Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 61560 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »
There wasn't an official ruling that I know of (the Team is probably more swamped with the new Dragon Valley content), but I'd recommend choosing their life state before rolling traits, just to be safe. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »
You can roll traits, choose a life state but the life time wish has to be the absolute last thing chosen. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »
Decisions regarding Patch 1.55 Features:

The main features we are going over is in regards to: Moving Towns, Private Lot Purchases and New abilities to place Lots.

In regards to placing lots:    Yes it's cool we can now place lots over water.  However,  Players have never been able to place an empty lot just to place one and still cannot.   This part of Edit Town is never going to change.   If you place a lot, it needs to have a purpose and a venue put on top of it.  Otherwise, don't place the empty lot.

In regards to moving towns:   Life States Dynasties are not allowed to move unless absolutely necessary, can't complete the challenge without it, permission is mandatory beforehand kind of way.  Things to note about the new feature to move towns.  It will be the preferred way to move towns when the need arises.  If your file ever gets so bad you have to move because we can't find another way to fix the issue, then we will work with you get to the new town in tact.

In regards to purchasing private lots/additional homes:   There is absolutely no reason why a family cannot buy a private lot.   There are many advantages to having another lot and if someone can think of a reason it should be banned - don't hesitate to tell us.   At this time, dynasty families are allowed to purchase extra homes.   However, dynasty families still cannot move from their original location.  The active lot must always be the one you purchased as soon as you started the game.   Another stipulation is that private lots purchased cannot be an empty lot that was placed by a player.   Sure you can by that empty 20 x 30 next to the Bunches but that new one you put down on the beach.  Forget about it.  Not an option.  This is too close to making your own lots which is against the rules.

In short - No you can't move towns without permission.  No you can't go place a new empty lot over water to buy.  Yes you can have new home lots but no you can't move and no they can't be lots you placed. 

Things to note about private lots:  grills do not work, increases file size.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »
Rica, I wanted to ask a question about a hint I was going to put up to see if I wasn't violating anything. Is it all right to use a ghost founder? The reason is I have a scuba drowned ghost for my unofficial Life States attempt and noticed something odd - her age bar said "Days Until Aging Up: NEVER." So basically she never ages. I know that ghost babies do age and grow old and bound ghosts grow old and die(as hazelnuts Dynasty about the Ghosts of Twinbrook showed) but my founder has her age frozen. Is this illegal because I know that you are banned from extending the founder and heirs' life before you complete their seven requirements, and it would be the same for Age Freeze Elixir(I do not have Generations) but would this count or be a violation? If it counts, then it would be a wonderful tip as it save a lot of elixirs or an Age Freeze.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
That is definitely a bug on your end. My ghost founder aged like a normal sim until I gave him an age freeze elixir after his requirements were done, as did all my ghost heirs.

EDIT: Since your dynasty is unofficial, I should ask, are you using mods? At the very least, Awesomemod and Twallan's Story Progression both have the ability to disable the aging of playable ghosts, and I'm 99% sure that it's the default option for the latter one.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2013, 10:31:45 AM »
Greetings all!

I've been reading through the rules and this thread and I noticed a lot of people having difficulties with wish triggering, particularly the "reach level 10 of X skill/career."

Something I've noticed is that those wishes act a lot like a chain of opportunities (at least whenever I play). It starts with "reach level 5 of X skill/career." I've found that if you promise and grant that wish, then "reach level 6/7/8 of X skill/career" triggers almost immediately. Promise and grant that one. Sometimes "reach level 10" will trigger immediately. Sometimes it won't.

If it doesn't, continue working on the skill/career. Don't wait for the wish to appear before working on the skill. Sometimes it will appear about halfway up level 9 or right before you max the skill.

Also, try to grant as many of the skill/career related wishes as possible to ensure that they will continue to appear. I'm not sure if this is the case for these wishes, but I think certain wishes stop coming up if they're never accomplished. Again I'm not sure if that's the case for career/skill wishes, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2013, 05:32:07 PM »
Hi everybody! Well, my ghosts age up as a human... in fact I was wondering if the grave yard was something like a household and if they had children ghosts.

I wanted to make a ghost-life states dynasty, and I was wondering how the "bind ghost" of the philosopher's stone worked... I guess the heir should meet the ghost first in order to know which one to bind.
ĄPura vida!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2013, 01:00:10 AM »
As I just recently got Supernatural (and thus decided to try a Life States Dynasty,) I've never played with any of the supernatural types before.  (Well, aside from the Late Night version of vamps.  I never went through the trouble to get a genie the Showtime way, either.) 

The best tip I can give so far, based on my experience of one generation finished and second gen born (story to come) is:  If you feel unlucky or inexperienced with dynasties or simply want a leg up, use a genie founder.  The benefits are many:

- long life (not as long as a fairy or vamp, but good)
- immune to fire (Supposedly...  I don't know if that's only bottle genies or if CAS genies get this, too.)
- can summon Perfect quality food in group servings instantly...ANY food other than Ambrosia...no need for a stove or cooking skill when money's tight (and no accidentally maxing a cooking skill challenge and ruining it for a chef heir,) and all Sims in the household forevermore can always have their favorite foods on hand, even if you haven't managed to roll a Natural Cook yet.  (This even works on community lots!  No getting starved away from home.  Summon food at a hangout, the library, the gym, a distant park...and make acquaintances with other Sims who come to eat with you.)
- can instantly clean self, other Sims, and the entire house - SUCH a time saver, and you don't need a shower/tub... (This is AWESOME when the nooboos come, especially with multiples.  The genie can be on the other side of the house or yard and instantly clap their hands and fix a baby or toddler's hygiene instead of going to change their diaper.)
- can Banish zombies and paparazzi (and anyone else you like) instantly... Ah, blessed quiet!

I'm loving my genie matriarch.  Genies don't have as many spells or tricks or auras as most of the other life states, but what they get is very powerful.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2013, 03:11:05 AM »
It's true that genies are amazingly useful, and those are all good reasons. You've given me a good idea and now I'm going to write about why I chose a fairy founder.

- First, I decided I would do all my generations from longest age to shortest. I figured as I got better and had more people in the house to help, it would get easier to accomplish the goals in a shorter amount of time. Fairies have the longest life span, so I started with a fairy.

- All fairies have the built-in Green thumb trait, so I knew I could do gardening with her. I knew that she would pop the fairy LTW Greener Gardens, and I have a lot of experience gardening so it would be easy.

- Fairies are so cheap to start out with. All they need is a bathroom and a fairy house. The fairy house provides almost all needs, and can give them all kinds of good moodlets. Bonus: Fairies never have to cook or buy food because they can just Drink Pollen Punch.

However, fairies have their downsides as well.

- I felt so comfortable with all this time on my hands that I spent something like 15 weeks completing the tasks, which made the game take longer and I think contributed to lag and glitches in later generations.

Actually, that's the only downside I can think of. What are the benefits of other life states as founders?

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2013, 06:56:24 AM »
Ghosts are automatically immune to heat, which was great for me since I chose permanent summer and outdoor living (and I couldn't afford walls at first). Any other benefits? Not really. :P You're basically starting with a slow human who disgusts everyone. They also have to be managed throughout the dynasty since you can't throw a ghost into a retirement pod when they've outlived their usefulness.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »
I also started with a fairy for the same reason that Rosa did - cheap housing.

Now, if you have both UL and IP, you can do the same for a non-fairy founder. UL introduces the mini-fridge (good stopgap until you can get a real fridge); IP introduces the a tent (like the basic one found in WA). Both of those together come to about the same as the fairy bungalow. If you want to spend a bit more, you can get a real fridge with the tent, and it comes about the same as the fairy castle.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »
It should be pointed out that the fairy house is still better than a tent and a mini fridge for moodlet reasons. Drinking Pollen Punch gives a positive moodlet, as does throwing a Great Fairy House Party. And you can use the Fairy House as a dresser as well.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »
But...but...stop being logical! /pout

;D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2013, 03:01:15 PM »
(hastens to say) But those are still good ideas for a non-fairy Founder.

By samoht04

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
I prefer to start with either fairies, the why was explained a couple of posts up, or werewolves. Werewolves can go hunting for items, thus fulfilling the collecting skills, and do so without spending extra on food and such for animals. If they roll the gatherer trait, holy guacamole, the money they can get from consigning smelted metals is astounding. I had to store a bunch of my plutonium bars away so that I could trigger the be worth x-amount wishes later. Werewolves can also eat raw fish so...yeah, I like that. I did start with a vamp once and they're good for quick skilling but they desperately need shelter while the others can handle outdoor living (and thus maybe better beds or some other treat). At least vamps will never need a stove.