Author Topic: The Time Machine!  (Read 118750 times)

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
Re: The Time Machine!
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2013, 10:26:56 AM »
Has anyone sent a vampire in the machine to see if they return with a vampire kid?

I sent my vampire and his imaginary friend wife to try for a baby in the past. Their daughter showed up about two days later, as a young adult vampire, and looks like her mum. Sadly, my game started glitching after she arrived (first I lost my vampire's avatar and had to fix it, then my game started to crash after rebuilding their house, then it just crashed whenever), so I might have to go to an earlier save and forget about her. She was cute, considering Ayden Van Gould is her grandfather.
Current Story: Vesta's Reward

Kaiko E. Mikkusu

« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2014, 05:32:29 PM »
I think the time machine and the miner are both pretty fun!  So far I haven't had them come back with a new friend, but I did once have them come back saying they saved someone's life and when they got home they were automatically best friends with the relatives of the person they saved.  I thought that was pretty cool!

Yup, and this apparently also sacrifices one of the premade Sims in the meanwhile. For me when i was playing with Yumi\Kayeze, Blair Wainwright was the one sacrificed. I also think Martin Lucero (the "automatic best friend") may not actually be Face 1, but have the male version of Blair's facial features. But he's a dark skinned redhead unlike her. Not like Tamara and Xander have a daughter named Blair, after Tammy's former roommate. (but Blair Donner's middle name is Jennifer, like Xander's grandmother Jennie Clavell. The middle initial helps distinguish. She will change her surname into Wainwright once she turns YA.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2014, 05:38:20 PM »
Can you please stop reviving old threads in order to make pointless posts that have no relevance what so ever to the original post.

This thread is four years old and you have added no useful information to it so could you please stop.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2014, 03:09:51 PM »
It does have useful information, it's about time machine ...

Kaiko, the post you just made has nothing to do with the time machine.  Your post is off-topic and for that reason I'm removing it.  Please make sure your future posts are on-topic.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline frechi123

• Nooboo
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2019, 09:36:32 PM »
Out of all the things that can happen in the time machine, I have never had any Sims following mine back or becoming friends with ancestors/descendants - just mostly items and outfits. I think I'm cursed :\

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2020, 04:01:32 AM »
Well, I can add that inventing a time machine at Uni, and going into the past doesn't stop the game from popping out a time machine child! My Uni sim is a married father of twins who has the perfect Student LTW. So with his heir and a spare twins safely born, he finally got to go to University. He'd had invent a time machine and master inventing wishes for awhile in his hometown, so I had him invent for a bit the first day he arrived. To my surprise, he actually built the time machine and then of course popped a wish to travel in the past. Just as I had him jump inside, I remembered that traveling to the past could result in an unexpected child not related to the spouse. But he was already inside so too late to reconsider and I thought surely the game wouldn't allow that in Uni, a town that's not set up for children. But a few moments later a little girl comes out of the time machine and my first thought is, "Why is the paper girl on the side of the house?" But then when I hovered over her, I see her name and then her icon under my sims and realize, oops....time machine kid! Umm, I definitely think he'll have some explaining to do to his wife and a whole term of Uni to do with a full course load while watching over his new daughter! She looks just like him, same hair and skin tone, and even has one of his traits. So now instead of his bungalow being a serious study den, it's kid central with a house and yard full of toys! But since it's not a legacy or dynasty challenge game, I can't bear to give her up, so once he's done with his first term and goes home, little Marisol will go too and meet the rest of her family. Then he'll head back to Uni with her safely at home to finish his degree and hopefully complete his LTW! Needless to say, he won't be adventuring in the time machine again any time soon, quite possibly never! There should be a HUGE warning sign on it, Entering Can Cause Unexpected Parenthood!!!! And here I thought this time in Uni would be boring!!!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2020, 10:51:54 AM »
@deedee_828: I know you use some NRaas mods and I'm wondering if those bypass any bans on kids and adding to the household while at university. Not a condemnation and considering how popular NRaas suite is, a good warning for all. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2020, 01:58:05 PM »
That's a very good point! I wasn't even thinking about NRaas SP controlling that until you brought it up! Since I did activate NRaas SP when I got to Uni, and my default settings allow for romance and relationships in all my towns, as well as pregnancy, then it may be exactly why it was allowed! I'll definitely be checking my settings out and making the necessary changes so Uni isn't overrun with nooboos who can never really grow up.

But that's exactly why I posted, as a warning to others about using the time machine in Uni, though those that stick with EA SP may not experience that particular side affect.

If some brave player wants to test out that theory using EA SP, I'd love to know the results!

anything