Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 62010 times)

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »
Sometimes the wish just doesn't fire.   Wait a few days - have her sleep at night.  Final promotion in a career that uses Logic can help too.   Wishes are the hardest part of this dynasty.  They're random and not guaranteed.

So her getting to the top of the medical career might make it pop?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »
If nothing else will make it pop, that usually does.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »
Thanks Trip and Rica

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »
If you have seasons Leisure day can be a pain for honor-roll-seeking children. Two nice ways of combatting this are:
1) Having an early heir max logic so that children can be tutored to A the day before they start school and reach honor roll a day earlier (can be done with logic at five or above but I like to play it safe)
2) Setting seasons before you begin so that they are at maximum length and Leisure day etc. occurs less frequently. I have just one 28-day summer which means I still get anniversary moodlets as often as with four seven-day seasons.

Something else that's handy to utilise is vampires' and genies' swift skilling. This is ace for professions and I got the career objects for my vampire heir in four hours or so this way, she joined the firefighter career and hopped on a treadmill, maxed athletic and reached level seven of the career quickly. For professions that rely on trophies or other awards for the objects you may have to pause between career levels to go to city hall and pick them up.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2013, 08:07:36 PM »
Until further notice, the use of a dresser to plan an outfit is only allowed between the time an heir ages up and midnight on his/her birthday.

This only effects heirs as they are the only ones with life extension restrictions.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2013, 02:39:44 PM »
Small update for all players that plan on getting University Life.

The challenge team formally asks that all players hold off on using any University life content in their dynasties.  If you are receiving the game and want to explore, please do so in a non dynasty file until some rulings have been made about what is allowed and not allowed.   Using content that later becomes banned or restricted may result in a failure/loss of HOF status. 

If you do come across something that should be addressed, don't hesitate to tell the team in a PM or on one of the dynasty threads so they can look into it.   Please don't hold back any information either in an effort to keep it allowable in dynasties.  Eventually we will know all information about the expansion pack but we don't want anyone to have to start over if they don't have to.  Expansion packs are crazy things for those of us who enforce the rules and this one will be no exception. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2013, 06:34:31 PM »
Does that include dumpster diving?

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »
Does that include dumpster diving?

Dumpster diving came with the patch not with the expansion so it's allowed. 

Roommates also came with the expansion but a ruling is about to be made about them so stay tuned in the actual threads.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2013, 02:06:21 PM »
Use of a dresser is now allowed on days other than birthdays.   However(!), it is recommended that you check a Sim's age and write it down before sending them to make sure that you don't get the real bug and not just the temporary one.  If you do get a real bug, you have to contact the team immediately - have it written down what the Sim's age was so we can help you figure out how to proceed.  Double check that it's the real thing by saving, exiting the game and then reloading it. 

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2013, 11:46:53 PM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned before but for those who are trying to do the mushroom skill challenge, you can go to the store, buy the mushrooms, plant them, then harvest them and it'll count towards finding mushrooms. True, you do need investment in the gardening skill but if you're like me and can never find the darned things or are too impatient to do so, hopefully this will help you out.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2013, 11:49:30 PM »
Isn't the mushroom challenge kind of bugged, in that it registers for the entire household?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
It was reported that way, but my own file doesn't support that. I think it's Athena who has the challenge done, and no one else has it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2013, 12:45:00 AM »
I have it done in both of my dynasties for three generations so it does happen but it's like the dresser thing where it's only happening to certain people.  That's why the mushroom isn't allowed to count or am I thinking of the wrong challenge?  Man now I'm going to have to find the rules.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2013, 01:00:12 AM »
No, you're thinking of the right one. The mushroom skill challenge was banned initially because of it.

Also, just because the random glitch isn't enough, Athena was going to use it until the ban came out, so I picked up something else. Which was fine, as Thoth picked it up. Then, if memory serves, it went away and is now unmarked.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »
My tips:

- 'Marry X' is one of the best 5,000 wishes to use, because it counts as a unique wish every time. You can often get it to roll if your Sims are engaged and do a lot of romantic actions.
- Vampires make easy heirs: if they are an option for you, have a vampire heir!
- Fertility treatment is handy because if you have two or three kids in one go, chances are that one will be an heir and/or you might get multiple potential heirs so you can choose your heir based on their traits.

I'll post more as I think of them!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock