Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908175 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »
I put together a list of careers and the rewards that can be obtained from them:

Acrobat – SimFest trophy, athletic skill certificate
Actor – Actor’s trailer, Simmy, charisma skill certificate
Architect – trophy, key to the city, painting skill certificate
Criminal (Emperor of Evil) – athletic and logic skill certificates
Criminal (Master Thief) – Golden Fox, athletic skill certificates
Culinary – fridge, cooking skill certificate
Director – director’s chair, Simmy, writing and charisma skill certificates
Firefighter – axe, uniform, fire engine, several trophies, wall alarm, athletic and handiness skill certificates
Gardener – trophy, gardening skill certificate
Ghost Hunter – trophy, key to the city, logic skill certificate
Horseman – 9 trophies, riding skill certificate (?)
Inventor – 2 trophies, inventing skill certificate
Journalism – writing and charisma skill certificates
Law Enforcement (DNA Profiler) – police car, laptop, logic and painting skill certificates
Law Enforcement (Super Spy) – police car, logic and athletic skill certificates
Medicine – trophy, key to the city, logic skill certificate
Military – athletic and handiness skill certificates
Music (Hit Movie Composer) – stereo, guitar and logic skill certificates
Nectar Maker – trophy, nectar-making skill certificate
Painter – ribbon, painting skill certificate
Photographer – key to city, photography skill certificate
Private Investigator – frosted door, caseboard, car, 7 trophies, logic skill certificate
Scientist – fishing, gardening and handiness skill certificates
Sculptor – trophy, sculpting skill certificate
Stylist – ribbon, key to city, painting skill certificate

Note:  In order to receive the key to the city, you must show up at the ceremony, for which you’ll get about an hour’s warning.

Careers to avoid:  Business, Education, Magician, Music (Rock Star), Politics, Singer, Sports

I am gradually getting a plan in place.  Question about this list though...  Angler is not listed with trophies or on the list to avoid.  Does it get trophies as a self-employed career (trophy and fishing skill certificate) or is it one of those to avoid as it would only give the fishing skill certificate?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2012, 09:41:57 PM »
Actually you get a medal for 25000 sold and the fishing skill certificate so it's definitely one to go for.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2012, 09:47:39 PM »
All right, cool.  I am way too OCD for these challenges sometimes.  I can't start until I have the entire plan mapped out on paper.  ::)

I would say last question but I know better.  ;)  The lifetime happiness rewards can be any available and are not limited to physical objects only, correct?  As long as they are unique to the heir.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »
I'm here to answer questions so no worries there. 

Any LTR is viable just as long as it's unique to the heirs.   I know you are very thorough and if there are any you're concerned with, it's better to ask now than find out later.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
Don't know how I missed the Angler -- I'll add it to the list. And we don't get a certificate for the riding skill?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »
Don't know how I missed the Angler -- I'll add it to the list. And we don't get a certificate for the riding skill?

Riding skill certificates appear to be bugged.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2012, 10:33:07 PM »

Also Writer needs to be added.

I'm here to answer questions so no worries there. 

Any LTR is viable just as long as it's unique to the heirs.   I know you are very thorough and if there are any you're concerned with, it's better to ask now than find out later.

Thanks!  I have actually progressed to the point of making my founder, which will take 15 minutes to make and then 3 hours to name.  ;D  So I might actually get started tomorrow. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2012, 10:53:06 PM »
Riding skill certificates appear to be bugged.

So is the alchemist skill unfortunately, in regards to getting a certificate. 

Offline accioxheart

• Nooboo
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2012, 12:44:52 AM »
Questions:
1. How about donating 7 perfect fish or 7 perfect fruits/veggies? Seeing as this involves skill to get perfect, I think it's a viable option, but I understand if it's not okay as well.

2. Also, the Daycare career has a daycare van, and I believe that would count as an item from a profession/career, similar to a police car counting...

3. I know life state turning potions are banned, however, can I move a sim in and have them get bitten to create a vampire in order to have them help create the next heir?

4. Similar question as the last, but this is just in regards to spares, if I am strictly having someone in the household as a spare (they will not be bringing in future generations) can I have them get bitten and become a vampire simply because I'd like them alive in my household longer? I guess it's the same as asking if I can use things like ambrosia or young again potion, just to keep them alive and in my household longer to help out making money and such?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2012, 12:47:20 AM »
Question re 7 items:

Can a witch choose to put stuff in from the Conversion Ritual? Like converting 7 fish into 7 insects or 7 seeds?

And while I haven't played with werewolves yet, I understand that they can dig things up like dogs - if yes, could a werewolf choose to display stuff they dug up (like metals or gems)?

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2012, 01:19:34 AM »
Is it allowed to play this challenge all the way to the conclusion without writing a story about your SIMS, and still get into the Dynasty Hall of Fame? I've never been able to fully complete a Dynasty (or a legacy, either, come to that) and thought that I would like to play one 'privately' and, if I completed it, start another and then create a story to go with my second attempt.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2012, 01:34:42 AM »
Questions:
1. How about donating 7 perfect fish or 7 perfect fruits/veggies? Seeing as this involves skill to get perfect, I think it's a viable option, but I understand if it's not okay as well.

2. Also, the Daycare career has a daycare van, and I believe that would count as an item from a profession/career, similar to a police car counting...

3. I know life state turning potions are banned, however, can I move a sim in and have them get bitten to create a vampire in order to have them help create the next heir?

4. Similar question as the last, but this is just in regards to spares, if I am strictly having someone in the household as a spare (they will not be bringing in future generations) can I have them get bitten and become a vampire simply because I'd like them alive in my household longer? I guess it's the same as asking if I can use things like ambrosia or young again potion, just to keep them alive and in my household longer to help out making money and such?

1.  When Teresa and I were talking about possible items for the 7 items, she included fish and plants in her list and I agreed to it.  I would suggest mounting the fish though since they go bad. 

2. That's fine.  Remember you'll still need a second one and daycare doesn't actually require a skill so you couldn't really use one as the second item, so you'd need a second job to get another reward.

3.  You can move in the future spouse/partner to bring in the next generation whenever you want.  They do not need to be the life state you want them to be when you move them in.  Remember that the next heir can't be tried for until the current one finishes the 7 tasks.

4.  This is covered in the rules under Extending Life.

Question re 7 items:

Can a witch choose to put stuff in from the Conversion Ritual? Like converting 7 fish into 7 insects or 7 seeds?

And while I haven't played with werewolves yet, I understand that they can dig things up like dogs - if yes, could a werewolf choose to display stuff they dug up (like metals or gems)?

Werewolves can hunt for items and dig them up.  However, their hunting ability and a witch's ability to convert things do not fall under items that can be produced to cover the 7 items needed.   

For the 7 items, we're talking about an actual skill in the skill journal with 10 levels that can produce something to be placed in the mausoleum.   When Metro wakes up his opinion may differ but as far as I can tell the items are only supposed to come from actual skills.  That's why we don't allow items from collecting.

Is it allowed to play this challenge all the way to the conclusion without writing a story about your SIMS, and still get into the Dynasty Hall of Fame? I've never been able to fully complete a Dynasty (or a legacy, either, come to that) and thought that I would like to play one 'privately' and, if I completed it, start another and then create a story to go with my second attempt.

A story is not a requirement for HoF status.  You can see examples of this on the Dynasty Hall of Fame where some players just posted a thread where they put each immortal (for the immortal dynasty) and all their requirements but never actually told any type of storyline beyond just the base information needed.  We believe in the honor system so since you're not showing a story when you tell us you've completed it and sent Metro the PM, we'll believe that you did everything by the book.   

Good luck with your attempt and the four babies!

Offline accioxheart

• Nooboo
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2012, 01:43:26 AM »
Thanks Rica :)

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »
A story is not a requirement for HoF status.  You can see examples of this on the Dynasty Hall of Fame where some players just posted a thread where they put each immortal (for the immortal dynasty) and all their requirements but never actually told any type of storyline beyond just the base information needed.  We believe in the honor system so since you're not showing a story when you tell us you've completed it and sent Metro the PM, we'll believe that you did everything by the book.   

Good luck with your attempt and the four babies!

That's good to know! Thanks.  :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2012, 02:25:04 AM »
Thanks, Rica :)