Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 141221 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2010, 09:10:47 PM »
I'm already wanting to start over! How do you all stick with it when you doubt your decisions?

Either start over or learn as you go and start using the tips when you learn them.

I don't see how you can make it all the way to ten, it gets so boring after awhile once you've bought everything. After two or three generations your sims don't even really have anything to do except stare at the huge tv on the wall and count the money when it comes in.

I'm lucky if I can get myself motivated past the first generation of legacy.  :D

It's really not boring at all.  Each generation is different.  There's so many different lifetime wishes and traits that it's still fun to play.  I revamped my house two or three times over the generations.  Each generation had a theme for names, which was fun.  They were all buried in a cemetary I made across the street.  My legacy family made it to 13 generations.  I've lost the file in a reinstall now, but it could have kept going.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2010, 10:31:43 PM »
I'm a little concerned about the first son, and please don't misunderstand me. When he aged up from toddler to child he spun around and rematerialized wearing fairy clothes. His first wish and persistent thought was for a dollhouse. He may pose a problem to continuation of the bloodline. And I thought Christopher Steel was hard to get...

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2010, 10:50:52 PM »
Oh, he'll be fine.  The clothes are just random and all children want the dollhouse.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2010, 11:28:31 PM »
It's really not boring at all.  Each generation is different.  There's so many different lifetime wishes and traits that it's still fun to play.  I revamped my house two or three times over the generations.  Each generation had a theme for names, which was fun. 

I agree, Pam. I usually have a hard time sticking to families as well (like the happiness challenge family, they're driving me nuts...lol). But I've been having fun with my legacy. I'm doing an all-girls heirs..each generation has 2 children (unless, of course, the first two are boys...this hasn't happened yet and hope it doesn't! lol) My family trait is eco-friendly...just because I thought it would be funny to have a whole family of sims who like to ride bikes and put clothes on clotheslines! Their last name is Green (hehe) and all their first names start with G. :)

And I also must say that this....

I'm a little concerned about the first son, and please don't misunderstand me. When he aged up from toddler to child he spun around and rematerialized wearing fairy clothes. His first wish and persistent thought was for a dollhouse. He may pose a problem to continuation of the bloodline. And I thought Christopher Steel was hard to get...

is hilarious. lol
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2010, 11:33:54 PM »
This legacy never really got started. I just have no luck at all with legacies. My single mother and Emma Hatch were outside conversing when a meteor fell on them. At least Grim got to snuggle the baby before a social worker carried it off.  :o

How do you all handle the sprinkler annoyance with your gardeners btw?  :D

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2010, 11:52:20 PM »
I stopped making my gardeners Love the Outdoors, especially when there are simbots in the family. Yep, that legacy was never supposed to be. :)
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2010, 12:12:41 AM »
How do you all handle the sprinkler annoyance with your gardeners btw?  :D

To me, it's no worse than any other annoyance from free will.  I just cancel the action when I'm ready for that Sim to do something.  And it does help if they don't have the Loves the Outdoors trait.  But traits are random in a legacy, so you really can't control it.

I'm doing an all-girls heirs..each generation has 2 children (unless, of course, the first two are boys...this hasn't happened yet and hope it doesn't! lol)

You can increase your chances of having girls by having the pregnant Sim eat at least 5 watermelons during the pregnancy.  It almost guarantees a girl.  Eat apples to get a boy.  Some say you only need to eat 3, but I like to increase it just to be sure.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2010, 01:24:48 AM »
You can increase your chances of having girls by having the pregnant Sim eat at least 5 watermelons during the pregnancy.  It almost guarantees a girl.  Eat apples to get a boy.  Some say you only need to eat 3, but I like to increase it just to be sure.

Yeahh, I know. I just want my legacy to be more spontaneous hehe :)
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2010, 12:24:22 AM »
Any idea if a photo or sculpture works in lieu of painting a picture of the founder?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2010, 12:29:43 AM »
Any idea if a photo or sculpture works in lieu of painting a picture of the founder?

Unfortunately, Pinstar hasn't updated the rules to include World Adventures and Ambitions.  Based on the existing set of rules, only a painting qualifies. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2010, 01:51:53 AM »
Could you imagine sculptures of all the family members?  That'd be so cool!

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2010, 02:00:13 AM »
Doing slide shows is pretty cool too. I loaded a bunch of photos of my legacy sim into one of those digital frames...looks better than those overly dark paintings.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2010, 02:15:23 AM »
Sounds great! I may have to make a "judgment call" in favor of photos instead of paintings. Now that I have a gen. 2 painter level 5. :P

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2010, 03:29:12 AM »
Hello
I'm new to posting here, but I've been lurking for a week or 2.  Not sure this is the right spot but I have a problem with my legacy heir.

I have a family of 2 parents and 5 kids, 4 of them teenagers (mom has lifetime wife of surrounded by family).  My oldest teen, the heir, had an opportunity to get a fish and take it to the science lab.  So I sent him fishing, he caught one and I clicked the button to send him to the lab.  While he was gone, Mom aged up to elder.  I was sending everyone to bed, when suddenly the mom stood still and had a "Wait" icon.  Everyone else fell asleep.  I heard strange music, then poof, my heir disappeared!  He is still showing in the family tree, no one has moodlet of him dying or anything bad.   Any clue what happened?

Hope someone can help, I really liked that sim and I had been molding him into an awesome heir.
 :'(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2010, 04:46:59 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Justright!

I suggest you try to recover your previous save.  Your heir may still be in the game and you can try to continue, hopefully without this bug.  Click here for instructions on how to recover a previous save.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything