Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1075758 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #975 on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:47 AM »
The Red Rendezous looks great!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #976 on: April 26, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »
I've always been a fan of Twinbrook's quaint community buildings but have always been peeved by all the unoccupied space.  The only thing I've ever thought to do was extend the Red Rendezvous' bar amenities.  Turning it into an apartment above the bar is a brilliant idea.  Your color selections and use of space are exquisite, especially in regards to the living quarters itself.

Considering you're meaning to play as a detective in this case, and it would suit the mood, would the "investigator's case board" fit into your conference room?  Perhaps in a corner or something.  I'd also suggest maybe sneaking a computer into the conference room, if only to give the room an in game function.

It's one of those almost irrelevant details, but I would like to suggest you consider painting your ceilings.  It can really add to your flavor shots and for those simmers who like to get up close and personal when they play.  even in a starter home setting, remember: "short, medium length planks with pegs" are free.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #977 on: April 27, 2011, 05:57:03 AM »
Here is my first ever apartment build, the Itsy-Bitsy Apartments!

The usual curb shot. The apartments are built on a very little lot, making them perfect for a smaller neighborhood.

The reception/waiting room, and the laundry. The laundry is public, but I doubt very many people will use it.

There are actually four floors, but only this one is usable. It is right at the top. Although it looks small (And it is!), there are no routing issues. It has, as you can see, as pink colour scheme.

A view from the bed corner.

The lovely laundromat, in calming blue.

Please provide criticisms and/or comments, because they are much appreciated!
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #978 on: April 27, 2011, 06:33:35 AM »
I love the nice, cool, colors, they are easy on the eyes. The yard (both front and back) look bland, however.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #979 on: April 27, 2011, 06:54:09 AM »
N'aaw, it's adorable  :D! I agree though that you could improve the landscaping a little, and I'd personally recolour the rug in the foyer to something a bit sleeker. Aside from that, the colours are nice and bright, and I like how compact it is. Does it come at a starter price?

Speaking of apartments, The Red Rendezvous is up in the Swap Shop if anyone's interested. I even gave my detective a cameo.  :)

I wasn't able to add cigarette smoke or sad saxaphone music, but I'm happy.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #980 on: April 27, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »
Hey, everyone. I've recently renovated my Dynasty house. Unfortunately, I think it's still not that perfect. Here's the full chapter in my story topic.  Ignore the story part. Can you view it and post suggestions here? Please. Thanks. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #981 on: April 28, 2011, 03:04:43 AM »
Thanks, Audren and Ausette!
I'll go change the mat now, and see what I can do with the garden :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #982 on: April 28, 2011, 03:58:49 AM »
Chronic, it seems a little dark. I'm not the best builder in TS3, but I would suggest a feature wall in some of those rooms.

The Red Rendevous looks incredible!

And so does Itsy-Bitsy Apartments!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #983 on: April 28, 2011, 05:21:48 AM »
Yeah, the whole family loves the black color, but I also think I added too much. Hmm... What other opinions?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #984 on: April 28, 2011, 05:37:15 AM »
Oh wow, I love coming on this tread it always made me wow.

Aussette, first Maywood Glen, it is so beautiful, romantic and perfectly fitting in park. Wonderfull! And Hangout apartment! Again, wow. You hit the theme perfectly! I love it so much that I made Sim Me for the first time to try that PI profession you all talk about, but not in this theme. It is almost as a set up for an "old" movie serial!

Ruby, apartment is great, I thing Joria had similar idea, maybe even the name, uploaded in old Swap Shop, but it is always amazing when someone manage to fit in all neccessity in such a small place, and make it beautiful! As others recomended, some landscaping will make it complete.

Chronic, when you take picture in buy mode, you can change day/night, and turn of grid inside, if you can't wait for Sim morning to do it. With that said, that house is huge! I wonder how practical it is, and how you keep a track of your Sims in it? You can always add other colors with black, in patterns or have white furniture with black walls. Play with custimizing patterns (recoloring them), you'll be surprised what a little change can do. Outside pond with sculptures is looking great, maybe some decorative landscape (flowers, or shrubs, and rocks)?
EDIT: I just rechecked those photos, in kitchen, flower you placed in the middle isn't really fitting, maybe try LN pink flower? And in dinning room, orchids instead of large stone vases? Those vases might look better in corners, cause they look old and huge, while chairs and table is modern with clean lines? I love the living room, garage and gym :D

After a long time, I decided to play some casual Sim game (beside challenges, dynasty and building) and made Mini Me in Bridgeport. I bought that first empty lot accross the bridge and build her a small home, with all she needed for now. Eventually, as she earn more money she'll get a nice mantion. Still, I like how I made this bright practical little home, with only neccessary furniture (and one vase with flowers, I just love them and always have to have flowers, in RL and in Sims)  - that include landscaping:

Back is empty for now, and first extension will be upstairs, cause the view is wonderfull, probably all home will be lifted up, except for the reception room downstairs, and garage. But that will come with money. I keep going in build mode to recolor something or to move/add few little things, I think this might turn into never ending project, and since she is also adventurous photographer eye, decoration will be WA collected/selfmade :D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #985 on: April 28, 2011, 05:41:09 AM »
Thanks Anushka. :) I'll try to do my best to impove the house. Yeah, it's very large, but what to do, I love huge houses. ;D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #986 on: April 28, 2011, 05:50:03 AM »
Chronic, I edited my post instead of writing you new one. Anyway, I discovered new pattern in fabric section (it came with base game but it didn't look appealing cause it is dark grey) but on walls it look great! I recolor it of course, cause I like colors, but there are many beautifull patterns that will give your home a whole new dimension, and you can play with it a lot, and leave it if you like it no matter if anyone else agree with you :D

What do you think of my little starting home in rich area in BP?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #987 on: April 28, 2011, 06:24:42 AM »
Thanks so much for the suggestions. :D I don't have LN, so I miss many great items.
Your house is amazing! Just wish we could see pictures from the mobile version of the site. :-\ The second photo of the house is so amazing, Bridgeport background is very fitting. Though, maybe to put curtains too?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #988 on: April 28, 2011, 06:39:02 AM »
Yeah, that window look empty (as does most of this house), but it is a starter home, and lot is expencive, plus expencive bed, shower, stove and nice fridge..And I tried building it to furnish it soon into full little home (add a living area, some photos in hallway maybe whole side toward sity view in glass etc), plus I rarely buy objects I don't use, or I don't really like looking at. But outside had to be landscaped before I do anything else, just needed that warm natural feel in ugly BP. 
Thanks for suggestions :)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #989 on: April 28, 2011, 08:40:58 AM »
You're welcome. :)
Oh, I have another suggestion: what about adding a few bushes near the walls (outdoor)? Also, I love it that you placed the trash can far away from the main door. I don't think the inside is empty, though. Some nice lightning could fill it, as well as a stereo or a TV when she has enough money for it. Just I'm thinking about routing problems. Maybe before adding more stuff (well, about 10 items or more, IMO) you should expand the house?

anything