Author Topic: Mermaids Thread  (Read 135830 times)

Offline AMermaidHi

• Nooboo
Re: Mermaids Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »
Interesting.  My failed kelp was from the LTR
Thats interesting. LTR kelp always works for me. So try getting it from a mermaid or merman (not Salty Seaworth or merpeople with evil trait.)

Offline AMermaidHi

• Nooboo
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »
How strange.  My human sim ate it and had a thing pop up that said, "that was good, but I feel the same."
Well, your sim HAS to be a human before you eat it. You need to drink a Potent Cure Elixer or forsake your powers.

-Best of luck,

AMermaidHi

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AMermaidHi

• Nooboo
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2013, 06:39:21 PM »
Go to a shore near a diving spot and signal the mermaid you want.  Once they have arrived click on the diving spot and say Dive Underwater With...  Be ware of Salty Seaworth - I hear he gives bad kelp.
A youtuber named IhasCupquake, she got news that Salty is BAD news. Like all the others, stay away from him, and also he can summon sharks (every menfolk who has the 'Evil' trait can summon sharks) so WATCH out! (Don't be enemies with him, you know he can summon sharks)

Offline AMermaidHi

• Nooboo
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »
AMermaidHi's Stupid Question of the Day: Can Grim Reaper die and have another brother who dies then he gets resurrected by his brother and they all get mermaided?

Offline AMermaidHi

• Nooboo
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2013, 05:31:32 PM »
I married Salty and he doesn't have his scales anymore. Even before I married him, he had no scales. Someone help? Rica? Please? help!!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2013, 05:46:07 PM »
I married Salty and he doesn't have his scales anymore. Even before I married him, he had no scales. Someone help? Rica? Please? help!!

Evidently he had been turned back to a regular human sim prior to marriage. This can happen in various different ways. If you read some of the threads here as well as Carl's Guide on mermaids, it explains some ways this can happen.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2013, 12:26:56 PM »
Salty has always been quite nice to me. He gives bad kelps but I have plenty good fish girls to choose from.
I am liking him so much because he shows me the mermaid island everytime even if I have several mermaids in the group, it's always him who does so.
Summoning sharks seems to be a cool idea, I sometimes really want to fight the sharks but cannot get them to be interested in my sims (even with plenty meat in inventory)...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline queen-of-the-fae

• Nooboo
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2014, 01:18:29 AM »
I added King Triton to my household using testingcheatsenabled true, but his scales are gone and he doesn't get a tail. When he talks to his girlfriend he can click on "Mermaid..." in "Special" and talk about scales, etc. So he is still a mermaid but not physically? Can i make him a merman again?

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »
I added King Triton to my household using testingcheatsenabled true, but his scales are gone and he doesn't get a tail. When he talks to his girlfriend he can click on "Mermaid..." in "Special" and talk about scales, etc. So he is still a mermaid but not physically? Can i make him a merman again?

Is he an elder? I have had elder mermaids not display their tails in water.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2014, 10:40:50 AM »
A youtuber named IhasCupquake, she got news that Salty is BAD news. Like all the others, stay away from him, and also he can summon sharks (every menfolk who has the 'Evil' trait can summon sharks) so WATCH out! (Don't be enemies with him, you know he can summon sharks)

Haha! My Martial Artist Sim eats sharks for breakfast.  ;D OK, not literally, but she has never lost a fight to a shark, and I had a fantastic collection of shark teeth to show for it - some of the easiest money I've ever made.

Anyway, in terms of mermaids...how can I say this? They're pretty and everything, and cool to look at, but they are definitely not my favourite occult lifeform.
Apart from the fact that their nutritional needs are never met (Y U No Make Kelp Recipes, EA?!), the thing that really annoys me is the default need to swim. Everywhere. Even when they're exhausted and their home is on the other side of the island.
And their swim-speed is only a little bit faster than a moving houseboat. (OK, not really, but it feels that way, when I'm trying to get to work. LOL)
As someone mentioned before (can't remember name, sorry!) the micro-management has really dampened my enthusiasm for this childhood fantasy.

In terms of mermaids as Lifeguards: yep, the job really suits! I'm a little more gung-ho with my Sims, so I don't sweat a little negative moodlet. My sim does her surveillance from the sand, and grabs some hydration every time she saves someone. (Which is not that far apart, time-wise.)

I've found that the best way to keep my merSim from dying of starvation is to do a couple of hours fishing every day, so she has a nice stash of fresh fish in her inventory - sashimi, anyone?. (By "fishing", obviously, I also mean catching fish whilst diving.) And harvest as much kelp as possible - buying from the grocery store can be way more time-consuming than it's worth. One cool feature of merSims is their ability to eat underwater - a definite plus, if you're trying to get that last blasted piece of map.  :)
{EDIT}: Food morsels from WA work just as well for mersims as for regular sims.

Small side-note: For those of you who would prefer to prevent your merSims from turning human again, do not take a super-long vacation in China (can't remember if France and Egypt have salt water, so this might apply there too). My merSim was in China for 5 days, and already started to show the "Salt Water Deficiency" moodlet.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2015, 06:37:18 PM »
Hi, is there any way possible to get mermaids back into the town after I removed them? I had removed them before I knew they were critical to discovering the one island. I tried making one townie a mermaid both by nraas and then by removing the life state and having her eat the kelp, but I still can't get the "secret" or key to the Mermaid Secret Island. When I have my sim go out into the ocean w/her, the only interaction I have is "splash." 

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2015, 06:59:05 PM »
Move a sim in. Get them 40,000 happiness points, buy Mermadic Kelp, and move them out.

Or you can just use Mermadic Kelp period.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2015, 08:34:52 PM »
I have tried all of that except moving her out. I'll try moving/kicking her out and see what happens.

Offline geekgirl101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2015, 10:07:46 AM »
I just discovered something, and I don't know if anyone else noticed.  Vagrant mermaids will appear the second you dive underwater in a scuba spot.  You'll know they're there when 2 dark spots appear on the water in map view when you dive down (one will be yours and the other will indicate someone or something else has just joined you.)  If your mermaids always appear tailless then you'll also notice on the water surface a person under the water and a circle of bubbles on the surface.  If you don't see the bubbles on the surface of the water then there won't be any mermaids appearing, so you can hop back out the water and wait out the depressurizing debuff then either dive back down or hit another dive spot and hope a mermaid will show up.  Saving before jumping into the water and restarting each time you don't find a mermaid will also work (I've managed to find 2/4 mermaids this way.)

This here is what I'm talking about:

btw townie mermaids and mermaids you're married to will show you the way to the island providing you're really good friends with each other (best friend status ideally.)  You might also need high diving skill.  You have to both visit a dive spot and dive under then do nothing for a while, swimming on the surface will not work.  Eventually they'll show you the secret island.

If your vagrant mermaids are missing tails you can fix them using NRaas's Master Controller > Basic > Change Scale Color and just accept the changes without doing anything, then NRaas's Master Controller > Basic > Outfit > Special 1.

If you want to build up friendship with a mermaid but don't have the time to do it at home then you can chat long distance and text them whilst abroad and build your friendship with them that way.  If you got a holiday home and a good enough friendship you can even invite them over and spend time with them.

Offline katalina549

• Nooboo
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »
Hi, is there any way possible to get mermaids back into the town after I removed them? I had removed them before I knew they were critical to discovering the one island. I tried making one townie a mermaid both by nraas and then by removing the life state and having her eat the kelp, but I still can't get the "secret" or key to the Mermaid Secret Island. When I have my sim go out into the ocean w/her, the only interaction I have is "splash."

I have found that the "Show secret island" interaction does not happen while using Nraas mods. Try temporarily disabling them and then hanging out with or scuba diving with your merfriend again.