Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897932 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »
Marian,I kind of have it all planned in my head but I do like to have a back up plan just incase. Can you imagine how annoying it will be if you just need one more 5k wish to bring in the heir and there it is have first child in your wish pannel.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »
Marian,I kind of have it all planned in my head but I do like to have a back up plan just incase. Can you imagine how annoying it will be if you just need one more 5k wish to bring in the heir and there it is have first child in your wish pannel.

Rachel

Rica, PM'd me on this and I okayed it. It's a grey area because you need to accomplish the 7 tasks THEN the next heir can be brought in, but if the heir comes in and the wish is completed it's a simultaneous kind of deal. No biggie. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »

Rachel

Agreed, I would like to be able to use the Have a Baby or Have First Baby as a contingency plan.  Have a Girl/Boy would be risky though as sometimes it seems the apples/watermelons fail to produce the desired result.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2012, 07:25:32 PM »
Agreed, I would like to be able to use the Have a Baby or Have First Baby as a contingency plan.  Have a Girl/Boy would be risky though as sometimes it seems the apples/watermelons fail to produce the desired result.

Right - should you not have all 7 things in place at the birth other than that wish - it's a failure to make HOF as you've officially broken the rules by not having all 7 things when the heir entered the house.

One thing that did come up is adoption.  Adoption is not an option.  It is officially banned for this dynasty.

-------

EDIT: But, if you have adopted before this ruling then the adopted child gets a free pass as Rica and I are making this ban a little late. Sorry about that guys (Metro)
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2012, 07:33:49 PM »
Rica, PM'd me on this and I okayed it. It's a grey area because you need to accomplish the 7 tasks THEN the next heir can be brought in, but if the heir comes in and the wish is completed it's a simultaneous kind of deal. No biggie. :)

Thank you,this will help with my plotting and planning.

Rachel

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2012, 10:23:13 PM »
My Sim has made friends with a Ghost. I do not want to use him as a spouse, but can he still be counted for the best friend requirement even though he only shows up in the relationship panel some of the time?

EDIT to add another question:

My Sim just had a Private Wedding with her new Witchy spouse! However... Something odd has happened  :o
In the box that pops up to arrange the new households, the yellow "!" triangle is there, the one that pops up if there is a child but no adult, or only a pet. Except in this case, it says "Too many Sims for one household"
Not counting the spouse (who is the only one I want to add to my household), there are 9, I repeat, NINE Sims living in the house! Meaning before the marriage, there were 10! I didn't think this was even possible!
I do not have ANY mods in my game whatsoever. I do not have any 3rd party CC, only stuff from the official store.
Now for my question: I do not remember if it was decided in the workbench thread whether or not we are allowed to move in spares. Can I just bring a random person into my household, and then move them out again to a different house?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2012, 12:51:21 AM »
Now for my question: I do not remember if it was decided in the workbench thread whether or not we are allowed to move in spares. Can I just bring a random person into my household, and then move them out again to a different house?
I can't answer the 9 sims thing, unless you have pets - then it's up to 8 sims and 6 pets, with the total in the household being 10 in whatever combination tickles your fancy.

And the answer to what I quoted is a negative. The only one to move in is the spouse/partner.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2012, 05:44:48 AM »
I can't think of all the different types of items that can be added to the Mausoleum... I can only come up with six. :/ Paintings, photographs, inventions, books, sculptures, and bottles of nectar. What else will count toward the Mausoleum items? Do collections of rare stones/perfect fishes count?

Thanks in advance! I've just started this challenge, and I hope I can complete it!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2012, 05:57:45 AM »
I can't think of all the different types of items that can be added to the Mausoleum... I can only come up with six. :/ Paintings, photographs, inventions, books, sculptures, and bottles of nectar. What else will count toward the Mausoleum items? Do collections of rare stones/perfect fishes count?

Thanks in advance! I've just started this challenge, and I hope I can complete it!

Fish (mounted so they don't die), harvested veggies, potions, elixirs, and I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2012, 06:08:41 AM »
The list I have for items for the masoleum are:
Paintings.(From the painting skill,base game)
Potions(from the logic skill,generations)
Photographs(From the photography skill,world adventures)
Sculptures(from the sculpting skill,ambitions.)
Nectar(From nectar making skill,world adventures)
Perfect Plants(From Gardening skill,base game.)
Inventions(from inventing skill,ambitions)
Mounted fish(From the fishing skill,base game)
Elixrs(From the alchemy skill,supernatural.)
Books(from the writing skill,base game.)

The riding trophies from the riding skill may count but I am not sure on that one. The rest of the skills do not produced any objects that can be placed.

Rachel

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2012, 06:18:01 AM »
My Sim has made friends with a Ghost. I do not want to use him as a spouse, but can he still be counted for the best friend requirement even though he only shows up in the relationship panel some of the time?

EDIT to add another question:

My Sim just had a Private Wedding with her new Witchy spouse! However... Something odd has happened  :o
In the box that pops up to arrange the new households, the yellow "!" triangle is there, the one that pops up if there is a child but no adult, or only a pet. Except in this case, it says "Too many Sims for one household"
Not counting the spouse (who is the only one I want to add to my household), there are 9, I repeat, NINE Sims living in the house! Meaning before the marriage, there were 10! I didn't think this was even possible!
I do not have ANY mods in my game whatsoever. I do not have any 3rd party CC, only stuff from the official store.

Yes you can count the ghost if at the time you finish all 7 items, it still says best friend when you speak to them.  I would invite them over and double make sure. 

As for the really large household - The Sim that you married was probably a homeless Sim.  Homeless Sims can sometimes all live in the same household.  In my immortal dynasty, the homeless Sim household currently houses around 50 people.    To confirm, Shirin's answer, it says in the rules only spouses and spares may move in. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2012, 06:34:30 AM »
The list I have for items for the masoleum are:
Paintings.(From the painting skill,base game)
Potions(from the logic skill,generations)
Photographs(From the photography skill,world adventures)
Sculptures(from the sculpting skill,ambitions.)
Nectar(From nectar making skill,world adventures)
Perfect Plants(From Gardening skill,base game.)
Inventions(from inventing skill,ambitions)
Mounted fish(From the fishing skill,base game)
Elixrs(From the alchemy skill,supernatural.)
Books(from the writing skill,base game.)

The riding trophies from the riding skill may count but I am not sure on that one. The rest of the skills do not produced any objects that can be placed.

Rachel

Riding Trophies do count as the only item that counts for both career reward and 7 items.  It's in the FAQ post. (Reminder we have a FAQ post! :D)

Two more entries would be:
*Upgraded Appliances - Handiness Skill -- Metro said that this one works but they need to be in the mausoleum so in my mind remember this means that it will be in a place for show not necessarily in use.
*Gems from board breaking - Martial Arts Skill --  Gems are allowed only through board breaking because it requires level 10 in the skill as well as a skill challenge to actually get them.

Two new entries from UL are:
*Samples - Science Skill
*Graffiti - Street Art Skill

Small note: Plants don't have to be perfect to be placed in the mausoleum.  You could just as easily just put 7 omni plants in there or money bags from your money bag trees.  Value isn't a factor for this dynasy so you don't even have to get 7 of the best items just 7 items.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2012, 06:47:13 AM »
Thank you so much! I may have missed in the FAQ if it got updated since I last read it. >.< My bad!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2012, 06:55:56 AM »
Thank you so much! I may have missed in the FAQ if it got updated since I last read it. >.< My bad!

I went ahead and linked to my post with Rachel's quote in the rules. 

Big Thank you to Rachel for the list and Teresa before this for going over everything which reminded us to include the riding trophies.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »
Its not a homeless Sims Household. My Sim is trying to Marry Jules MacDuff, who is part of a starting household in a fresh neighborhood. The MacDuff Family includes Flint, Joanie (who is pregnant at the start), Joe, Jules, and Faith, as well as Lora and Felicity MacDuff who appear to be twins resulting from Joanie's Pregnancy. The additional Sims are Helen Hall, who originally lived in the Goth house of Ghosts,  and Waylon Wolff, who starts out in the Wolff Family home.
The thing is, the merge households screen from marriage is not cancellable.
I can either, A: bring either Helen Hall or Waylon Wolff into my home, and immediately move them out into their starting home or another random family, or B: close the game and go back to a save from a few minutes before the marriage ceremony. I hope I don't have to restart though, I had no way of knowing this could happen, it seems to be breaking the game code's rules for sure.
I'll wait for a reply before going any further.
Thanks!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.