Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898249 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #465 on: October 04, 2012, 07:20:07 AM »
Sorry, I meant to ask if your sim had the LTW or the random midlife crisis that come from aging up to adult. As far as I understand, the midlifecrisis that come from aging is allowed. It's part of the regular game mechanics and there is no way to predict if you will get it or not.

It's the LTR that's not allowed since it allows you to change traits.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #466 on: October 04, 2012, 07:23:19 AM »
Ah! Thank you both! I got a little worried there...

Metro or Ricalynn, is it possible to add in the rules that it is the Midlife Crisis LTR that is not allowed? To prefent future confusion :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #467 on: October 04, 2012, 09:51:58 AM »
All heirs have to be their final life state before their requirements are finished.  Requirements must be finished in order for heir to legally born.  So the Sim would have to be their final life state before the next generation is tried for.

No heir is allowed to die.  If an heir dies for any reason, then it's a failure and you either start over or keep going without being in HoF.

I have never had a Sim of mine receive a vampire bite or werewolf bite where I didn't choose for them to get that so I don't think it's autonomous for a townie to try and turn your Sim without your permission. 

If you have a couple and one of them is a fairy and the other is a human but you're really wanting something like a vampire, turn the spouse into a vampire and then try for baby.

The only time I've received a human child since Supernatural came out was when a ghost was involved or a human was involved.  Human spouses can be turned into everything but a witch so really you should be making sure that the spouse is the life state that you want the child to be before you try for baby.    If two ghosts have a baby, you'll always get a ghost it seems.   I tried this recently so if you're worried about getting a human from a ghost.  See if you can sneak in some Logic skill for the ghost potion and see how that works. 

In the case of a human child that you want to be something else, can it be bitten to change?  Metro and I had previously talked about the moment an heir is born they are their final life state.  The only one that could change was the founder but I will bring it back up with him and see where we stand on this.

Okay, so just to make sure, no heirs can change life state, only the founder can ever do that. Correct?

The reason I was concerned is I am following several Life States Dynasty stories and a bunch of them ended up with normal Sims instead of the spouse's life state, but now you mention it I think they all involved ghosts. All right, panic averted! Thanks Rica :) I'll keep the Ghost Potion in mind when I get there.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #468 on: October 04, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »
Okay, so just to make sure, no heirs can change life state, only the founder can ever do that. Correct?

The reason I was concerned is I am following several Life States Dynasty stories and a bunch of them ended up with normal Sims instead of the spouse's life state, but now you mention it I think they all involved ghosts. All right, panic averted! Thanks Rica :) I'll keep the Ghost Potion in mind when I get there.

Just remember - I still need to talk to Metro about the heirs once again to make sure we're on the same page but for now just assume you have to live with the human heir.  I promise I'll get back to you guys as soon as I can on that.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #469 on: October 04, 2012, 10:24:14 AM »
Okay, thanks Rica! I just want to avoid humans at all cost in this dynasty, since there are so many more interesting options.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #470 on: October 04, 2012, 10:47:53 AM »
Also, I don't believe the rules say the heir has to be the same life state as the spouse.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #471 on: October 04, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
Just remember - I still need to talk to Metro about the heirs once again to make sure we're on the same page but for now just assume you have to live with the human heir.  I promise I'll get back to you guys as soon as I can on that.

Metro and I talked and it was as I remember it.   The only heir allowed to change life states is the founder which has to be done before the final requirements are met and/or the next heir is tried for. 

If you have already changed the life state of your heir, you're allowed to keep going but let us know if it's going to be in a story that it was done before today so we don't see it later and try to tell you you've failed.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #472 on: October 04, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »
Oh the generation I was considering it for hasn't even been born yet. I was just planning ahead :) Thank you!

By samoht04

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #473 on: October 04, 2012, 01:16:12 PM »
*Gems from board breaking - Martial Arts Skill --  Gems are allowed only through board breaking because it requires level 10 in the skill as well as a skill challenge to actually get them.

Do these have to be 7 different gems?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #474 on: October 04, 2012, 01:20:19 PM »
The 7 items don't have to be unique from each other just unique from the items used by other heirs.  So if you wanted to use 7 spire cut tiberium - you could.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #475 on: October 04, 2012, 01:25:06 PM »
Ok, I was just wondering. They don't have to be cut either, right?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #476 on: October 04, 2012, 01:26:43 PM »
Nope.  Just 7 gems from the board breaker.  Uncut is fine.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #477 on: October 04, 2012, 01:28:59 PM »
The 7 items don't have to be unique from each other just unique from the items used by other heirs.  So if you wanted to use 7 spire cut tiberium - you could.

So technically one heir could search up gems and cut them to skull cuts, and another could get gems to heart cut?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #478 on: October 04, 2012, 01:44:00 PM »
So technically one heir could search up gems and cut them to skull cuts, and another could get gems to heart cut?
No. Gems is the category not cuts.  So no two heirs can have gems in their mausoleum.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #479 on: October 04, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
And they cannot be found, but only received when board breaking. :)

Btw, thanks again Rica!

anything