Author Topic: Mermaids Thread  (Read 135813 times)

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
Re: Mermaids Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
Joria, could having needs static be what is preventing the lack of drying out moodlets? If hydration never drops, the flaky moodlet will never come up, I think anyways.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »
That sounds right. Hydration is a need for mermaids, right? So just not being in water won't affect them if needs are static. Don't panic ;)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2013, 03:42:31 AM »
My mermaid just turned into an elder and you can see her tail.

Yes it does seem to be a glitch with the special outfit, If you change scale colour they get their tail back, I did that with Mia Azul (using master controller to change scale colour) you don't actually have to change it just go in and accept to come out again and it rebuilds the special outfit.

I started a new game with my self sim as a mermaid, for diving it's great but for needs it's a little more of a hassle, she has a stack of kelp on hand for food and lots of ways to get wet but even when she's spent a day diving I'm still getting moodlets that says she must swim in salt water, which she was all day near enough  ???

I put the house I built in my last game on Fire Island and I built a houseboat on the port there, Port Pyre, and put her in the house and Dallas in the houseboat, I like them to meet and fall in love again rather than putting them in already married, so after a couple of days they start dating and I have her invite him to the Bistro for dinner, he dashes off in a speedboat and she proceeds to swim across taking the longest route possible, I was cursing her for that thinking as they weren't grouped up it was all going to go wrong and he'd leave but he actually waited for her, amazing.

She now has her own speedboat as while the mermaid swimming is sort of fun it takes so long to get anywhere and it's bad enough getting about as it is, if I tell her to 'boat here' she will use it but I've not tried doing a 'go here with' yet I think I did see a 'boat here with' I guess that would work. I've also dotted Llamas all over the place and put one on Port Pyre which helps a lot.

Also for some reason the first time she went to see him at the houseboat she decided to swim there  :o

Then stood up on her tail to ring the doorbell

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2013, 06:33:48 AM »
I know of three ways to get kelp: grocery store, from a mermaid, or the LTR. Are there any other ways? Can it be planted?

By samoht04

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2013, 08:03:47 AM »
I've been harvesting it in dive spots you can find the plants amongst the grass, the harvestable kelp plant is in buydebug but I haven't tried to use it, it's normal kelp obviously not mermadic kelp.

I don't think you can plant it, it doesn't seem to be a plant that grows just a plant you can harvest. I might see about sticking some from buydebug in her garden or a planter, see what happens.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2013, 04:03:40 PM »
Yes it does seem to be a glitch with the special outfit, If you change scale colour they get their tail back, I did that with Mia Azul (using master controller to change scale colour) you don't actually have to change it just go in and accept to come out again and it rebuilds the special outfit.

Special outfit?  Use Master Controller to change scale color?  What is the "special outfit" and why didn't you just change her scales in CAS?  I changed Triton's there.

I started a new game with my self sim as a mermaid, for diving it's great but for needs it's a little more of a hassle, she has a stack of kelp on hand for food and lots of ways to get wet but even when she's spent a day diving I'm still getting moodlets that says she must swim in salt water, which she was all day near enough  ???

Mine was doing that as well even with needs static.  Now he doesn't for some reason.  It got pretty annoying having him spend almost all day in the ocean.

She now has her own speedboat as while the mermaid swimming is sort of fun it takes so long to get anywhere and it's bad enough getting about as it is, if I tell her to 'boat here' she will use it but I've not tried doing a 'go here with' yet I think I did see a 'boat here with' I guess that would work. I've also dotted Llamas all over the place and put one on Port Pyre which helps a lot.

"Go here" doesn't work.  She will still try to swim it.  Llama?  Those red Dr. Who transportation things?

Love the pics!  What a hoot seeing her swim up the walk to the boat.

I haven't found kelp in buydebug  so I don't imagine it can be planted.  I just always harvest a bit when my Sims dive.  The only one who needs it for food is Triton so he gets all of it to have in his inventory for when he has the munchies.  They will also eat raw fish so beware if you have an aquarium or fish bowl, they find it a convenient place for a snack!   ;D

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2013, 04:08:53 PM »
Oh shoot, they eat fish out of fish bowls? :o hahah have to watch out for that! Thanks for the warning. So you're telling me you can harvest it while diving somehow? IS that only in Isla Paradiso with its dive spots or in any ocean? I still am not sure if I'll be able to properly scuba dive in another town  :-\ I don't really understand the whole dive lot thing.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2013, 05:17:15 PM »
Oh shoot, they eat fish out of fish bowls? :o hahah have to watch out for that! Thanks for the warning. So you're telling me you can harvest it while diving somehow? IS that only in Isla Paradiso with its dive spots or in any ocean? I still am not sure if I'll be able to properly scuba dive in another town  :-\ I don't really understand the whole dive lot thing.

I believe it is only in IP because other towns don't have dive spots.  In some of them you maybe can add a dive spot but the problem is the other oceans aren't deep enough.  I'm wondering if the ocean area in DV would be deep enough because I'd love to have a dive spot there. 

If you have IP, go to the first/easiest dive spot which is Rocky Reef.  Dive down and there is one area that is fairly open with short, grassy looking stuff and some that is thicker looking.  The thicker stuff is harvest able kelp, not like the big, tall strands which are not harvest able.  (Unlike real life!)  You just click on it with your diver and you'll get the option to harvest it.  When you do you get multiple pieces of kelp.  This is not mermadic kelp, just the regular stuff you can buy at the grocery store.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »
Ah okay, so if I understand correctly: There are two kinds of kelp. One turns you into a mermaid and one is the kind they eat regularly. The transformative type is available either through a LTR or by befriending a mermaid. The other is the one you can get at the shop. I rather thought that selling mermadic kelp in the shop was too easy! And this second type you can get by diving as well but only in a dive spot. That's right?

By samoht04

Offline Noocherenee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2013, 01:03:15 AM »
Ah okay, so if I understand correctly: There are two kinds of kelp. One turns you into a mermaid and one is the kind they eat regularly. The transformative type is available either through a LTR or by befriending a mermaid. The other is the one you can get at the shop. I rather thought that selling mermadic kelp in the shop was too easy! And this second type you can get by diving as well but only in a dive spot. That's right?

That's how I understand it too.  So yes I believe that is right.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2013, 03:38:14 AM »
Special outfit?  Use Master Controller to change scale color?  What is the "special outfit" and why didn't you just change her scales in CAS?  I changed Triton's there.

It's basically their tail, and shells for ladies, think of it like the martial arts outfit, a special one they wear for a certain activity, the game automatically creates it but you cannot see it or alter it at a dresser.

And I used Twallans master controller to change Mia's scale colour because I wasn't controlling her, I just saw her at a dive spot so took the opportunity to fix her.

"Go here" doesn't work.  She will still try to swim it.  Llama?  Those red Dr. Who transportation things?

Love the pics!  What a hoot seeing her swim up the walk to the boat.

I haven't found kelp in buydebug  so I don't imagine it can be planted.  I just always harvest a bit when my Sims dive.  The only one who needs it for food is Triton so he gets all of it to have in his inventory for when he has the munchies.  They will also eat raw fish so beware if you have an aquarium or fish bowl, they find it a convenient place for a snack!   ;D

Yes the Dr Who telephone boxes, saves so much time, I ended up putting one in a tiny basement on the Houseboat because despite my plan of having them as neighbours he chose to sail of into the sunset and docked right over the other side of the map  ::)

Mine hasn't yet been at the fishtank, she chooses to cook food that doesn't fill her up instead, although I have noticed she is putting kelp in some of it, the vegetable trio on the Tepanyaki grill used up two of her kelp when she made it.

The kelp in buydebug is in with all the auto soil plants and it's called harvestable kelp.

That's exactly right, yes. So for food you don't really need to have it in other worlds as you can by it at the grocery store, it's not that cheap though I think it was 10 each but then I guess plasma fruit isn't either, although there's no free kelp juice in fridges like vampires get.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2013, 05:46:32 AM »
My mermaid just turned into an elder and you can see her tail.  Here's a picture.

[Picture was uploaded incorrectly.  File removed.  -Pam]

I had to remove the file you attached to your post.  The way to put pictures in a post is to upload it to an online hosting service like Photobucket, then put the image link in your post.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2013, 02:46:13 PM »
Mine hasn't yet been at the fishtank, she chooses to cook food that doesn't fill her up instead, although I have noticed she is putting kelp in some of it, the vegetable trio on the Tepanyaki grill used up two of her kelp when she made it.

The kelp in buydebug is in with all the auto soil plants and it's called harvestable kelp.

That's exactly right, yes. So for food you don't really need to have it in other worlds as you can by it at the grocery store, it's not that cheap though I think it was 10 each but then I guess plasma fruit isn't either, although there's no free kelp juice in fridges like vampires get.

So they can cook with kelp, huh? That should be interesting. I wonder if you could make a dish with kelp like you can with Plasma Fruit and then the serving fills them up.

So does that mean you can plant it, or is it only in buydebug?

Well, in this particular file money is far from being an issue, I can buy plenty if necessary, but being able to plat it would be more convenient for sure.

By samoht04

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »
It's only in buydebug, I cheated her to level 10 gardening and no plant interaction whatsoever on kelp.

Not even that food with kelp added filled her up, at the moment I've had her eat a meal then have a kelp for pudding that about does it, she's just got enough skill for sushi so I shall see how much that fills her up, although I don't expect it to be much better, they do fill up at the bistro and diner at least, be annoying to pay for a meal and come out hungry wouldn't it.

I do find the motives strange though, not at all sure they are working as intended as far as the salt water moodlet goes, she had it appear while she was actively swimming in the ocean  ??? I mean really how much more salty can she possibly get.

EDIT: Sushi does nothing more for hunger, it only seems to be the Teppanyaki Vegetable Medley on the grill she adds kelp too, no other meals and it makes no change to fulfilling her hunger, her hunger was orange and 3 plates of it still didn't quite fill the bar, plain kelp is definitely the quicker option rather than sitting down to 3 full meals in a row.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2013, 07:26:16 PM »
I thought it was a definite thing that meals don't fulfill hunger motives for mermaids anyway, only kelp and raw fish?

anything