Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 62283 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2012, 04:23:40 PM »
It might help to have a moodlet manager before you have a werewolf heir. Scrambling to get one for Cricket to remove her stuck feral change moodlet before her birthday was rather maddening. I'm so glad that she's done with her requirements so I don't have another "OMG it's her birthday and she's a werewolf!" panic-attack again.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »
If you get the Philospher's Stone you can bind ghosts to join your household. You would just need to make sure the ghost is the right gender before binding.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2012, 06:08:27 PM »
Since I had checked previously, and ghost potions from the chemistry set are ok for use, you can have your current heir and their spouse use the ghost potions to get a ghost baby (and avoid the annoyance of multiple ghosts in the household)!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »
Before a sim completes their LTW have them use a Wish Enhancing Serum. My founder got over 90,000 points from his LTW since he also had a few wishes.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2012, 12:40:59 AM »
Before a sim completes their LTW have them use a Wish Enhancing Serum. My founder got over 90,000 points from his LTW since he also had a few wishes.

Be careful using that one though since:

Is there a restriction against using the Ambitious trait or Wishing Enhancing Serum to get our unique wishes?
 -- Since all traits have to be random, there are no restrictions on what you can have.    As for the Wish Enhancing Serum, you cannot use it's boost to claim wishes that would normally be under 5000 LTHP.

As long as you don't count any of the boosted wishes toward the 5 unique regular wishes you should be ok.
Jaymi

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »
Which life state should I start with? I'm thinking of werewolf but would something else be better?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2012, 11:07:44 AM »
Witch or Human.  That way a human child won't ever be the heir further down the line or a witch because they are one of the few that you can't get turned into.  Whereas if you find a human lover later, they can be bitten to become a werewolf or vampire.  They can tour the arboretum and possibly become a fairy.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2012, 11:08:46 AM »
Perhaps a life state that has a longer life span so as to give you time to get everything done.
I personally chose a human for my first life state so that all the heirs could be occult.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2012, 11:37:52 AM »
Ok, I suppose I'll go with a human. Thing is, I was playing the dynasty with a werewolf and things were going really well but I forgot to save and the game crashed. So now I either start from scratch or start from the point where he isn't even married. I guess I'll just start over with a human.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2012, 01:16:38 PM »
I started with a fairy for the reasons Rachel mentioned, but since she had so much time I went slow and my game is too big to play now at only the second generation. Keep that in mind.

By samoht04

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2012, 02:58:38 AM »
I have little experience with kids, and I hear Moonlight Falls has a problem with school/afterschool activities and opportunities on top of the general issue with combined rabbitholes. So I'm curious, what do people do about the childhood opportunity requirement, especially in Moonlight Falls? I like that amusing "help old ladies across an obstacle course" opportunity from scouting, but I guess that is one of the bugged ones. :( And the rock/bug collections basically never pop up for me, even with significantly longer lifespans.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2012, 03:57:40 AM »
I have little experience with kids, and I hear Moonlight Falls has a problem with school/afterschool activities and opportunities on top of the general issue with combined rabbitholes. So I'm curious, what do people do about the childhood opportunity requirement, especially in Moonlight Falls? I like that amusing "help old ladies across an obstacle course" opportunity from scouting, but I guess that is one of the bugged ones. :( And the rock/bug collections basically never pop up for me, even with significantly longer lifespans.
My child generation had to use the Eating Contest opportunity as they couldn't attend their ballet recital.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2012, 04:38:13 AM »
If you get Snow Days, try and send your child to school before 8am anyway. I nearly had a Snow Day destroy my Dynasty (it hit the same day the heir was due to get onto the Honor Roll); at 730am, I just manually told the children to go to school, so they hopped on their bikes and went.

The whole day was spent with "Snow Day!" instead of "Learning!" but at 3pm, I had Honor Roll.

So don't give up just because of that!

Edit: And this Snow Day hit on a Friday, with the children due to age up on Saturday.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2012, 02:16:31 PM »
So Snow Day won't keep them being able to go to school? I expected it to be a "School is not in Session" situation.

I don't know why, I usually get those opportunities and that's what I used, a scavenger hunt opportunity.

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2012, 02:24:56 PM »
Shirin, what an excellent tip! I plan on quoting you over in the Townie Decadynasty hints and tips thread. Good to know there's still hope for children to make the honor roll in the winter. (I wonder if that would work for Leisure Day, etc., too.)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.