Author Topic: Mermaids Thread  (Read 136636 times)

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Mermaids Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »
I'm trying to get Mia Azul (coughArielcough) to show my teen Sim to the secret Mermaid Island or whatever, but she seems to not do it, despite being best friends. Is it cause she is a teen or could it be because of this weird glitch where the game says Mia Azul is the girl's aunt (which she isn't)? Technically, she's dating the girl's uncle, but they aren't married yet nor are they living with one another.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2013, 05:56:43 AM »
That is weird. I got to the island trough Mia. My sim was a young adult.

And thanks for the help on the transforming to mermaid. M sim got to go underwater with the mermaid and ate the kelp when she was back home. :) I love the mermaids! They are really fast and to stay underwater forever is really nice. The underwater world really relaxes me! So I think mermaids are my sims 3 favorite now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »
Well, I'm still having some trouble. I bff-ed King Triton and tried to get him to take my sim to the island (who is a young adult now), but nothing happends. I saw a video of someone else being taken to the island, and I noticed they just met him randomly (and was already bffs with him) versus calling him out and diving together in an area.

So my question is: which diving spot is most prevalent with merfolk? If I need to meet them randomly at a place, then I want to try at the most active one.

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »
So my question is: which diving spot is most prevalent with merfolk? If I need to meet them randomly at a place, then I want to try at the most active one.

That is exactly what I came here to ask, more specifically, I am looking for King Triton. Is it just random as to which mermaid appears in the dive spot? I've already met Mia and Salty. Also is there a certain time of day, because I've noticed if you go diving at night no sims appear, does the same rule apply for mermaids?

Offline Lazycrockett

• Nooboo
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2013, 06:11:32 PM »
I'm thinking of moving cause all my merman does is spend all of his down time in the pool. 

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
I have tried to recolor the scales, but it doesn't seem to work or I just can't find out where.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2013, 07:34:29 PM »
I have tried to recolor the scales, but it doesn't seem to work or I just can't find out where.

On the mirror, there should be an option to Change Scale Color.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2013, 07:47:46 PM »
Ok, will check next time I play, duh, didn't think of that one.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »
My merman has yet to meet a mermaid in the ocean, however he's met one on the shore.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2013, 09:08:43 PM »
It's just a random 20% chance every time you enter a dive spot.  Although, I half wonder if certain mermaids show up to certain spots.  I see Mia a lot in Davey Jones' Locker. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2013, 10:28:42 PM »
Of all townies that is a merman and it is Leighton Sekemoto, imagine my surprise to see him with scales, lol. :)

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2013, 11:18:49 PM »
It's just a random 20% chance every time you enter a dive spot.  Although, I half wonder if certain mermaids show up to certain spots.  I see Mia a lot in Davey Jones' Locker.

Ah, I see. D:

Also, can anyone clarify if you go out with a merfolk to a dive spot, they can you show the island? Or does it have to be if you randomly meet them at a dive spot? Do you have to talk to them a lot for the thing to trigger, or do you just wait? Thanks in advance.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2013, 11:35:30 PM »
If you signal a mermaid to meet you, you can then say "Dive Underwater With.." and they will be available to choose.  You need to have 70% relationship with them which is in the good friend to best friend range and you have to let them talk.  If you keep talking to them, it's never going to happen.   When it does happen is completely random.  Salty Seaworthy was just about to show my Sim when the other mermaid I had called down below decided to chat him up instead so the action cancelled.  I quickly sent Mia packing, cheated my relationship lower with Salty and raised it up again with a few socials.  After that I just waited and finally he said to follow him.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2013, 11:39:12 PM »
Alright, so if you do miss/cancel the opportunity by accident...do you have to lower it and rebuild it up again, or...just wait?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2013, 11:41:40 PM »
You can try just waiting.  I was very impatient.

anything