Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1075909 times)

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #900 on: April 07, 2011, 12:57:10 AM »
Ausette - Thank you!  I'm glad you like it.  It was hard getting good interior shots as the house is on the smaller side.  I hope these are okay.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #901 on: April 07, 2011, 03:44:09 AM »
danefaith, lynley, very well done on your houses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #902 on: April 07, 2011, 01:07:30 PM »
I just want to join the crowd and say that your nectary is splendid, Redlaw. :) I'd love to have that in my towns, but all my active ones are either a dynasty or a legacy.

Your houses are gorgeous too, Danefaith and Linley. :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Redlaw

« Reply #903 on: April 07, 2011, 01:26:47 PM »
Thanks TheChronicR I hope to be ready to post my next lot soon. The Vampire Lounge: Pharaohs Blood. Last few things I want to add are what description and I am still playing with the outside a bit. But I love the fact that I can now get a mummy (and fix it) with out having to travel any farther then to the local undead loving club.

I love it when I get good random ideas. Slowly ill be making all of the 9 different bars.

Edit: Fixed a small spelling error I spotted. Always good to comeback and read what you write every now and then.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #904 on: April 07, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »
Thanks TheChronicR I hope to be ready to post my next lot soon. The Vampire Lounge: Pharaohs Blood. Last few things I want to add are what description and I am still playing with the outside a bit. But I love the fact that I can now get a mummy (and fix it) with out having to traver any farther then to the local undead loving club.

I love it when I get good random ideas. Slowly ill be making all of the 9 different bars.

Wow, you sure got me interested. Great idea. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Shenice93

« Reply #905 on: April 07, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »
My latest WIP is almost complete. All that's left is the Master bedroom/penthouse and placing all the space maker thingies.

Did some landscaping. I tried to blend the landscape in with the landscape around.

Living room because I didn't know what else to put there.

Office

Second bedroom. I was inspired by my indoor garden for this room. I think it fits an Eco-friendly person.

The spare bathroom.

And then the outdoor entertainment place/thing.

I hope to have this place wrapped up later today and then I'll upload it to the swap shop and exchange.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #906 on: April 07, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
Lynley, I love your house! How did you get such clean lines attaching your garage to a house on a foundation? I'm curious, I thought the walls would always warp!
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
« Reply #907 on: April 07, 2011, 05:54:45 PM »
Lynley, I love your house! How did you get such clean lines attaching your garage to a house on a foundation? I'm curious, I thought the walls would always warp!

Thanks!  The walls are warped, but the vertical paneling seems to hide most of it pretty well.  I had to put the locker/toolbox near the stairs because the interior wall looked funny there, but otherwise, vertical siding does a nice job of camouflaging those warped areas.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #908 on: April 07, 2011, 07:50:02 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Lynley, the whole house feels so light and calming  :). DeNile, the wallpaper only warps vertically when you use cheats to raise the height, so if you get a wallpaper that's vertically consistent (like the panelling), it looks pretty much normal when you put it on the walls. Shenice, you're doing a beautiful job on your apartment building and I can't wait to see it finished  ;D.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #909 on: April 07, 2011, 08:15:59 PM »
I always come here when I see someone has posted, because it means there are more houses to look at.  I love all of these houses and anyone that has put them in the Swap Shop, I have probably downloaded.  I especially love that little bar that has a swimming pool.  I can't remember the name, but I believe danefaith built it, I hope I am not mistaken, but I still love it.  I have one town, that has so many houses from here and they all are great.  I don't even do much to them, except maybe add something here and there.  I truly respect all of the time and effort you members put in these houses and I can tell you enjoy building them.  I like to build, but I am not really good at it and I have one house in the exchange.  It was my octogon house that actually turned out pretty good.  Keep up the good work and as long as you guys keep building them, I will keep downloading them. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Shenice93

« Reply #910 on: April 07, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
And with a deep sigh of relief, my latest WIP is now completed!

The Master Bedroom is now complete and all markers placed.

Can be found in the swap shop here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,4307.0.html

Can be found in the exchange here:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3960191

Hope you enjoy! :D

Quiet_Delusions

« Reply #911 on: April 09, 2011, 12:29:34 AM »
I've spent a nice little chunk of my evening flipping through this post.  There are some really nice places here!  I'm no pro, but I though I'd share my current favorite Sim's house.  It's not much, but it makes me happy.

I don't think a fountain in a koi pond is all that healthy for the fish, but I liked the look.

Back view of the house, including the den overlooking the ocean.

Aerial view of the first floor.  Kitchen, dining room, sunken den, hallway, and living room.

And of the second floor.  Laundry room in the hallway, bathroom, and two bedrooms.

Livin' room.

Kitchen & dining room.

Sunken den/rec room.  My favorite.

Second floor laundry and bathroom.

I can't wait to explore the forum more and see what else I can see!   :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #912 on: April 09, 2011, 02:25:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum Quiet Delusions!
I like that house! Is it next to Agnes Crumplebottom's house?

SimCityBusDriver

« Reply #913 on: April 09, 2011, 02:44:19 AM »
QuietDelusions, can you upload that house to the Exchange/Swap Shop? I'm sure we'd all like it in our games!

SimCityBusDriver

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #914 on: April 09, 2011, 03:40:18 AM »
Where did those couches come from? Was it HELS?

anything