately.
With Martial Arts I got a wish for 5000 "meditate for 24 hours", so that's a lot easier then the 48 hours and this can be added to the list.

[/list]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #460 on: October 04, 2012, 06:50:13 AM »
All heirs have to be their final life state before their requirements are finished.  Requirements must be finished in order for heir to legally born.  So the Sim would have to be their final life state before the next generation is tried for.

No heir is allowed to die.  If an heir dies for any reason, then it's a failure and you either start over or keep going without being in HoF.

I have never had a Sim of mine receive a vampire bite or werewolf bite where I didn't choose for them to get that so I don't think it's autonomous for a townie to try and turn your Sim without your permission. 

If you have a couple and one of them is a fairy and the other is a human but you're really wanting something like a vampire, turn the spouse into a vampire and then try for baby.

The only time I've received a human child since Supernatural came out was when a ghost was involved or a human was involved.  Human spouses can be turned into everything but a witch so really you should be making sure that the spouse is the life state that you want the child to be before you try for baby.    If two ghosts have a baby, you'll always get a ghost it seems.   I tried this recently so if you're worried about getting a human from a ghost.  See if you can sneak in some Logic skill for the ghost potion and see how that works. 

In the case of a human child that you want to be something else, can it be bitten to change?  Metro and I had previously talked about the moment an heir is born they are their final life state.  The only one that could change was the founder but I will bring it back up with him and see where we stand on this.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #461 on: October 04, 2012, 07:09:30 AM »
Oh my! My spouse has a midlife crisis and I just reread the rules for something else and found that is not allowed... And I just promised many Midlife Crisis wishes, but fortunately I haven't fulfilled one yet.
What do I do about it? It lasts for 4 days and I can't do anything else but wait...

Edit: Thanks for all the answers about changing life state Rica!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #462 on: October 04, 2012, 07:13:33 AM »
Do you mean the midlife crisis reward, or the midlife crisis LTW? Becasue they are two different things.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #463 on: October 04, 2012, 07:16:10 AM »
Uhm... neither I think.
My Sim became an adult and now he has a Midlife crisis moodlet which lasts for 4 days and all these funny wishes come up.
Is this something else then ment in the rules? (fingers crossed)

What do you mean by midlife crisis reward and midlife crisis LTW?
(I just found the midlife crisis LTR, do you mean that?)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #464 on: October 04, 2012, 07:18:52 AM »
That Midlife Crisis is allowed. The banned Midlife Crisis is a Lifetime Reward you can purchase that changes your traits.