Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 62098 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
It did work for me the second Snow Day that week (the first one on Tuesday did give me a School Not In Session message); I don't know if it's because of the time I did it. I then sat glued to the school until 9am hit, to make sure they didn't get booted out for a Not In Session day. Nope, kept going, and I am now going to be more careful about winter pregnancies.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »
Inventors working on the Diabolical Detonator Challenge - buy the cheap dishwashers, chain them together as close as possible, kaboom!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2012, 11:44:45 AM »
Why the dishwashers?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 02:01:37 PM »
Probably obvious but try and take potential spouses traits in to consideration. I purposely chose Sophie Rodgers for a spouse because she had the technophobe trait.This really helped with generation two's handiness challanges. For instance dislikes children is probably going to be a problem when it comes to making them friends with the heir at the toddler stage.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
On the other hand, I've played with a lot of sims who dislike children, and they have no issues becoming friends with their kids and caring for them. Though this was in an immortal dynasty attempt, I had a household of five adults and two toddlers, and it was child-disliking Sofia who ended up autonomously caring for them the most. Her husband was only friends with their daughter while she was best friends with her.

Be careful when you have sims playing for tips or performing for tips as a part of Showtime profession. In my immortal dynasty, Willow ended up getting tons of best friends merely by performing for tips. Cricket came dangerously close to failing the dynasty by befriending Cadmium's unique best friend, Chauncey Grimm with her piano-playing (thankfully, I was able to let their friendship naturally decay, but he still calls her for dates. NO.). I ended up using an elderly fairy for Cricket's best friend requirement because he died a few days after everything was done and wouldn't jeopardize the dynasty if I had another performing sim.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2012, 02:54:20 PM »
Why the dishwashers?

I wanted to do counters since they are physically in contact with one another, making one long space; counters are not detonate-worthy, though. Dishwashers, however, can be placed side by side in physical contact, don't require counters to make them stand, and are cheaper than the trash compactors.

With chairs, even though they occupy the adjacent space, I typically had to blow them up individually because of the space between each one. When I switched to dishwashers as an experiment, I placed 8 of them side by side, then another 8 in front (2 rows of them). Threw one stick of dynamite or whatever it is at them, and 13 of them blew up.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
I see. Nice. I will definitely keep that in mind. Because then you only have to pay for one stick of dynamite, right?

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »
Yes, precisely. Plus, it's also quicker than the chair method (at least, it was for me)!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2013, 04:13:59 AM »
What skill would you recommend for a fairy to take up once she has conpleted the gardening challenges and opportunities? She has great kisser, schmoozer, absent minded, slob and excitable as her traits. I would like the skill to have 3-4 challenges (logic is out of the question). Any help would be much appreciated!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »
I'd personally go for nectar-making or cooking, due to their three challenges and relation to gardening. Those are my planned secondary supermaxes for my fairy.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2013, 11:29:41 AM »
I would go for nectar making.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »
My only tip is to remember the skills which gain no items and use them as supplementary skill challenges. You don't necessarily have to master the skill to complete some of the challenges (just cook fifty autumn salads, for example) which leaves the mastery of the skill to another heir.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2013, 12:02:12 PM »
I agree with nectar making, because not only does it go with gardening but you won't have someone come along later with the perfect trait wanting to learn it, like say a Natural Cook. However do keep in mind what dontmindme said, and plan out your skill items.

By samoht04

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »
My only other tip is to get a werewolf into the household ASAP if your founder isn't one. Those guys are walking banks after a few hunts (I seriously have to put away some of the metals my werewolf finds to keep our value low enough for an heir to pop the have X money wish)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2013, 05:49:49 AM »
Honestly you don't really need a werewolf unless you want one - a dog can hunt for gems and metals as well.