Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 61523 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 02:08:58 AM »
Ah, and I'm here to point out an error on your part that may not make you happy  :(, but will hopefully help you with future attempts.

You didn't fail your first attempt. In cases of multiple birth (twins/triplets), you may choose your heir. It's the one who's a different life state in the first birth - it's NOT the first born.

So you choosing your 2nd born as heir was perfectly legal.

In fact, with those three, you had your choice of who to be heir - either human or the genie ghost.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »
Can I ask for some advice for my new Life State Dynasty?
My witch founder has rolled traits that do not point to any career as far as I can see, so I really don't know which career would be best.
She rolled: supernatural fan, good sense of humor, evil, slob and nurturing. Is there any career with career rewards which would benefit from these traits?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »
Can I ask for some advice for my new Life State Dynasty?
My witch founder has rolled traits that do not point to any career as far as I can see, so I really don't know which career would be best.
She rolled: supernatural fan, good sense of humor, evil, slob and nurturing. Is there any career with career rewards which would benefit from these traits?
Evil sims usually want to become Emperor of Evil which makes sense and also gives atlethic and logic skill certificate. Add in the skill challenges and you get the ones you need as well.
At least that would be what I would do.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2012, 05:58:57 PM »
Evil sims usually want to become Emperor of Evil which makes sense and also gives atlethic and logic skill certificate. Add in the skill challenges and you get the ones you need as well.
At least that would be what I would do.

Thanks for your quick reply!
The criminal career did cross my mind, but I was thinking to save the logic skill for another career actually...
She actually rolled the wish to be a writer, but I don't want to use the skill challenges of the Charisma trait, because I want to keep that trait open for everyone.
Is it very hard to succeed as a Film Director?

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2012, 06:08:35 PM »
Thanks for your quick reply!
The criminal career did cross my mind, but I was thinking to save the logic skill for another career actually...
She actually rolled the wish to be a writer, but I don't want to use the skill challenges of the Charisma trait, because I want to keep that trait open for everyone.
Is it very hard to succeed as a Film Director?
The difficult part of being a director is the celebrity they are going to need to advance since getting that can be difficult. Charisma I'd avoid getting any points in since then you'll get 25 acquaintances, the friends and best friends relatively easy.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2012, 06:19:33 PM »
The difficult part of being a director is the celebrity they are going to need to advance since getting that can be difficult. Charisma I'd avoid getting any points in since then you'll get 25 acquaintances, the friends and best friends relatively easy.

Ok, so Director is quite hard if you're not a Natural born star or something... Thanks for your advice, I won't do that then.
What do you mean by avoiding Charisma points? Do you say not to get any skill points in that? That's nearly impossible. I'd say not to use the skill challenges for unique ones, since the chance of them staying unique is fairly small.

Maybe I'll go for Journalism, use the writing skill challenges and do alchemy on the side for the other skill challenges. You know, her being a witch and all.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2012, 06:25:37 PM »
Plus supernatural Fan helps with Alchemy. But getting Celebrity stars really isn't that hard, neither is avoiding Charisma. Just don't learn Charisma and you won't have to worry about gaining skill points in it. And If you do alchemy you can throw friend potions at Celebrities to get celebrity points. Easy as pie. I recommend throwing Jar of Friendship and then Potent Jar of Friendship since I'm pretty sure you'll get two celebrity boosts that way, as well as two elixirs towards your SuperMaxing alchemy.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »
Nurturing helps with the baby-sitting career from Generations and I believe the teaching career, but I have no clue what skills or career rewards you would need/get.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2012, 06:33:17 PM »
Baby-sitting and teaching give no career rewards as far as I know.

Plus supernatural Fan helps with Alchemy. But getting Celebrity stars really isn't that hard, neither is avoiding Charisma. Just don't learn Charisma and you won't have to worry about gaining skill points in it. And If you do alchemy you can throw friend potions at Celebrities to get celebrity points. Easy as pie. I recommend throwing Jar of Friendship and then Potent Jar of Friendship since I'm pretty sure you'll get two celebrity boosts that way, as well as two elixirs towards your SuperMaxing alchemy.

Ok, thanks! I never thought of elixers helping with making Celebrity friends. That makes Film Director a good option again :)

Now I just need to know why to avoid any skill points in charisma and I'll be on my way ;)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2012, 06:48:34 PM »
Baby-sitting and teaching give no career rewards as far as I know.

Ok, thanks! I never thought of elixers helping with making Celebrity friends. That makes Film Director a good option again :)

Now I just need to know why to avoid any skill points in charisma and I'll be on my way ;)

Because once you gain a single point of charisma, you gain charisma any time you talk to someone and it's easy enough to have a lot of friends especially if you need to up star levels. And many friends/ acquaintances completes charisma skill challenges. Therefore, Charisma is rather easy to max and supermax.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2012, 07:00:54 PM »
Because once you gain a single point of charisma, you gain charisma any time you talk to someone and it's easy enough to have a lot of friends especially if you need to up star levels. And many friends/ acquaintances completes charisma skill challenges. Therefore, Charisma is rather easy to max and supermax.

Ok, thanks. Then I'll try to keep charisma for someone else.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »
If you go the criminal route since your Founder is evil, you can go up the Thief branch. You will need to max athletics, but it leaves logic free for a different career path.
Jaymi

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2012, 03:10:54 PM »
If you go the criminal route since your Founder is evil, you can go up the Thief branch. You will need to max athletics, but it leaves logic free for a different career path.

Ok thanks, that's good to know!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
For those that don't know if you let your mum have a home birth she will be at friend status when the baby is born. It has been awhile since I had a hospital birth but I seem to recall that didn't give the relationship boost. Some toddler training and a stroll in the stroller with mum and or dad can boost the relationship further.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything