Author Topic: Mermaids Thread  (Read 135829 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Mermaids Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2013, 02:40:48 AM »
So did I but Rosa got me curious, also the fact I saw her use some kelp in cooking.

Offline Meaganmg

• Nooboo
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2013, 07:52:12 AM »
I wanted to ask I believe it's a mermaid glitch (that's why I'm posting it here). When I first started playing with the mermaid options, I.e breeding mermaids. Everything was okay then all of a suden my kids have boots for legs and other townies also at all ages, and when they age into kids their torsos look like adults with boobs for both girls and boys.

I do apologize if this is the wrong forum for this, as this is my first post yay!

So yes in smaller words the sims that I think are mermaids have boots instead of scales. Anyone else have this problem??

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »
I have not heard of this issue anywhere. Do you have any mods installed in your game

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Meaganmg

• Nooboo
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2013, 09:06:29 AM »
I have not heard of this issue anywhere. Do you have any mods installed in your game

Yes I do, I tried to uninstall the boots from custom content but it's not there. I'm now trying to play the game without custom content to see what happens

Offline Jorgitoli

• Nooboo
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »
No mermaids are not able to be made in CAS.    You can save one but I don't know if it will keep it's mermaid-ness just like a saved alien loses it's alienness.

I saved my first mermaid, and each new game I use her she retains her mermaid state and skills. :-) You just can not upload a mermaid sim to the Exchange unless it is in household mode. Hope this helps.

Offline Meaganmg

• Nooboo
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2013, 09:32:14 PM »
Quick help question, can someone tell me the names of the original mermaids, Im trying to get all of them together give them the youth potion, then the never age potion and create a merfolk army to destroy the world.   I have salty, maya, mia and I know triton is out there, but is there any others?

I checked every sim in island paradise last night. They are the only four you start off with, then after time it changed. I know the beach babes they turn into mermaids and so does some of the fairy families I don't know how but they did on mine... It might be different for each person. I invited all 4 mermaids to my house and made them join the family, by doing that they are breeding with each other to create mermaid off spring.

Offline Meaganmg

• Nooboo
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »
Yes I do, I tried to uninstall the boots from custom content but it's not there. I'm now trying to play the game without custom content to see what happens

After playing without custom content it is all fine now. And the percentage of 50/50 between human and mermaid seems to have gone up :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2013, 03:23:18 AM »
Yes, Story Progression will change different Sims in each game.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline FyreFlyeRush

• Nooboo
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2013, 04:46:36 PM »
Just a random question. Is Teodor Medina a merman in anyone else's game? My sim met him through online dating, then he showed up in Davy Jones' Locker as a merman. I told my 17 year old to play him so she could start with a mermaid, and much to my shock (and her disappointment), he's human. Created a new game, human there, too.

I'm just wondering if at some point in story progression he becomes one, or if it's a completely fluke that I met him that way.

(Yes, I'm a new poster. No, I'm not a prank poster.)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2013, 04:48:22 PM »
My guess is that he turned at some point. Random Sims will automatically turn into Mermaids. That's probably what happened with Teodor.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2013, 07:02:11 AM »
I have skim-read this thread, but I haven't found an answer to my problem. Sorry if it has been asked before. So my sim has successfully obtained mermaid kelp. He eats it and get the nauseous moodlet. He's on his home lot (A houseboat) when he eats it.  Two hours after the moodlet pops up, he vomits. Nothing happens and he is still human. This sim is Masao Hamada and he is definitely not an occult. I have no idea what I have done wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2013, 11:21:14 AM »
How did you obtain it? Salty Seaworth gave my sim some bogus kelp, if it doesn't look all bubbly when they go to eat it it's not the real thing. Mermaids can be tricksy creatures they wont always give you the right stuff.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2013, 12:14:13 PM »
Thanks Turoskel, yes it was from Salty Seaworth. He's definitely evil - He stole candy from a baby! - so maybe that's why.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »
This has been confirmed. Evil mermaids--such as Salty Seaworth--give bad kelp.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline AMermaidHi

• Nooboo
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »
Do not get kelp from Salty Seaworth once I tried it just made me nauseous.  >:( But if you are not a mermaid anymore you will keep the Level 10 diving skill. (thank you Carls and Pams Sims
 forums!)

anything