Author Topic: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls  (Read 140142 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2013, 10:55:27 PM »
Not until this chapter! Lol
I rather liked what Kimberly looked like, although Marie is very pretty as well ^^

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2013, 01:41:48 AM »
I think Marie is a lot prettier. It does still weird me out that he not only picked a relative (have not got over that yet) but someone because she specifically looks like his great-grandmother. I still think she looks really good and rainboos however. So yes, congratulations!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2013, 08:19:07 AM »
I didn't freak me out, it is the sims lol. It is all about genetics. I can't wait for the rainboos. And Marie is beautiful. :)

SimBlip

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2013, 10:27:23 AM »
Wow! That was so unexpected! And I too harboured a small hope that Kimberley would be the chosen one.
Saying that, Marie is stunning and if she makes Everette happy, then all is well in the dojo.
(I loved Dewayne as a werewolf - most handsome werewolf ever!)
Great updates!  :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2013, 12:37:23 PM »
It really is all about the genetics! I'm going for rainboos, so yeah, the way to do that is through inbreeding. It's a little weird, but it also gives me something to do to keep the game file interesting. Besides, the town is a lot more interesting to play because so many of its inhabitants are extended relatives! Gives you more of a vested interest in their fate, I think. The truth is, Kimberly would have been a much more serious contender had I realized she was only two days younger than Marie, but at the time I couldn't remember. I played through an extra ten days sim-time just waiting for Marie to age up, but I figured it was worth it for a girl who looked like Samura. Sophie is lovely and all, but I didn't really fancy the Dojo genetics being completely over-run like that, not when I had other options. Seriously, all of Sophie's children look just like Sophie. She's got some crazy influential genes there.

Anyway, I'm sure what you really want to read about is:

Nooboo!

Well, it was a bit of a strange wedding, considering everyone else except the bride and groom realized they were related. From Samura's perspective, her great-grandson was marrying her granddaughter. From Gwenyth's perspective, her grandson was marrying her niece. From Gage's perspective, his son was marrying his cousin.

From Everette and Marie's perspective, however, it was pure wedded bliss! They tried for nooboo right away.

Dewayne had his adult birthday later that day, and he received a make-over.

I decided to get rid of the green-brown hair that he inherited from Nolan and change it to black. No sense producing another round of hopefully rainboos with puke colored hair! I think he cleaned up quite nicely.

He immediately set to work finding his first prey girlfriend. He successfully lands a first smooch with vampire Haley Fortune.

Marie soon realized she was pregnant.

Marie: "Wow, first a husband, now a nooboo and a trip to the salon for a soothing salvation package. Life is good!"

She was indeed, quite thoroughly pampered.

Marie breaks the news to her husband.

Everette is thrilled to learn that he'll soon be a dad.

Only a short time later, the labor pains hit.

In a flurry of sparkles, Marie ushers forth an aqua colored rainboo into the world.

Welcome, generation five, Percival Dojo!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2013, 12:50:45 PM »
Ooh, Percy's a lovely color.  Can't wait to see his hair/eyes.

Louise56

« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2013, 01:14:03 PM »
Yay for a rainboo! And don't worry about family relations, if the game think they were related, they won't be able to marry or even have romantic options. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
So did Marie change in the view of the family? Is she daughter-in-law now or still cousin?

And Percival is beautiful! I agree that the rainboos are worth the inbreeding.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2013, 01:58:19 PM »
Ooh, Percy's a lovely color.  Can't wait to see his hair/eyes.

Your wait is over! Hair/eye pics below! And quite a nice combo.

Yay for a rainboo! And don't worry about family relations, if the game think they were related, they won't be able to marry or even have romantic options. ;)

I know! I always get a little nervous wondering if the romantic option will be available! If there's not a convenient title for the relationship like "aunt" or something, the game tends not to recognize the relationship. Grandparent's siblings, for instance, are eligible romantic partners! It's been an interesting experiment.

So did Marie change in the view of the family? Is she daughter-in-law now or still cousin?

And Percival is beautiful! I agree that the rainboos are worth the inbreeding.

Marie did change relationship status once she married into the family. Of course, since she married in, all of her half and full siblings are related to the next generation, which is a little unfortunate. Nolan's children are now ineligible romantic partners for a few generations.

Surprising Eyes

While the Dojo household was welcoming their latest heir and rainboo, Dewayne was out making some rainboos of his own!

Or, at least, trying to.

Now that it was Leisure Day, Everette needed to grab a couple of photos for his Seasons collection. He enlisted the help of his grandmother Gwenyth.

Gwenyth: "You need me to float on a raft in a pool? *sigh* Well, it hard work, but I suppose somebody's got to do it!"

Next they went to the summer festival, so Everette could snap a photo of Serious, Competitive Eating.

The "omg, I won!" face here is just priceless.

They also encountered the most terrified kitty ever! Seriously, I've never seen that icon before, but this cat must be scarred out of its wits or something.

Has anyone else seen that icon in the thought bubble before, and if so what is it?

Gage, meanwhile, spent his leisure day tutoring Nolan's children. I'm sure they would have rather been swimming, but Gage has made it his mission to teach the whole extended family. Children and teens get tutoring with their homework, while adults get lessons in various useful skills. Teach on, professor!

Here he is with two of Nolan's younger children, Lester Rodgers:

And Lea Rodgers:

When everyone got home, it was time for another birthday.

Percival aged up to toddler.

I'm glad to see Carmen's hair sticking around for another generation, but where he gets those grey eyes is beyond me!

Grey hair, grey eyes, and light blue skin: really quite a lovely color palette!

Gah! Too cute!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »
Re: the cat icon.  I think he's spooked.  Was there thunder right before?  My horse gets that moodlet fairly often in the spring.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2013, 06:50:43 PM »
Percival is the cutest little toddler! He actually reminds me of Everette more than Carmen, but I think he has a little of Samura's eyes . . . yep, I am way too caught up in the genetics of this dynasty!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Louise56

« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »
Percival is a cutie! I have seen the cat's icon, but can't remember what it mean.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
I agree with Tilia, I think it comes from thunder. I believe on cats the title of the moodlet is Startled.

Percival is so cute!

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2013, 09:00:50 PM »
Re: the cat icon.  I think he's spooked.  Was there thunder right before?  My horse gets that moodlet fairly often in the spring.

Ah, a weather thing, got it. I just thought it was really funny! Like, man, what did someone just do to that cat? Probably was thunder.

Percival is the cutest little toddler! He actually reminds me of Everette more than Carmen, but I think he has a little of Samura's eyes . . . yep, I am way too caught up in the genetics of this dynasty!

Well, good! So am I! He certainly looks a lot like his dad Everette. I think the only resemblance with Carmen is from the hair color--which I'm glad seems to be sticking around!

Percival is a cutie! I have seen the cat's icon, but can't remember what it mean.

I think so, too. I took way too many screenshots of him!

I agree with Tilia, I think it comes from thunder. I believe on cats the title of the moodlet is Startled.

Percival is so cute!

He is! And the icon is hilarious. They did some good art work on that.

Birthday Boys

Everyone is eager to spend time with the Dojo's latest rainboo Percival.

Marie handles walking lessons.

Everette teaches his son to talk.

Great-great-grandma Samura takes him for a stroll and a portrait session.

And one more toddler shot just because it's cute. Playing peek-a-boo in the toy box!

While everyone else in the household swarms around Percival, Dewayne is busy taking care of a nooboo of his own.

His first son, Kain Fortune, ages up with yellow eyes. At least, I think they're yellow. I'll admit to some confusion over how vampire and werewolf eyes work. Tawnya and Perry Barrios have eyes that gleam yellow like that when you see them in "human" form, but in werewolf form they appear to be a non-gleaming brown. Anyway, Kain's also a vampire like his momma.

Dewayne and Hailey are eagerly expecting the arrival of another nooboo.

Gage continues his tutoring lessons.

Here he is with Tawnya Barrios, Owen's third and youngest child. Yes, she's still a child after all this time, poor werewolf!

He pays a visit to Kimberly Dent, who apparently has also chosen the werewolf path. Gage decides she needs lessons in cooking.

Everette ages up to adult, surrounded by both immediate and extended family, at the Toadstool.

The family is actually so large that they can't all be invited to the same party, and the family is only getting bigger. I've got no problem with that! The more Dojos the better, I say!

Last, but certainly not least, it's time for yet another birthday.

I love how Everette is just calmly drinking coffee while everyone else is partying.

Everette: *slurp!* "Nothing to see here, just another birthday party. We have so many."

Marie: "Honey, it's your son! At least pretend to be excited!"

Everette: "Oh, alright. Woo!" *blows noisemaker*

Percival ages up into what may quite possibly be the most adorable child sim ever.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2013, 09:05:56 PM »
Percy's cute...I love his blueness XD
Do you have an old file that you could use to upload some of Owen's children, like Kimberly?