Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897947 times)

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »
Hi! I have a question about the career reward objects, more specifically skill certificates. A lot of the careers require the same skill (logic, or charisma for example). If one heir uses it for a career reward, does that mean no other heir could even receive the skill certificate? Or just that they can't use it for their career reward?

Oh another thing, I've noticed that I don't get any school or career opportunity if the building is a combined one (like the school in Moonlight Falls). Not sure about afterschool activities. Anyone else have this problem?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 07:18:02 PM »
Hi! I have a question about the career reward objects, more specifically skill certificates. A lot of the careers require the same skill (logic, or charisma for example). If one heir uses it for a career reward, does that mean no other heir could even receive the skill certificate? Or just that they can't use it for their career reward?

Oh another thing, I've noticed that I don't get any school or career opportunity if the building is a combined one (like the school in Moonlight Falls). Not sure about afterschool activities. Anyone else have this problem?

Career objects have to be unique.  Which means another heir couldn't use it as a career object.  Another Sim can't even max the skill if they wanted to and I would actually avoid getting same skills amongst the heirs so you don't nullify your unique skill challenges requirement. 

I've never had a problem getting school or career opportunities even in combined ones but I wonder if this is a new bug.  I may do some research tonight and see if it's happening to me as well.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 06:29:47 AM »

One thing I have noticed in the past when I have had testingcheats on for Guide article stuff and for working out a challenge strategy, if you shift click a combo rabbit hole to force an opportunity it does not work.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 07:16:22 AM »
...and I think Patch 1.38 made it even worse: in my Dynasty, Gen 3, pre-patch, was able to complete the special reward opportunity and the participation ceremony from high school after-school activities. Gen 4 had the opportunities spawn but couldn't complete them - the interaction to do the opportunity never appeared on the school (Appaloosa Plains, combo building with the stadium) or in the sim panel.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 07:17:50 AM »
So, if a toddler/child/teenager fails to complete their requirements before they age up, the Dynasty is failed, correct?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 07:24:42 AM »
So, if a toddler/child/teenager fails to complete their requirements before they age up, the Dynasty is failed, correct?

Well, yes. They are a mandatory requirement. I made the wording a little more firm in the following...

Heirs #2-#7 have 7 childhood goals they must attain.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 08:02:13 AM »
Well, yes. They are a mandatory requirement. I made the wording a little more firm in the following...

Heirs #2-#7 have 7 childhood goals they must attain.

I assumed as such, (otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it) but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline drift9999

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »
* Is it by any chance possible you name some 5000+ wishes? I don't seem te get those too often... :-[

Based on what I can recall from the Wishes challenge, we have
  • Maximise skill x
  • Reach career level 10 of career x
  • Get Married to Sim
  • Have A Boy / Girl
  • Resurrect Sim
  • See (Son/Daughter's Name) become a Doctor / Athlete / Criminal Mastermind (not sure if there's more) - these entail the child getting some levels in the respective career
  • Be Worth More than (200K, 300K, 500K, 1 Million)
  • Logic - Discover All Potions
  • Cooking - Learn All Recipes
  • Martial Arts - Win the Tournament in Shang Simla
  • Sculpting - Sculpt a Masterpiece, Sculpt Sculpture worth N, Sell (10k, 20k) worth of Sculptures
  • Instruments - Earn 5,000 (or 10,000, not sure) in Instrument Tips
  • Photography - Shoot Photo worth at least N (3,500? Not sure when it crosses 5000 LTHP)
  • Writing - Write N Best Sellers, Earn at least (5k, 10k, 15k) in Royalties, Write N total books (can't remember exact numbers)
There are probably a few more...

I also have 3 questions:

1. Age Freeze Potion is OK for non-Heirs and for Heirs who've completed all requirements, correct? (I do recall it's banned in the Immortal Dynasty, so want to confirm this).

2. Wishes that are not originally worth 5,000 points but are boosted to above 5,000 by the Ambitious trait or the Wish Enhancing Serum - are they acceptable for the 5 Wishes requirement? (To me the first sounds OK, but the 2nd seems overkill)

Edit 3. Oh My Ghost is allowed, right?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 10:11:29 AM »
I also have 3 questions:

1. Age Freeze Potion is OK for non-Heirs and for Heirs who've completed all requirements, correct? (I do recall it's banned in the Immortal Dynasty, so want to confirm this).

right.

2. Wishes that are not originally worth 5,000 points but are boosted to above 5,000 by the Ambitious trait or the Wish Enhancing Serum - are they acceptable for the 5 Wishes requirement? (To me the first sounds OK, but the 2nd seems overkill)

Whatever methods you can use to push a wish to 5k points is fine. Both methods you mention are normal game mechanics.

Edit 3. Oh My Ghost is allowed, right?

Yes.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 11:03:10 AM »
Other 5000+ wishes include:

Own 5 and 7 venues.
From inventing:  make a miner and make a time machine.
The ghost hunter career might supply a couple:  collect x spirits and donate x spirits to the Science Center
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 11:16:14 AM »
There are also the ones involved with fishing, especially if you have the LTW to get perfect aquarium.   Catch every type of fish in particular.  And reach level 10 in a skill is always between 5000 and 7500 depending on if it's involved with your LTW or not.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »
I put together a list of careers and the rewards that can be obtained from them:

Acrobat – SimFest trophy, athletic skill certificate
Actor – Actor’s trailer, Simmy, Sim Choice award, Green Orb award, charisma skill certificate
Angler -- trophy, fishing skill certificate
Architect – trophy, key to the city, painting skill certificate
Art Appraiser (Acquisition) -- painting skill certificate, paintings given at promotions
Criminal (Emperor of Evil) – athletic and logic skill certificates
Criminal (Master Thief) – Golden Fox, athletic skill certificates
Culinary – food processor, fridge, cooking skill certificate
Director – director’s chair, Simmy, Sim Choice award, Green Orb award, writing and charisma skill certificates
Education -- charisma and logic skill certificates
Firefighter – axe, uniform, fire engine, several trophies, wall alarm, athletic and handiness skill certificates
Fortune Teller (Scam Artist) -- Charisma and Logic skill certificates
Gardener – trophy, gardening skill certificate
Game Developer - Painting or Logic certificate, Writing Certificate, laptop
Ghost Hunter – ribbon, trophy, key to the city, logic skill certificate
Horseman – 9 trophies
Inventor – 2 trophies, inventing skill certificate
Journalism – writing and charisma skill certificates
Law Enforcement (DNA Profiler) – police car, laptop, logic and painting skill certificates
Law Enforcement (Super Spy) – police car, logic and athletic skill certificates
Medicine – trophy, key to the city, logic skill certificate
Military – athletic and handiness skill certificates
Music (Hit Movie Composer) – stereo, guitar and logic skill certificates
Nectar Maker – trophy, nectar-making skill certificate
Painter – ribbon, painting skill certificate
Photographer – key to city, photography skill certificate
Private Investigator – frosted door, caseboard, car, 7 trophies, logic skill certificate
Scientist – fishing, gardening and handiness skill certificates
Sculptor – trophy, sculpting skill certificate
Stylist – ribbon, key to city, painting skill certificate
Writer - trophy, writing skill certificate

Note:  In order to receive the key to the city, you must show up at the ceremony, for which you’ll get about an hour’s warning.

Careers to avoid:  Business, Magician, Music (Rock Star), Politics, Singer, Sports.
Note:  You can combine 2 careers, e.g., Singer (SimFest award) and Rock Star (guitar certificate), but Business doesn't offer any possibility of a reward. I've also heard that Alchemy doesn't offer a certificate, and there are no rewards associated with the Fortune Teller career.

Edited to add Angler
Edited to add 2nd note.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 12:56:15 PM »
7). Add 7 items of a given type (i.e. all photos or all paintings) to the Family Mausoleum. These 7 items must be the product of a skill of the current heir (i.e. a painting, sculpture, photograph, invention, nectar bottle). Each generation’s objects must be a different type than other generations’ type of objects.

So if we have a writer, 7 of their books count(sorry I'm just trying to see my options for each gen ;) ), maybe gems from breaking boards in simfu training?
Thank you :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »
So if we have a writer, 7 of their books count(sorry I'm just trying to see my options for each gen ;) ), maybe gems from breaking boards in simfu training?
Thank you :)

Yes and Yes because breaking boards and writing books are both skills that your heir can have. 

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »
Rica,How about putting Marian's career rewards list on the FAQ post,this will be a great resource for players and I am sure the question about career rewards will come up quite often.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.