Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 199262 times)

Leto85

Where did your profile name come from?
« on: August 09, 2010, 06:59:21 PM »
In other words: where did your name came from? Why did you choose that one?

Thank you Telsey for putting the idea of this topic somehow in my head.

To start with mine: Leto came from the book Dune. I know there is also a Jared Leto (who is named after me :P) and a female Leto person in the Greek mythologie, but originally Leto came from Dune. 85 is the year I was born. 1985, for in case someone wanted to know that more precise.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
Re: Where did your profile name came from?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 07:25:28 PM »
My name is a little hard to explane...See, I had a idea for a novel, and the species of one of the main characters didnt have given names. Instead, they used a sound as a name, like a wolf howl or a crashing wave. Her name was a giant bell ringing, and bells toll when they ring, so...Tolling Bell would be her name in english.  :-[ I know it's silly, but hey, no one ever takes it.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 07:49:21 PM »
My name then is even more difficult and elaborate to explain; you see, it was 1492 on a bright October day and Columbus landed in the Caribbean believing he had reached Asia by then. So, one thing led to another, I had trouble being creative and settled with my nationality and birthyear. *cough* Thank you. (Holding for applause)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 08:00:26 PM »
I wanted an account on The Sims Wiki, so I used this name. I have no idea where it came from, I wanted something with "Sim" in it and it just popped into my head.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »
The sims 3 came out around when Temple was born and i was really excited to be a new mom so Templesmom  ;D

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »
I use wildredchild at almost every website that I am a part of.  I am a red head, was pretty wild at one point in time and I have the childish trait to boot.  So that is how I came up with my user name.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 09:24:43 PM »
Mine dates back to when I played Sim City 4 and always had one huge city named "Metropolis" in the middle of the region. I tagged myself Metropolis Man when I joined the Sim City forums way back when. And then you've got the biting Lurker from Starcraft as an avatar. Go figure. None of it makes sense and has anything to do with where I'm at with gaming today.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 09:25:45 PM »
I've had this handle on various sites since 1996.  At the time I was a choir nerd and really into opera, I was looking for a handle that sounded musical and yet was actually a name as well.  Been using Aria ever since!  Almost named one of my daughters Aria, but that would just be weird to have a kid named after yourself online. lol  MY name is Aria, I don't want either of them to "steal" it.  ;D

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 10:20:03 PM »
Wow interesting. Swede I have a brother your age. Born in Sept of 92 and a brother in law born in April of 92! Leto you are only a year or so younger than me I was born in June of 84. And I have a cousin born in Feb of 85 and a brother in law in Dec of 85.
Anyways mine is a little different. I usually go with fna0626 which is Frank ~n~ Alisha and then 0626 is June 26 which is my husband and me and then the day we were married but nonetheless I couldn't get the email to allow access to the site after a day or two or resending the email multiple times I gave up and started with a new name Mom of many! Which is what I am. I am a mom with 6 kids and number 7 on the way. And to most people that is many so I went with that!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 11:11:03 PM »
Well my name is Hannah, which is a Palindrome. But I couldn't get that as a username for some other sites so I changed it to Pallindrome. But I decided I liked adding a y to it so it's now pallyndrome, which I use for everything now.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 12:27:54 AM »
Do I really have to tell where I got my username?  It's just so very complicated!  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 12:54:23 AM »
Please tell Pam!  We would love to hear the story.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 12:55:45 AM »
Here in Florida, we have shopping plaza's that are on the water.  One little shop is called Saltypaws, it is a pet shop and I used to go in there and get my spoiled little kitty toys and things.  I had gone there one day and had not had my computer very long and was trying to come up with names and saw that bag laying there from Saltypaws and decided that is what I would use.  I have had that name since the beginning of 2000.  Get it saltwater "salty", pets "paws". haha.  I knew you would get it, lol.  ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 01:43:06 AM »
Please tell Pam!  We would love to hear the story.

Ok, well, *ahem*...  Pam is my real name. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 01:51:57 AM »
Ok, well, *ahem*...  Pam is my real name.  

/shocked

Heh, actually my last name is Wright, so many years ago I started using Justwright for everything.  My son is Mr_Wright, my daughter is Ms_Wrong for some sites they use lol.