Author Topic: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls  (Read 139710 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls
« Reply #375 on: February 26, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »
I love how she has this little crush on Lester! I hope you can get them together at the end . . .

You had better get them together at the end!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2013, 01:05:48 AM »
Wow, what a great switch-up for Lilith's career requirement.

That's an amazing number of books, I think I will have to take note of your plan for Rhoxi and use it in my dynasty.

Your almost there!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #377 on: February 27, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »

....that's a lot of books.... but am I right to say that at this point she can write three or four children's books a day, maybe five or six if she abuses the right combination of elixirs? :)

I timed her after she finished the skill challenge that makes you write faster. It takes her about three and a half hours to crank out a children's book. So yeah, sounds about right!

Yes! So exciting! I feel like this is a train hurtling towards the finish, gathering speed as it goes! Which is unusual, I mean normally in dynasties the last generations drag. The book titles were very...enlightening.

Yes, there are definitely some "Easter eggs" for those who care to peruse!  ;D

And congrats on Lilith becoming immortal! ;D

Thanks!

Lilith's elder clothes are beautiful! I think she's the best looking out of all the immortals, no doubt about it (in my opinion) ;) and that's a LOT of books! I can barely write one, let alone all those! Well, there's just too much juicy stuff to write about in the Dojo family  ;D love it!!

It's a close call, I think, on who the best looking immortal is, but I'd probably have to agree with you about Lilith. It's hard though, there are so many great looking Dojos!

I laughed so loudly at "Everette the Baby Face" and "Everette's Photo Collection" that my mother came in to check if I was okay. I keep hearing her mutter things about "Elise getting too invested in fictional characters", but those were hilarious and brilliant titles! Were those best-sellers? They should have been...

OH! I almost forgot about my main question. Is Rhoxi a self-employed writer, and if not, what is her career going to be?.

Yes, she's a writer for her career. I've gotten rather invested in these fictional characters too. That's part of the fun of a good story, I think!

I love how she has this little crush on Lester! I hope you can get them together at the end . . .

You had better get them together at the end!

Haha! No worries! Just some patience!  :P

Wow, what a great switch-up for Lilith's career requirement.

That's an amazing number of books, I think I will have to take note of your plan for Rhoxi and use it in my dynasty.

Your almost there!

Yeah, I seriously freaked out over Lilith's career! The rabbit hole careers have been weirdly difficult in this town. Alchemy, though, turned out to be super easy. Thank goodness, right?

Ghostly Tidings

Oh, Lilith, what ever are you excited about this time?

Lilith: "Haven't you heard? My daughter's career is going swimmingly. She's going to have her requirements finished in record time!"

And it was true, thanks to her mother's many potions, Rhoxi was able to write non-stop.

She maxed the writing career before she even turned into a full-fledged adult.

The night before Rhoxi's adult birthday, Gwenyth sought Carmen out in the graveyard and was excited to find him.

He seemed excited to see her too, at least at first.

Yet when she tried to embrace him, Carmen was strangely reticent.

Gwenyth: "What's wrong, love? Didn't Carmella give you my message? Don't you want to live another life with me?"

Carmen: "Yes! More than anything! but -- I could never ask that of you."

Gwenyth: "I don't understand. Carmen, what's this about?"

But before she could get an answer, the sun came up and called Carmen away.

Gwenyth wasn't the only one to receive strange tidings that night. It seemed that Samura liked the ghosts's news no better.

Samura: "This is absurd! There has to be another way, surely?"

Jasen: "I'm afraid Grim is quite firm on this point. Powerful a witch as you are, Samura, even you are not likely to get around this one."

Well, they would just have to see about that.

In the morning, Rhoxi celebrated her adult birthday at The Toadstool.

She gained a few wrinkles, perhaps, but was otherwise the same as ever.

After consulting with Samura, Rhoxi decided to write one, last book.

She was certain it was destined to be a masterpiece.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #378 on: February 27, 2013, 12:09:11 PM »
Shades of Midnight! That's all I will say here :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2013, 05:01:39 PM »
What Do We Do Now?

The elders were getting ever more anxious as the days dwindled by, but they found ways to keep themselves busy.

They played gnubb.

And catch.

They pillow fought.

And chatted.

But most of all? They did what all elders love most. They napped, and rocked, and napped, and rocked.

They also talked about what the future held in store for each of them.

Samura: "Gwenyth, I'll do what I can, but I may not be able to help you in this."

Gwenyth: "Don't worry about it, mom. I'd do anything to be with Carmen again."

Samura sighed. That's what she was afraid of.

Gage: "I don't know about you guys, but I vote we all drink young again potions. I can make them for us, you know."

Darcy: "I just can't wait to see Doreen again! What about you, Everette? Fancy a second life with Marie?"

Everette: "Hm, I dunno. We had a good life together and everything, but . . . it just doesn't seem right to me to bring her back."

Percival: "Well I can tell you, there's not a chance I want to get back together with Shawnya! That woman was a nightmare. Who knows, maybe I'll become a cook next time around."

Gage: "Oh, and I can finally learn to fish without grandma telling me to quit!"

The elders all laughed. Yes, there were so many things that they would be able to do! There would be no more of Samura's scolding voice saying, "Gage, put down that fishing rod! Gwenyth, get away from the chess board! For Pete's sake, Darcy, get out of the garden!"

Darcy: "What about all the other Dojos who are ghosts in the graveyard? Shouldn't we do something for them too?"

Samura just rolled her eyes in tolerant vexation. "Well, gee, not exactly making this easy on me, are you? Guess I'd best get back to practicing magic. What about you, Lilith? You've been awfully quiet."

Lilith: "I dunno, grams, maybe I'll try a different supernatural life state."

Even Rhoxi was feeling the urge to get out of the house. She longed for the day she'd be able to do normal things like get married and . . .

Yes! A unicorn, that was just what was missing from the picture! Become a fairy, marry Lester, have nooboos, and raise unicorns! Perfect!

Then the day they were waiting for finally came.

Rhoxi became an elder.

She got her make-over, though she wouldn't need it for very long.

She added her final pieces to the museum.

And then?

Rhoxi Dojo: Immortal the Eighth
Supermax: Writing
Career: Writing
LTW: Illustrious Author
LTRs: Acclaimed Author, Opportunistic, That Was Deliberate
Black Ops: Scavenger Hunt: Beetle Quest, Art Class, Make-A-Dream, A History of One, The Study of Art, Add a Little Drama
Property: Moonlight Falls Historical Society and Museum
Building: Van Gould Merchant House Cafe
BFFs: Gwenyth Dojo, Gage Dojo, Percival Dojo, Samura Dojo, Darcy Dojo, Lilith Dojo, Alysia Runyon
Portraits and sculptures for each life stage: complete

The elders just stared at each other. They'd talked about what they'd all do for so long, but now it was actually time. They all held the same thought in their minds:

"Well, what do we do now?"

(The challenge is complete, but stick around to see how the story wraps up. It will take several updates, so I'll make it clear when it's the end by saying explicitly, "The End!" Thanks again to everyone who's been reading along! I'm still a little stunned that it's actually finished!)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2013, 05:11:25 PM »
Congrats!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #381 on: February 27, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »
Congrats and thank you for a very interesting story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #382 on: February 27, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
Hooray for you and your techni-coloured dynasty! Can't wait to see how the story wraps up.  :D
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #383 on: February 27, 2013, 05:28:52 PM »
Congratulations! :D I've been reading all the way through, but have never commented(I haven't been commenting much anywhere :S) but when I saw you'd made it I had to add my congrats! You've created a beautiful family, I can't wait to see how you end their story :D

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #384 on: February 27, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »
Congrats, Rhoxi! You did it!  ;D Fist pumps all around!
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #385 on: February 27, 2013, 05:40:15 PM »
Congratulations Rhoxi~

Will you show off the whole museum, as well as a picture of all eight of them?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #386 on: February 27, 2013, 05:45:49 PM »
Congratulations on completing your Dynasty, Rhoxi! I'm so glad that the Dojos have finally finished their journey to immortality! I can't wait to see how the story ends. Those story titles are great!  ;D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #387 on: February 27, 2013, 05:58:02 PM »
Yay! Go Rhoxi! Both of you ;D That is fantastic, I like how they are discussing what they will do next.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #388 on: February 27, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »
WOO! You finshed it!!! YAY!!! *blows party horn*
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #389 on: February 27, 2013, 06:00:25 PM »
Congratulations on finishing the dynasty Rhoxi :-)