Author Topic: Mermaids Thread  (Read 135812 times)

Offline Sutz

• Townie
Re: Mermaids Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2013, 09:16:38 AM »
Sounds like a glitch, Pam. Remember when Frank whizzed through his teen years in less than three days?

Dellena

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2013, 10:32:08 AM »
My mermaid has done well as a lifeguard.  I have her swim periodically during her shift and sometimes she then is able to get to the victims quicker since she's already in the water.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LeuceDeuce

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2013, 12:40:04 PM »
Mermaids are a bit too much of a nuisance for me. 

The special diet wouldn't be so bad if when my mermaid got hungry she just ate the kelp in her inventory rather than preparing a regular meal that's only going to half fill her hunger need. 

I had a merman child, and once when he was on his way home from school he had dehydrated on the street.  I only managed to notice when I selected that sim and saw all of the negative moodlets.  I had his father run from home to rehydrate him on the street.

After becoming frustrated with the micromanagement of mermaids I decided to just stay out of the salt water to let the boy and mother become normal.  Only a couple hours before final transformation I accepted the free vacation for the parents, and they were gone.  The boy became normal, and carries on his life as a land walker now.  Upon returning from vacation, the mother had reset the timer on her transformation so I started the process again.  Apparently the mermaids are not autonomous enough to rehydrate themselves when they're only a few feet from a shower, because all of a sudden my screen shifted to show me the mother dead from dehydration.  Even if the screen shifted to show she had fallen, and needs to be re-hydrated, this would be helpful.  Instead you get no notification until it's too late.

For me becoming a mermaid would only be a fast track to level 10 diving before I cure them.

Offline seemenow2008

• Nooboo
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2013, 06:02:01 PM »
I'm having trouble with finding the mermaid island. I met Maya Ocean and Triton King early on, but they're both dead now. I'm in week 7 and haven't met any new mermaids that aren't townies. Can a townie show me? It's possible I'm just not spending enough time with them, but the relationship is definitely high enough. She knows Joel Vidal who is a merman now, but he hasn't shown her anything. Does anyone have any advice?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2013, 06:41:45 PM »
I would think a townie could show you.

When you're starting the conversation, make sure you are in a group, and do one or two interactions to "start" it, then just let it go. They'll automatically interact, and eventually the mermaid will show them. I found it after going into a dive spot, but Rica reports it can also be done on land.

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »
A townie mermaid can definitely show the secret island, Hinni Hashni of Beach Babes household showed it to my sim who had just invited her over his house boat. The process was interrupted because something got on their way but my sim got the island anyway.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »
Is there anyway to stop mermaids getting the Drying Out moodlet? Is there a suncream like the one for vampires?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2013, 07:00:50 PM »
I thought they could avoid it by taking showers?

I know that Permanent Mermaid will keep them from reverting back to normal.

Dellena

« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2013, 07:03:59 PM »
Taking a shower or swimming will hydrate a mermaid.  However, a mermaid must periodically swim in salt water or risk loosing her mermaid state permanently.  I have my mermaid go for a swim in the ocean every morning since she doesn't take long to eat.

Offline Lazycrockett

• Nooboo
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2013, 01:13:40 AM »
Quick help question, can someone tell me the names of the original mermaids, Im trying to get all of them together give them the youth potion, then the never age potion and create a merfolk army to destroy the world.   I have salty, maya, mia and I know triton is out there, but is there any others?

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2013, 01:24:26 AM »
Those 4 are the four original. Other townies will turn into a mermaid through story progression though.

I believe there full names are:
Mia Azul
Maya Ocean
Salty Seaworth
Triton King

That might not be exactly correct spelling. But that is their names. Good luck on Mermaid ruling the world.
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Lazycrockett

• Nooboo
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2013, 01:55:32 AM »
Thank you, once I have King, I promise to rule with a strong but fair hand.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2013, 02:02:04 AM »
Haha, ok. You should write a misc. story about it. Only If you want to, but I would totally read. Ok I'll stay on topic now. Anyway good luck! :)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline toxxic

• Nooboo
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
My merman won't change his scale color. I click on the mirror for him to do it and he just stands there. Then when I try to cancel the action he gets stuck and I have to reset him.

Offline Banana Bender

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2013, 03:48:07 AM »
I can't save my merboy toddler to the bin.  (mother is a Jamie Jolina changed into a witch and moved to IP / father is Salty Seaworth) Game says mermaids can't be saved to bin or share.  Is this my glitch or has anyone tried to save a mermaid/man/boy/girl whatever and got this message?