Author Topic: Mermaids Thread  (Read 135816 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Mermaids Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2013, 03:53:52 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that Seasons comes with a wall decor item called 'Maya the Mermaid'? Wonder if that is kind of like a reference to Maya Ocean?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Gaelicsunrise

• Nooboo
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43:08 AM »
Does anyone with Seasons and a teenage mermaid have a negative moodlet pop up while they are in school? It's a three hour moodlet with a fire symbol on it.  It ticks down if you don't remedy the cause.  I haven't let it tick down to see what the consequences are yet. 

I noticed the same moodlet when my newly turned adult mermaid tried to use a fire pit to roast fish.  He wasn't a fan of the fire. My merpeople also get this moodlet anytime they happen to be in a room with a lit fireplace, or outside in the noonday sun. 

For my other merfolk I can remedy the moodlet by getting away from the fire or inside a building.  But besides cheating on the teen and killing the moodlet while she's in school I don't know how to prevent it, or why she's getting it!  She's inside.  Anyone else see this and have a solution?

(I did belatedly think of getting the sun parasol for use outside, but haven't managed to test it yet.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
I've noticed it and it's usually because it's a really hot day.  I haven't had a teenage mermaid in school yet but I may test this for consequences.  I wonder if having the permanent mermaid LTR would help.

Addition after testing:  The moodlet doesn't seem to hurt them but it does seem to make them become chapped much faster.  So it takes shorter time to get through the Chapped and Flakey moodlets.  Which by the way are kind of gross when you read them.

Edit:  Good news gang!  Apparently mermaids will take you to the island when not in water, too!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2013, 03:35:26 PM »
I've noticed it and it's usually because it's a really hot day.  I haven't had a teenage mermaid in school yet but I may test this for consequences.  I wonder if having the permanent mermaid LTR would help.

Addition after testing:  The moodlet doesn't seem to hurt them but it does seem to make them become chapped much faster.  So it takes shorter time to get through the Chapped and Flakey moodlets.  Which by the way are kind of gross when you read them.

Edit:  Good news gang!  Apparently mermaids will take you to the island when not in water, too!

That IS good news since  I can't seem to meet them while diving. 

For that negative moodlet, I wonder is the Immune to Heat LTR would fix that problem?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2013, 04:46:09 PM »
Ugh. Finally got Triton to show me the island...and then my game freezes. Bluhhhh.

EDIT: Question, how can you tell if your burrito baby is a mermaid/man? They have human x mermaid parents, so there is a chance it could be human, but I really hope not. Bluh.

Offline Lazycrockett

• Nooboo
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2013, 06:28:54 PM »
Okay I married Salty Seaworthy and after a couple of hours of play when I clicked back on him he was no longer a merman and I cant get him to eat kelp.  I know that he wasn't in the water for about 4 days so he may have reverted back to human so once that has happened can he become a merman again?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2013, 06:46:28 PM »
Ugh. Finally got Triton to show me the island...and then my game freezes. Bluhhhh.

EDIT: Question, how can you tell if your burrito baby is a mermaid/man? They have human x mermaid parents, so there is a chance it could be human, but I really hope not. Bluh.

You won't know until they are a toddler and then you can tell by the scales on their legs.

Okay I married Salty Seaworthy and after a couple of hours of play when I clicked back on him he was no longer a merman and I cant get him to eat kelp.  I know that he wasn't in the water for bout 4 days so he may have reverted back to human so once that has happened can he become a merman again?

If his favorite food is something other than Kelp, than he is now human.  He can be changed back - just need to get some kelp.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »
But Mia Azul's (who is now apart of my household) favorite food isn't kelp and she's still plenty much a mermaid. She got pregnant so maybe that changed it? Idk.

Anyway, thanks for the earlier info. Too bad I won't be able to know right now, but ah well. I have like 3-4 pieces of mermaid kelp so I can always use that just in case.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2013, 07:36:19 PM »
Will merpeople appear through story progression in other towns?

I did not realise when I purchased this how pervasive these life forms would be.  I, personally, like my sims "normal" and have not purchased several other EPs that I would otherwise have liked to buy because of the life forms.

I bought this for the running a resort part as I always enjoyed the opening my home option in OB sims 2 and thought this might be similar.

There are lots of features that I like, so I really don't want to uninstall this EP if I can run a resort in another town without having merpeople appearing everywhere.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2013, 07:39:33 PM »
Mermaids are currently not able to be turned off so yes townies in other towns will slowly become mermaids.  Mermaids are also the only life form you can't turn off so you can get the other expansions and just turn off the town turning people into vamps, wolves, fairies, etc.

Offline Lazycrockett

• Nooboo
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »
Salty has kelp in his inventory but I dont get the option to eat it, just to gift it.  Odd.

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2013, 08:35:19 PM »
Do mermaids make good lifeguards?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2013, 12:09:50 AM »
I've been afraid to do it because of the long hours in the sun and some of the drying out glitches.

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2013, 08:01:24 AM »
Ah, alright. I may give it a whirl, but we shall see.

Started another file, and I STILL have yet to see Maya Ocean or Salty Seaworth at any of the dive spots. Fortunately I can get good mermaid kelp from Triton, but I kind of like Salty's design more so I wanted to meet him. Gah.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2013, 08:54:22 AM »
Do mermaids have shorter elder life stages?  My Sim went on a date with Triton King and just a couple of days later, he was an elder.  Then he died the very same day she first saw him as an elder.  There's no way he had lived out a normal elder lifespan.  It literally was only 3 or 4 days.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything