Author Topic: Mermaids Thread  (Read 135831 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Mermaids Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 07:16:45 AM »
Are the mermaids at the beginning of the game, townies? Or are they NPCs? I just looked through all households and didn't find mermaids. But perhaps I was too quick to notice.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »
They are NPCs or homeless townies.  They're not in normal homeless townie homes from what I can tell.  I had one mermaid actually move in with a family within the first week of the game though. 

As far as I can tell, none of the townies start out as mermaids other than those four mentioned above for Island Paradise.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 08:12:26 AM »
As far as I can tell, none of the townies start out as mermaids other than those four mentioned above for Island Paradise.

Do you mean the townies that have turned into mermaids, or townies that start as mermaids? I'm a bit confused...

Also, if the mermaids are NPCs, does anyone know if they will show up in other towns?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 08:23:12 AM »
According to the code of the game, 1 will show up in other worlds but I don't know if that requires dive spots or not. 

What I meant is there are four mermaids that start the game as mermaids.  I believe they are NPCs or homeless townies.   None of the actual ownies (as in people who live within the residences) are mermaids but can be turned into mermaids through Story Progression.  There is currently no way to turn off townies becoming mermaids.  So if you usually only have fairies and vamps to keep the original townies alive longer - some of them will turn to normal life span mermaids and there's nothing you can do about it.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 10:58:27 AM »
Hi, here are a few things I've noticed about becoming a mermaid, not sure if they're meant to work like this or I am having glitches due to using a few mods.
1. Befriending a townie transformed mermaid is more effective than a real, original mermaid that you have to summon.
You can track them down and invite them to scuba dive together, once underwater, ask for fish parts.
You can ask this again and again and get tons of mermaid kelp, enough to transform the whole household or just keep some for backup.
2. If you are an occult, don't bother to eat the kelp, it won't work and my sim said she felt no differences. Use potent cure first before eating it worked for me.
3. You can use unlock outfits to get rid of those scale leggings in CAS.
However, if you want to use 'change scale colors' interaction to customize tails, wearing scale leggings is crucial or it'd mess up that editing interface, making it unable to change anything.
4.  I don't know why, but my mermaid sim somehow stopped boating to a distant area in the ocean, but swim at a faster rate towards it, still, I prefer boats...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
Mermaids don't use boats.   Ever.   You have to choose boat here and hope it works. 

Don't forget if you've met a mermaid you can signal them to meet you anywhere.  Like on the shore near a dive spot where you can then just click dive underwater with ..

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2013, 11:13:40 AM »
Mermaids don't use boats.   Ever.   You have to choose boat here and hope it works. 
Don't forget if you've met a mermaid you can signal them to meet you anywhere.  Like on the shore near a dive spot where you can then just click dive underwater with ..
I tried to use 'boat here', but she still swims? Quite annoying.
I met Triton King on the second day and tried to signal him several times on the shore but he never came. Would he arrive immediately if available? Luckily story progression has turned several women in IP to mermaids so I threw one of them potent friendship elixir instead.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
So, like Paula Abdul said in her immortal words, "One or the other", huh? That sort of sucks(I would have loved to have a life states fusion of Vampire/Warlock/Ghost/Merfolk/Fairy, but I guess EA realized the mistake they made in letting Sims be fusion life states in Sims 2 and axed that immediately. Also, there's no mermaid option in population control? That sucks. That means all the Sims outside of your household will be merfolk and you can't do a dang thing about it. Looks like we may be forced to use mods(forgive me for uttering that blasphemous word  :-\ ) to prevent this! It's bad enough that EA Story Progression made everyone vampire celebrities in Late Night but this is ludicrous. I don't hate merfolk but I'd like to have a few normal Sims.

I think Merfolk(I refuse to call them Mermaids because there are male ones, the correct term is Merfolk even if EA calls them otherwise) will be my third favorite life state next to Witches and Fairies.  ;D
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »
I tried to use 'boat here', but she still swims? Quite annoying.
I met Triton King on the second day and tried to signal him several times on the shore but he never came. Would he arrive immediately if available? Luckily story progression has turned several women in IP to mermaids so I threw one of them potent friendship elixir instead.

They have to actually come from somewhere and swim to you so if he's available it will still take a little time.  Just look around or keep signalling.  It's what I do.

Oh and Etna - we allow talk about mods on the forum. 

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 11:21:15 AM »
How long after eating the mermadic kelp should the sim turn? 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 11:23:07 AM »
It's an immediate transformation.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »
It's an immediate transformation.

How strange.  My human sim ate it and had a thing pop up that said, "that was good, but I feel the same."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:22 AM »
Are you certain the sim isn't part of an occult? 

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »
Are you certain the sim isn't part of an occult?

She's a cured witch.  Perhaps the cure didn't work properly.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 12:42:21 PM »
She's a cured witch.  Perhaps the cure didn't work properly.
My cured witch transformed immediately, the transformation process itself took a sim hour or so.
I used potent cure elixir and consumed kelp right after drinking the potion.