Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1074675 times)

Offline caliban

• Llama Wrangler
  • Creature Robot Cross-Breeder
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #420 on: November 11, 2010, 10:07:13 AM »
Wow, that house looks really cool. I'm trying to figure out in my head how it all fits together from the screenshots, but I'm just gonna have to download it, I think.

Very nice job! Fun and funky house!
Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #421 on: November 11, 2010, 10:53:37 AM »
Love that house, Ausette!  It's so modern and hip.  Love the way you did the wood flooring upstairs so that the planks go around the room.  Very creative!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #422 on: November 11, 2010, 08:21:42 PM »
The front of the house is so pleasing to look at and there is still lots of room to put things.  I am going to download it and add it to one of my games in Riverview.  I know just the Sim couple I am going to move into it too.  Thanks for sharing your creation with us Ausette!  ;D

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #423 on: November 12, 2010, 12:00:11 PM »
I like your house Ausette!  I am definitely downloading it! 

When you want to add more room or rooms, don't forget you can go underground and up on the roof!  Even the smallest lot can accommodate a house.  Hmmm, I feel a personal challenge about to strike.  Build a livable house on the 10x10 lot you can place from Edit town.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #424 on: November 12, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »
That's a good one, Ausette!  Late night brought so many great tools to build awesome modern homes, the fountains out front are way cool.  The color choice on pretty much every aspect of the house is spot-on and I like the use of placefriezes on to really seal the deal :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #425 on: November 12, 2010, 01:33:26 PM »
Haven't seen much from you lately TommyT! Any pics of some houses you can show us?  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #426 on: November 12, 2010, 06:13:21 PM »
I know I feel bad that I haven't been very active lately.  Different games, new work schedule, new lady friend, just got over a week long cold, ugh lol.  I'm hoping to submit a monster house for the building contest this month!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #427 on: November 12, 2010, 07:25:25 PM »
I'm hoping to submit a monster house for the building contest this month!

A house for monsters, or a big house?  :D Oh, and grats on the girl!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #428 on: November 12, 2010, 07:42:25 PM »
That's a good one, Ausette!  Late night brought so many great tools to build awesome modern homes, the fountains out front are way cool. 
Yeah, the house really came about because I wanted to play around with the new tools. I think I ended up using fountains, platforms and half walls. I can't wait until I play the game itself, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the professionals have done for the clubs and houses.

When you want to add more room or rooms, don't forget you can go underground and up on the roof!  Even the smallest lot can accommodate a house.  Hmmm, I feel a personal challenge about to strike.  Build a livable house on the 10x10 lot you can place from Edit town.
Way ahead of ya! They're fantastic for squeezing into awesome locations like on hills or next to workplaces. This is Tiny Towers, 10x10 lot, 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, all above ground.

It's in my studio, but I'm too embarrassed to link it because I just playtested it and one of the showers doesn't route properly.  :-\

A house for monsters, or a big house?  :D

Now that I'd like to see! :D

Offline Merrier

• Nooboo
« Reply #429 on: November 12, 2010, 10:09:27 PM »
The best laid plans are often spoiled by playtesting.  ;D Been there, done that! However, both of these houses are very, very creative. Awesome work, Ausette.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #430 on: November 13, 2010, 12:19:43 PM »
A house for monsters, or a big house?  :D Oh, and grats on the girl!

Hah!  We'll just have to wait - and thanks!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #431 on: November 14, 2010, 05:12:44 PM »
Squeeeee, thank you  ;D. I'm a sucker for a compliment.

Oh and Joria, I love what you're doing to Bridgeport! That's a huge remodelling job you've taken on there. I can't wait to see the city when you're done :).

Well, you are going to have a looooong wait.  lol  My game was going slow so stupid cleaned things up and.....yep, deleted BP and pretty much all the cool stuff I'd been doing everywhere~!  I was so ticked at myself when I went in to work on it and realized what I had done.  I really must NOT delete in the wee hours of the morning, I get into all kinds of trouble then with my brain on autopilot who failed flight school.

On a better note.  I built an up and down 10x10 lot.  Man!  You can really build an awesome house that way, including with a rooftop garden!  Hmmm, Aria are you reading?  Sounds like a build contest to me!  Wow.  That could be a fun one!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #432 on: November 16, 2010, 09:53:43 PM »
I just finished a huge project -- a community-style garden featuring every plant in the game (including the ones that came with WA and LN), all of perfect quality:

It took quite a bit of work, especially the archway in the front; and, of course, getting all the plants to perfect quality level.  XD

You can download it here:  http://sweethijinks.blogspot.com/2010/11/beautiful-vista-city-garden.html

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #433 on: November 16, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »
That's really beautiful! Be sure to post it in the Community Garden Thread so others can find it!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #434 on: November 16, 2010, 10:34:20 PM »
That's really beautiful! Be sure to post it in the Community Garden Thread so others can find it!

Just did!  Thanks, LlamaMama!  :D

Quick question to any mods out there: may I post a link to download this lot on my Sims 3 blog, since I have no CC there that I did not make myself, no mods, and no adult content?  I would just throw it up on the Exchange, but I personally believe that the Exchange does not encourage creativity but laziness and the stealing of other people's content, and so don't want to put anything I've made on it.