Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 141286 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2010, 10:52:44 PM »
I'm having trouble with the viewfinder. It starts out above the roof so I can't use it indoors.

You can use the camera controls to get it indoors.  You might also need to use the level down button.  Maybe try focusing and zooming in on a Sim inside the house, then maneuver the camera over to the easel.  

My point is that there are more than 5 LTWs for a given set of traits. Try this: go into CAS and view the new character's personality. Note the LTWs offered. Now exit the personality screen without choosing one. Open up the same personality screen and you will likely see 1-3 different LTWs offered compared to the first time.

Yes, it's true that many times you'll have more than 5 available LTWs based on the traits of your Sim, but that's only in CAS where you're customizing a Sim down to the last detail.  It's a different story in-game, especially with a legacy.  You have to take the traits that are assigned and you have to choose from that one batch of 5 LTWs.  Sometimes you'll get a wish for a particular LTW during childhood or the teenage years, which is triggered from traits or events.  For example, if there's a burglary, sometimes a teenager will get a wish to go into the criminal career even if the traits don't lead that direction.  If you reach the young adult birthday without a LTW, you have choose from 5 at that point.  The thing to remember is that legacy Sims aren't your custom creations and you have to make do with what you're given.

When people do legacy stories or blogs, etc, do they post daily?

Stories and blogs are strictly voluntary.  And you can do them at your own pace.  At the most, I've seen them updated every few days, but it's usually longer than that.  So, don't fret about that part of it.  Just do it when and if you feel like it.

I wish we had a way to know the age of potential mates!

If you look very closely, young adults have a smoother face than adults.  It also became easier to notice when Ambitions was released.  I think EA made some changes to the adult faces to make them look older.  But if this doesn't work for you, there's another little trick to finding out their age.  If they are on your Sim's relationship panel, throw a party and when you get to the part where you select the guests, you'll be able to see their age when you hover over their names.  :D

Maybe in the future I'll just leave the Family Trait until last, so I will know the first four traits when early LTWs pop up as wishes.

According to Pinstar's rules, you're supposed to take the Family Trait as soon as it appears.  For example, Family Oriented first appears as an option when your Sim ages up to child, so that's when you need to take it.  It's not a huge deal if you take it later, but if you want to be strict with the rules, that's how it works.

Whew!  I hope I got everyone's questions!  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2010, 11:10:10 PM »
Thanks for the help. But...

You can use the camera controls to get it indoors.  You might also need to use the level down button.  Maybe try focusing and zooming in on a Sim inside the house, then maneuver the camera over to the easel.

...the reason I'm having trouble with that is that the level down button isn't there when focusing the camera, even when it's down beforehand. I literally have to take the chair, the tv, the easel, and both sims outdoors, and only during daylight!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2010, 02:36:42 AM »
Wow...Go Pam!
I didn't know that in-game happenings like burglars triggered lifetime wants, awesome!
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2010, 02:47:04 AM »
Wow...Go Pam!
I didn't know that in-game happenings like burglars triggered lifetime wants, awesome!

It actually happens fairly often if you pay close attention.  They see something and it's like they think to themselves, "Wow!  That's what I want to do!"  I also see a lot of children get the wish for the Illustrious Author LTW soon after aging up.  I think that's because painting and writing are things they can do as children, so they think that's what they want to do.  I usually cancel that one and wait for them to get older and see what else captures their interest.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2010, 04:24:10 AM »
Just typical children you want to get the Illustrious Author don't get the LTW!  :D (Jerry Character got to level 6 in Writing through Childhood and still never rolled it!)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

NalaOwl22

« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2010, 08:11:53 AM »
I could do with some clarification regarding the Life Time Happiness Points score. When I have a sim who lives in the Legacy House until they die, it’s pretty straight-forward. Just keep an eye on the LTH and note down whenever it hits 100k, 200k etc. But what about sims who move out? I moved out one of my spares once she had finished her LTW and had over 100K LTH points. Do I get a Legacy point for her LTH too?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2010, 08:40:01 AM »
Any Blood relations or Spouses earn points while they are in the household of the Legacy Family. So they count from when they marry in or are born in till they die or are moved out.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »
Is there a way to find out a sim's lifetime statistics if they die unexpectedly, or do you have to monitor them periodically?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2010, 03:59:31 PM »
Monitor - Also if they got over a certain amount they get that tall Grave Stone.  :)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2010, 04:54:35 PM »
It occurred to me that logistically it might be easier to track the sims in a busy legacy home if there were another house on the same lot for the elders, or spares, or something like that. Would that other house also contribute to the value of the legacy lot/house?

Another question: which LTR's are conveyed to future generations? Fireproof Homestead? No Bills Ever? Collection Helper is, I've read.

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »
It occurred to me that logistically it might be easier to track the sims in a busy legacy home if there were another house on the same lot for the elders, or spares, or something like that. Would that other house also contribute to the value of the legacy lot/house?

As long as its on the same lot it counts. But keep in mind, just because you build another house, you're still playing all the sims.

I'm not sure about the LTRs....the only one i knew of was the collection helper.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2010, 07:10:25 PM »
As long as its on the same lot it counts. But keep in mind, just because you build another house, you're still playing all the sims.

I was thinking of it mainly as a way of organizing a one-story legacy home.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2010, 05:52:12 AM »
The No Bills Ever is attached to the Sim who bought it.  If he/she dies or moves out, you have to buy it again.  I'm not sure about the Fireproof Homestead.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2010, 02:45:05 PM »
Thanks, Pam.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2010, 09:51:40 PM »
Sorry for the double-post. I need some advice please.

My probable heir met hunky Han Chang while he was visiting Sunset Valley. When she traveled to China, she met him and now they're engaged. She hasn't really found anyone else in SV to marry and he has fantastic traits. All I know is he's not elder, but I don't know his age. Should I have her return home right away, and invite him to SV so she can check out his age? Also, I'm guessing that marrying in SV would reduce the chance of foreign marriage bugs (and no, I don't mean bed bugs :P). Am I nuts to try this since it's a legacy?

Edit: Never mind. Despite numerous glitches, bugs, and doppelgängers, my sim did not lose the benefits of her vacation to China. However, once the animate version of her fiance arrived in SV the day after she returned, he was an elder -- too old for my sim who was just out of high school. I'm really glad she didn't marry him in China. I had her break up with him still on her doorstep fresh from China. I was unprepared for how sad that was, as it was my first sims breakup. I felt terrible! The good news is that she persisted in her long pursuit of Barrett London, and now they're newlyweds with a baby on the way! Oh, and at the ripe age of 83 my founder got her LTW as Astronaut!

anything