Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 199196 times)

Offline pumpkincarnival

• Nooboo
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #675 on: November 17, 2013, 05:20:02 PM »
I'm really bad at thinking up screen names.  I started using this one a few years ago when I got a scented candle that had "autumn scents" such as pumpkin and mulled cider, and it was called "pumpkin carnival."  This amused me enough that I decided to use it as a screen name, plus fall is my favorite time of year and I really like Halloween and all, so it seemed suitable :)

Offline Zaki

• Townie
« Reply #676 on: November 20, 2013, 08:07:57 PM »
Well, my username on another site is Miyazaki, because I like Hayao Miyazaki's movies.  ;)
Zaki is just a shortened version.

I am on the website Chicken Smoothie! My username is Miyazaki.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #677 on: December 16, 2013, 08:19:40 PM »
I ever wrote this before but I want to make clear :)

Eldridge is my family name, but my ancestor who had it. My family name is totally different and it's not Alexis like what I wrote in my Dynasty. Well, I love this name because it has meaning:

Eldridge is of German origin, and the meaning of Eldridge is "sage ruler".
In Teutonic the meaning of the name Eldridge is: Battle counselor.

SoulUrge Number: 1
People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.

Expression Number: 1
People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.

I think some of them fit my personality well. I am tend to work alone, I resent authority, I am stubborn and impatient.

And I also loved to be called Eld, because it makes me so old as the most of my friend is far older than me.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline MissyLovesSims

• Sim Fanatic 1st Class
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Loves all things Sims!
« Reply #678 on: December 16, 2013, 09:13:20 PM »
"MissyLovesSims " is easy for me to remember.  I used something similar at another forum that I belonged to years ago.
Missy

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #679 on: December 18, 2013, 07:58:53 AM »
"Enderkay" is Pig Latin for "kender," which is a kind of mini-elf from the Dragonlance books. My ex-boyfriend from high school was really into the series, and I guess I reminded him of one because I was short and bouncy and curious and stuff. Some of our mutual friends started using it, and even after we broke up the nickname stuck. I use "enderkay" on the internet because "kender" is often already taken by fans of the book. :P

Offline sharktopus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #680 on: January 12, 2014, 07:53:27 AM »
I love the monster movies made by the SyFy network, they're so bad they're good. And since I didn't like the sound of Sharknado, I picked sharktopus.

Offline Fleiding

• Everybody lies.
  • Nooboo
« Reply #681 on: February 17, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
Fleiding is my favorite skiing trail in Austria. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #682 on: February 18, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »
Mine is a relic of my playing World of Warcraft. In that game, I was playing a character who was a Blood Elf, or Sin'dorei. The first few letters of his name were "Cat-".  No one else had sindocat@/generic email provider X/.com, so I chose it, and now for simplicity or out of habit, I generally go by Sindocat on game-related forums.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #683 on: April 06, 2014, 08:27:57 PM »
Linmayu is my real name.  Boring, I know. ;D

@Niana, Chetanhaobijam: I am Indian too, born in Chicago but whole family is from Madras (which I guess is Chennai now).  That makes 3 of us, and 3 of anything is enough to take over the world. ;D  My 2 sisters play Sims 3 too, but aren't active on the forum.

pandapants33

« Reply #684 on: April 06, 2014, 08:31:47 PM »
My teacher started calling me pandapants, and the number 33 came from nowhere.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #685 on: April 06, 2014, 10:18:40 PM »
My twist of an old gamer name i had back when i was hardcore gaming x) Refitted for Sims 3

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #686 on: April 07, 2014, 12:49:45 AM »
It's funny, I see all of these gamer tags all over and never even thought to use my own gamer tags. I guess when it came down to the forum I thought I would be more personal. My name is Olivia, my nickname throughout all of life has been Liv, but occasionally people would call me Livvie which I thought was cute and it stuck. On the official forum I'm EiraRose (one of my gamer tags of the past, the others vary from Aradyn/Eradyn and Rasalyn is my oldest).

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #687 on: April 07, 2014, 12:58:26 AM »
Old habits die hard  ::) ;D

Offline thesimmiedimonique

• Nooboo
« Reply #688 on: May 16, 2015, 11:10:09 PM »
One of my favorite authors is Sherrilyn Kenyon. In her Dark Hunter series, one of the characters is a demon that calls her self Simi. She speaks in the a weird version of third person (she calls herself "the Simi") and she loves to shop for dimonique on QVC (because it's her favorite food). So, being on a Sims forum, it seemed appropriate to use Simi.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #689 on: May 17, 2015, 12:30:11 AM »
Thanks for bumping this, because I realized that this topic is better suited for the Member Zone, where I'll move it to. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded