Author Topic: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls  (Read 72008 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Samura's Dojo Dynasty: Moonlight Falls
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »

Thinking of her marternity pants worked in unforeseeable ways!
Ah, the light of the silvery moon... Gage is bound to be special.
These updates are a real treat, Rhoxi! You're updating more regularly than clockwork!  :D

Who knew pants could change the future? Well, enjoy the updates, because I'm an entire generation ahead and have got to get caught up!

Welcome Gage. A pink nooboo boy. The moon does have strange effects on people.

I know, right! If I'd known it would be a pink nooboo, I probably would have had Gwenyth eat watermelons.

Gwenyth's Other Child

Now that he was a grand-pappy (and had gotten that nice fridge), Pablo decided it was time to retire.

Owen grew up into a handsome young adult, if I do say so myself.

Although, for some strange reason, he insisted on taking his nephew Gage with him to graduation.

I guess nobody can resist the lure of an adorable rainboo!

When they came home (and Owen would finally set him down!) it was time to celebrate Gage's toddler birthday.

He aged up with his mother's jet black hair, but with his daddy's eye shape and color.

Of course, everybody had to grab some cuddle time with the cuteness!

But where are my manners? I shouldn't neglect to mention Gwenyth's other child!

As an inventor, this green lady can create life in more ways than one! Simbot Shayne is loosed into the wild, and Gwenyth completes another black ops.

SimBlip

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »
Owen looks fantastic and Gage is too cute for words.
Hahaha! You got me there.
I didn't inspected a Simbot child just yet. Good luck, Shayne! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2012, 02:17:33 AM »
You got a purpleboo? Oh, lucky!
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Louise56

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2012, 09:42:09 AM »
Yay for all the updates! The rainboo is adorable. ;D

Offline Kuro Warau

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life State Lover!
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
I really love this dynasty! Ah, the colors!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »
A Miscellaneous Mesh of Events

Samura called Nolan home from school early, and he aged up to young adult as soon as he came home.

I guess he heard how his older brother had brought Gage to his graduation and decided he wanted to do the same. Nolan snatched up the poor kid right in the middle of his nap.

Gage was fussy and sleepy going into the graduation ceremony, so you can image how tired he was when he got out!

It made for quite an unpleasant birthday.

I really do love all of the expressions sims make at birthday parties. Carmen and Owen seem to be engaged in a Recipe-Man-Style contest to see who can open their mouth the widest; Pablo tries to drown out the crying with a noise even more loud and annoying, while Samura looks like she's about to burst into tears herself! (Dear god, the crying, make it stop!)

I did manage to snag one cute shot for the scrapbook, though!

Here he is after his child make-over (and a nap!):

Much like his father, Gage got the genius trait. He went straight to work at his new chemistry set.

In other news, Nolan met a lovely fairy named Sophie.

He invited his new girlfriend over to the house on the night of a full moon, and strangely enough, she turned into a zombie after she was invited into the house!

Fortunately, zombies are quite slow, so no one was harmed, but having a zombie guest certainly made for a strange night.

Sophie interrupted Gwenyth's progress at the inventing table.

Then she started giving massages!

She actually stayed a zombie for several days, which obviously somewhat hampered Nolan's lifetime wish of raising five children.

He amused himself elsewhere in the meantime. Cruel, I know, but such is the fate for a colorful spare in this dynasty. Let's make more rainboos!

His brother Owen, on the other hand, preferred to focus on more serious activities.

He'd known since he was a child that he wanted to be an international super-spy, so he took up a carer in law enforcement.

I almost forgot to mention that Gwenyth took up playing the drums as part of her lifetime wish to be a renaissance sim.

And that Carmen is progressing quite nicely in the science career--did I mention that was his lifetime wish?

In closing, Carmen and Gwenyth both aged up to adults only a couple of days apart.

Anna33

« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »
Gage is a lovely child, shame the yellow eyes are gone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »
Eeek! A faerie zombie... that is traumatic (even though, Sophie is nice enough to give massages).
Aw! Nolan... raising five kiddies is a lot of work! Especially, it they don't live at home.
I bet Owen hypnotises his interviewees with his yellow eyes. Nice to see him do so well!
Great update! :)

Louise56

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »
Gage is very cute! It is hilarious that she turn into a zombie lol. Great update. :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2012, 10:46:46 PM »
Gage is a lovely child, shame the yellow eyes are gone.

It is, but you never know, they might just pop back up if I'm fabulously lucky. I doubt it though, Gwenyth getting both the rainbow skin and yellow eyes was already such a lucky break!

Eeek! A faerie zombie... that is traumatic (even though, Sophie is nice enough to give massages).
Aw! Nolan... raising five kiddies is a lot of work! Especially, it they don't live at home.
I bet Owen hypnotises his interviewees with his yellow eyes. Nice to see him do so well!
Great update! :)

Well, since I was going to have him make as many children as possible anyway, it seemed like a good lifetime wish for him. The more rainboos in town, the merrier!

Gage is very cute! It is hilarious that she turn into a zombie lol. Great update. :)

It was hilarious, indeed! I had no idea guests on the lot could turn into zombies! I've avoided inviting people over on the full moon since that.

A Prom Date for a Pink Boy

Gage awoke, bright and early, eager to celebrate his teenage birthday before the school bus arrived.

Sadly, a grim visitor decided to arrive even earlier.

Pablo wasn't a particularly long lived elder, but he did have a full life as a part of the Dojo household. He maxed the cooking career, and also completed the lifetime wish he possessed when moving into the house: the Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous. A strange wish for a plumber, true, but fate has a way of granting even the most far fetched wishes sometimes--even if it means hurling a dynasty into your path to make it happen!

He, too, begged for more time, but Grim refused.

What is with Grim coming for parents on their kids birthdays in this dynasty? Sheesh!

Nevertheless, the family gathered around to celebrate.

Gage decided he was a bit of hat person. Here he is in his teen wardrobe:

Night after night, he stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, staring up into space.

And when he wasn't staring at the sky, he was staring at the chess board!

Gwenyth began to worry about this strange moon child of hers.

He seemed to take after only his father! A genius, hanging out alone all day, and can you believe her own son--her, a daredevil--turned out to be a coward!

The mere sight of Annalove was enough to send him into fainting spells.

Well, just when she began to doubt that her son would ever meet a nice girl and have normal teenage experience, her son suddenly ran up to her and told her he had found a date to the prom!

You see, he was thinking about how he wanted to go to prom with someone. He threw up a wish to go.

Then it just popped into his head; he knew exactly how he could make that wish come true!

He threw up a second wish--to make his imaginary friend Marivell into a real girl.

With an anxious bite to the fingernails, Gage handed her the potion.

And just like 3, 2, 1 . . .

Marivell became a sim!

Marivell: "I wish to go to prom with Gage!"

Perfect! Then go you shall.

I think it's quite fitting: a pink haired prom date for a pink boy.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2012, 10:54:17 PM »
Gage is such a handsome teenager! And Marivell is very pretty, even for an Imaginary Friend. Perfect couple!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2012, 11:17:42 PM »
The yellow eyes might be gone, but Marivell's bright teal eyes aren't a bad trade-off.

RIP Pablo. Cooking and fathering rainboos are the marks of a life well-lived.

Louise56

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2012, 06:29:27 AM »
R.I.P Pablo. I hope Gage have a good time at prom.

SimBlip

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »
I totally forgot Pablo was a NPC before joining the Dojo. As a plumber he must have come in handy.
It's nice to know he completed his original lifetime wish. He sure accomplished a lot! R.I.P. Pablo.
Gage is wonderful! I love his dress sense and his expressions are hilarious!
Oh! And isn't he clever... *thumbs up*  :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2012, 03:37:56 AM »
Gage is such a handsome teenager! And Marivell is very pretty, even for an Imaginary Friend. Perfect couple!

I think so, too! Definitely some good genetics for a nooboo!

The yellow eyes might be gone, but Marivell's bright teal eyes aren't a bad trade-off.

RIP Pablo. Cooking and fathering rainboos are the marks of a life well-lived.

Hehe! Fathering and grand-fathering rainboos! A good life, indeed.

R.I.P Pablo. I hope Gage have a good time at prom.

Oh, he did!

I totally forgot Pablo was a NPC before joining the Dojo. As a plumber he must have come in handy.
It's nice to know he completed his original lifetime wish. He sure accomplished a lot! R.I.P. Pablo.
Gage is wonderful! I love his dress sense and his expressions are hilarious!
Oh! And isn't he clever... *thumbs up*  :D

It's true, cowardly sims have the funniest expressions! I felt like this dynasty needed a frequent fainter, too. My founder in a previous attempt was a coward, and it was just too much fun.

In Other News

Marivell received a prompt make-over.

Gage and Marivell attended prom together, and of course, because they were best friends they came home in a steady relationship!

After that, they were inseparable, working on homework together after school . . .

And, thanks to Gage's logic skill, he tutored Marivell to make sure she got caught up on all the study time she had missed, what with being an imaginary friend and all.

As for the other members of the Dojo household, Gwenyth had a bit of a mid-life crisis.

She decided she wanted a cool, new car and--since it seemed in-line with her personality, she got it!

Samura has recently taken up learning the cooking skill. She needed something to keep her busy, after all, and with Pablo gone the family needed delicious meals.

She particularly enjoyed the new hibachi grill.

Owen also had his adult birthday, although it passed quietly with little ado.

The fairy Sophie finally snapped out of the zombie state she seemed to be stuck in, and Nolan eagerly resumed their relationship.

Not that that stopped him from seeing Christopher, too.

Here's Nolan holding one of their children, while Christopher--pregnant, again!--excuses herself to the bathroom to hurl her guts out.

Finally, I managed to snag a decent shot of Samura eating ambrosia. Here it is, just because it's cute.

Up next: birthdays and adorable nooboos!

Louise56

« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2012, 05:51:03 AM »
The last picture is awesome! Great update. :)

SimBlip

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2012, 08:17:29 AM »
Woah! Samura at the grill is like a fusion of culinary and martial arts.
What a lovely set of furniture. It could have been made for the dojo!
Dear heavens... a lilac nooboo! How cute is that?
Glorious ambrosia picture!  :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2012, 02:54:29 AM »

The last picture is awesome! Great update. :)

Thanks!

Woah! Samura at the grill is like a fusion of culinary and martial arts.
What a lovely set of furniture. It could have been made for the dojo!
Dear heavens... a lilac nooboo! How cute is that?
Glorious ambrosia picture!  :D

How cute? It's incredibly cute. I hope you love 'em, because there's more on the way! And yeah, I love the new hibachi grill set. I saw it, loved it, and bought it within ten minutes of having first seen it. It just needed to be in my dojo.

The Seasons Arrive

The summer season hit Moonlight Falls with a sudden heat wave, and the Dojo household was eager to explore the new weather and festivals.

Samura tried her skills with roller blades.

Nolan wrote love letters to his two lady friends: Sophie and Christopher.

While Gwenyth tried making new friends over water balloon fights.

She caught her dad up to the most unusual prank the other morning.

Pablo the ghost was trying to make ambrosia! I'm not sure how he got a hold of the ingredients, but I may have had a death fish in the fringe. As for the life fruit, there was an old life fruit or two lying inside the foundation from where I stored them pre-chest. A sim couldn't get to it, but I guess a ghost probably could. Fortunately, Gwenyth was able to side track him into some conversation.

Gwenyth: "Now, dad. You don't . . . want . . . to do this. Just . . . put the cooking down and back away, nice and slow. Good! Now, tell me: how did you die again?"

Pablo: "Oh, sweetie! You remember, I died of old age!"

Gwenyth: "Right, of course. And remember, you want to stay dead, yes? I mean, I love you and everything, but this is a dynasty, dad."

Crisis averted, Gage and Marivell celebrated a joint birthday, aging up to adults.

Just look at the confidence radiating from Marivell. This is a lady who knows exactly what she wants--and knows she's going to get it!

Gage is a little more anxious as the sparkles flutter around him, but he ages up all the same.

Here they are after a make-over.

Gage decides to slick his hair back in a classic 50's style, with a wardrobe I think looks pretty suitable for his intended profession of school teacher. Why, hello professor!

Marivell gets a wardrobe to match her hair and eyes.

And, since I did promise an adorable nooboo in my last update, here it is! Nolan and Christopher's baby, Jason, ages up to toddler.

SimBlip

« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2012, 01:23:56 PM »
Tsk, tsk, Pablo! What on earth were you thinking of?  ::)  I love the way Gwyneth handled the situation!
Huh! Marivell breaks the Fourth Wall! She's looking every Watcher straight in the eye there.
Mm. I love Nolan's look. We could do with profs like him in our reality.
Aw! Jason! The lightness of being earnest has just become unbearable.  :o He must be the most unique and adorable toddler ever!

Merry Christmas, Rhoxi!  ;D

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
Oh Pablo, you trickster. I thought ghosts interrupting birthdays was bad enough, but that might take the cake.

Jason is extra-adorable!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2012, 11:02:54 PM »

Tsk, tsk, Pablo! What on earth were you thinking of?  ::)  I love the way Gwyneth handled the situation!
Huh! Marivell breaks the Fourth Wall! She's looking every Watcher straight in the eye there.
Mm. I love Nolan's look. We could do with profs like him in our reality.
Aw! Jason! The lightness of being earnest has just become unbearable.  :o He must be the most unique and adorable toddler ever!

Merry Christmas, Rhoxi!  ;D

And Merry Christmas to you, Simblip! Breaking the fourth wall, that's a great way to put it.

Oh Pablo, you trickster. I thought ghosts interrupting birthdays was bad enough, but that might take the cake.

Jason is extra-adorable!

Yeah, it freaked me out. It never occurred to me to ghost-proof the house! And can you believe it, Pablo's grave is buggy so I can't move him off the lot!

A Wedding Disaster

Gage continued to make steady progress on his dynasty achievements.

He discovered his twentieth celestial body.

And he fulfilled his lifetime wish to be grand master of chess.

You may or may not think the gentleman Gage is playing against looks familiar. That man is actually Gage's uncle and Carmen's half-brother--an earlier son J.J. Fortier had with another sim before Carmella came along.

Speaking of Carmen, he aged up to elder.

Now that they were young adults, Gage decided it was time to pull Marivell aside for a little chat about what the future held in store for them.

Of course this future came with a shiny diamond ring!

Gage was so thrilled that he actually leaped into Marivell's arms.

She scoops him up with a loving, tolerant eye-roll that just seems to say, "What am I going to do with this ridiculous man?"

But while one pair of lovers in the Dojo household was planning a bright, shining future, the other pair of lovers found themselves abruptly going up in smoke.

It all started when Owen invited his new girlfriend, Savannah Barrios over for a visit. Gwenyth needed a few more best friends to prepare for her impending elder birthday, and she wanted to get to know Savannah. Well, she thought asking her to spend the night would be just the thing. They could chat all night and be besties by morning!

To put it mildly, Samura took this somewhat amiss.

Gwenyth: "Mom what's wro---"

Samura: "You ungrateful hussy! How dare you cheat on my son-in-law!"

Gwenyth tried desperately to explain. She hadn't intended to be flirtatious, honest!

It took some time to calm Samura down--their relationship bar dipped almost maximum into the red! But eventually they reconciled.

Gwenyth and Carmen went to bed as usual that night, and Gwenyth thought that last night would be the end of it. However, when she awoke, a nasty rumor had spread throughout all of Moonlight Falls that she had betrayed Carmen. It didn't take long for the news to reach him--and on the morning of their son's wedding!

The second the ladies heard Carmen might be on the market, they flooded him with phone calls.

Carmen: "Look, I'm not sure what you've heard, but you've got the wrong idea, missy! I may be betrayed, but your solicitations are certainly not welcome."

Despite the betrayal, both Carmen and Gwenyth threw up wishes to kiss and woohoo with each other. Quite literally, they both seemed to want to kiss and make up!

The wedding was indeed beautiful, but Gwenyth found herself too worried to really enjoy it.

She couldn't wait any longer to talk things out. As soon as the ceremony ended, while the guests were helping themselves to the wedding cake, Gwenyth pulled Carmen aside for a chat.

He was reluctant to listen at first.

Gwenyth: "It's all just a big misunderstanding! I just asked her to spend the night--and I didn't even mean it like that!"

She begged for forgiveness, and Carmen accepted her apology.

While Gwenyth and Carmen were trying to mend the bond that had been broken, Gage and Marivell were doing a little bonding of their own.

To tell the truth, I think Gage was a little nervous about his first woohoo.

But with the help of a little liquid courage, he swept his bride into his arms.

And the sound of a lullaby drifted through the dojo.

Generation four, here we come!

SimBlip

« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2012, 11:37:08 PM »
OMG, the drama! And it seems so unfair... Poor Gwenyth!
Gage's facial expressions keep cracking me up.
Yay for generation four! Terrific update, Rhoxi!  :D

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2012, 08:38:34 AM »
Poor Gwenyth. Such a gossipy town.  ::)

I like how you took what had to be a really frustrating experience, and made it funny. And the fall wedding was so pretty!
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Louise56

« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2012, 03:01:27 AM »
Poor Gwenyth lol! Congrats on the wedding, I can't wait for the nooboo! ;D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »
Poor Gwenyth lol! Congrats on the wedding, I can't wait for the nooboo! ;D

I know! Who'd have thought it would cause such a raucous?

Poor Gwenyth. Such a gossipy town.  ::)

I like how you took what had to be a really frustrating experience, and made it funny. And the fall wedding was so pretty!

It actually wasn't that frustrating. Let's face it, a little drama helps to spice up a long dynasty story, and I really was surprised how quickly they made up.

OMG, the drama! And it seems so unfair... Poor Gwenyth!
Gage's facial expressions keep cracking me up.
Yay for generation four! Terrific update, Rhoxi!  :D

Gage cracks me up too. Should I feel bad that it's funny when he's terrified? Oh well!

Renewed Vigor

Gwenyth celebrated her elder birthday only a couple of days later.

I don't think she was thrilled about the idea of growing old.

She adjusted, as we all must. She got a make over, which I think helped improve her spirits somewhat, but she kept the white hair.

Her mom pulled her aside for a quick portrait session, and then it was time for a whole new set of sparkles.

Gwenyth Dojo: Immortal the Second
Career: Inventing
Supermax: Handiness
LTRs: Efficient Inventor, Fireproof Homestead, The Hustler
LTW: Renaissance Sim
Property: Hallowed Grounds Cemetery
Building: Mind-Body Connection Spa and Bookstore
BFFs: Chet Barrios, Antonia McDonough, Branch Timbley, Charlotte Barrios, Carmen Dojo, Bryce Younan
Portraits and Sculptures for all life stages: Complete.

Despite the drama in the last update, things between Gwenyth and Carmen were doing considerably better.

I got a little worried, though, when I saw this:

It turns out this was actually a flirtatious interaction called "Talk about Feelings" that Carmen has access to, I think because of his brooding trait. Instead of wishing to break it off with Gwenyth, Carmen actually seems to have a renewed vigor for the relationship. Maybe it's because Gwenyth isn't so busy any more, but I often find the two of them spamming friendly or romantic socials on each other.

Like this! I look over, and they're thinking how each other is "extremely irresistible" and are making out in the park!

It's the wishes, too. Now they are both constantly throwing up wishes to woohoo, kiss, hug amorously, and sometimes just to chat. You know, I expect newly weds to want to woohoo like bunnies, but it's a little surprising coming from a pair of elders. Well, what can I say other than that I love it! I don't think I've ever had a pair of lovers as affectionate as these two have become. It's really quite sweet.

By the way, Nolan's son Jason aged up to child.

I guess I should report about some of Nolan's other children. It's a little bit sad to show you these pictures, because two of these adorable nooboos didn't make it. The story progression fiend struck, killing two in tragic accidents.

These are triplets from his first batch of children with Sophie Rodgers, but only the boy--whose face you can't even see--lived. His name is Charlie.

Well, after they died, I made sure to spend more time developing relationships with the children pronto. I hear that helps them not get killed off. Something about story progression targeting sims with few relationships? Now all children, especially rainboos, are thoroughly snuggled into either good or best friend status before they even age up to toddler.

Nolan isn't the only one with children, though. I mentioned last time that Owen was dating Savannah Barrios. Well, here's a picture of their second child! (I forgot to snag a nooboo shot of the first one.)

Unfortunately, his eyes aren't actually yellow. It's just a werewolf thing, I suppose. Still, cute!

All this talk of nooboos is great, but I know it isn't the nooboo you'd really like to hear about.

Gage and Marivell are also expecting.

Well, more on that next time!