Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 79256 times)

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #450 on: February 27, 2012, 11:40:47 PM »
I wouldn't! I think its a unique name..and the sig at the bottom makes it all the better, i just properly looked at it :)

Thanks! It wouldn't make sense if my username was FallOutGirl with a siggy saying, "KirbyAndKat"  :P

I like your username too!

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #451 on: February 28, 2012, 02:19:46 PM »
I've been known as Branr for 12 years now; the name was a randomly generated name for my Dark Elf warrior in the old game Everquest, and I have used it in some form in every game since then.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline unicornfan85

• Occult
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #452 on: March 02, 2012, 06:38:27 PM »
I've had it for years.  Mostly it's cause I'm a unicornfan.  The 85 is the year I was born.

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Captain

« Reply #453 on: March 05, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »
My name is Kirk.  So Captain is a nickname that everyone relates to simply by hearing my name.  I'm amazed that no one else on this board has taken it, I usually need to add a few numbers to the end.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #454 on: March 11, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »
I hate my first name, partly because no one pronounces or spells it right and where my mom got it from, and it is similar to an aunt that I despise.  I have an identical twin sister and when we were born, mom didn't know what to name us so she used the names of her nurse's twins.  I love my mom, but she had no imagination!

So, I picked a name that I wish she had chosen, similar to my real name but, at least to me, sounds much nicer. 

Leto85

« Reply #455 on: March 13, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »
I've had it for years.  Mostly it's cause I'm a unicornfan.  The 85 is the year I was born.

If so, than you really should have Pets. ;)

Offline Tuesday

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #456 on: March 14, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »
I used to play a lot of roleplaying games (the kind you use dice for - I'm old) and when I was first starting out I didn't really know what to do so I let my boyfriend make a character for me.  For some unfathomable reason, he named the character Tuesday Morning.  The character later married, and her married name has stuck with me over time and has been recycled in other games and communities for going on 20 years.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline adorkablefae

• Nooboo
« Reply #457 on: March 15, 2012, 12:51:48 AM »
I've been using 'adorKablefae' since I started using the internet;  It's actually kind of annoying how overused 'adorkable' is these days, because when I came up with it I'm fairly sure I'd never seen it anywhere.  Not that I can claim with any certainty that it was my original thought because that's a really rare thing, but I was 12 and thought it was the most original thing ever and  10 years later it's super popular? 

Anyway, adorkable because adorable and dork are two things that describe me really well, and fae because, well, I'm a hippy faerie child xD

So yeah, adorKablefae.  I stopped capitalizing the K at some point in the last few years because I got lazy.  Haha.

selena4324

« Reply #458 on: March 16, 2012, 12:10:09 AM »
I always admired the name 'Selena' as it means 'the moon' in Greek, and I thought it was cool. Also, typing in '4324' is really easy on the number row above the letters on the keyboard, and on one website, I needed to add some numbers to my name-hence, Selena4324 was born! I usually use this for my favorite websites-well, the ones that need usernames, anyways (including this one :D).

Leto85

« Reply #459 on: March 16, 2012, 05:58:32 AM »
My name is Kirk.  So Captain is a nickname that everyone relates to simply by hearing my name.  I'm amazed that no one else on this board has taken it, I usually need to add a few numbers to the end.

One of your parents must be a Trecky. Not sure how you write that, but I'm sure you know what I mean. ;)
Pam will love your name! :D

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #460 on: March 16, 2012, 09:03:06 AM »
One of your parents must be a Trecky. Not sure how you write that, but I'm sure you know what I mean. ;)
Pam will love your name! :D

I think it's 'Trekkie'. My dad is a massive one, and I'm a little bit of one :)

Xothin

« Reply #461 on: March 16, 2012, 10:18:45 AM »
I've been known as Branr for 12 years now; the name was a randomly generated name for my Dark Elf warrior in the old game Everquest, and I have used it in some form in every game since then.

Funny you should mention that. That's exactly how I got mine, except it was an Iksar Shadowknight. :)

Claire.D.Cat

« Reply #462 on: March 26, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
Mine was just a nickname for grade school. They called me scaredycat, and because Claire(my name) rhymes with scare, they called me clairedcat so yeah

Offline paws_bells

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #463 on: March 27, 2012, 06:40:47 AM »
Well, mine was thought up when I was ten (Wow, that's more than a decade ago!). I have always loved animals, so I simply combined the word 'paws' with the last syllable of my name, which happen to end with 'belle.' Hence, paws_bells. Yes, I know it's not very original, but on the plus side, I'm usually able to retain exclusive use of this nickname on whichever site I sign up to be a member of. =)

And yep, I most definitely have the Pets expansion pack as well. It's one of my favorites!  ;D
~ Sometimes, I like to dig a hole in my backyard, get inside it, and pretend I'm a carrot.

...Yeah, that's me.

Leto85

« Reply #464 on: March 28, 2012, 03:19:59 AM »

You've stolen the last part of my username!
But at least I am still older. :P

User Name

« Reply #465 on: March 29, 2012, 02:22:35 PM »
I got my user name from the term user name. Haha, i think it's creative, yet uncreative.

Hekkie

« Reply #466 on: March 30, 2012, 09:30:36 AM »
I have a few usernames that I use around the internet, this is the most recent one. My boyfriend is the creative one so whenever I need anything of the sort I go to him  ;D One of his Skyrim characters was named Hekkarsh and I liked the name a lot, so I shortened it to Hekkie.  :)

Leto85

« Reply #467 on: March 30, 2012, 03:02:42 PM »
I have a few usernames that I use around the internet, this is the most recent one. My boyfriend is the creative one so whenever I need anything of the sort I go to him  ;D One of his Skyrim characters was named Hekkarsh and I liked the name a lot, so I shortened it to Hekkie.  :)

I love Skyrim! Though my character is named Magoria. Female Breton Shield Mage.
Welcome to the forum Hekkie. I was going to ask if that was by any means a Dutch word, as in Holland the word "hek" means fence, and "hekkie" is a sort of little fence.
I like your avatar. You got cats too?

Hekkie

« Reply #468 on: March 30, 2012, 04:32:49 PM »
I love Skyrim as well.  :D My character is a female Khajiit Archer named Ki'thain (another of my usual usernames). Or at least was until I accidently saved over my game file.  ::) We should chat about the game sometime!
Fun to hear that my completely made up name means something in another language, thanks for letting me know ;D at least it's not a curse word. LOL
We're not allowed to have animals in our appartment unfortunately. Which is probably a good thing considering I would probably want to have as many as I could, haha.

Leto85

« Reply #469 on: March 31, 2012, 07:08:52 AM »
I love Skyrim as well.  :D My character is a female Khajiit Archer named Ki'thain (another of my usual usernames). Or at least was until I accidently saved over my game file.  ::) We should chat about the game sometime!
Fun to hear that my completely made up name means something in another language, thanks for letting me know ;D at least it's not a curse word. LOL
We're not allowed to have animals in our appartment unfortunately. Which is probably a good thing considering I would probably want to have as many as I could, haha.

Haha, if it was a curse word I would have asked you per email, just for the fact that some words have wrong meanings in the first language but not in the next. You never know. I made a few mistakes myself here before. :P
Talking about Skyrim is nice. :) But that should be email as well, to prevent us to be offtopic here.

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #470 on: April 04, 2012, 11:35:45 AM »
The first letter of my real name
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #471 on: April 08, 2012, 03:09:21 PM »

Mine screen name isn't very imaginative, it's my real life nickname.  No surprise that mine name is Jason and of course most people tend to call me Jay or Jase, the latter one the most common.  So that became my screen name, most of the time just "Jase" is taken so on websites like this one that allow symbols in screen names I added the "~" so it would let me register a few times and it just stuck since I like to have the same screen name at most places.  :)

You can read it here from the beginning.

Dakota Williams

« Reply #472 on: April 11, 2012, 05:00:27 AM »
My user name came by accident. It was the first thing I thought when made my Sim. after a while I liked it. Think Dakota is nice name, and Williams, well, it just came to me. I tried a lot of different names, but Dakota is the best. Always wanted to have a husky named Dakota.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #473 on: April 15, 2012, 05:54:06 AM »
Wow!  I can't believe I just spent 3 hours reading this thread!

I found my username when I was doing research for my Sims 3 legacy family last summer.  I wanted to recreate our family tree as much as possible.  My mom wasn't much help as she didn't even know her own great-grandmother's name.  So, I found it.  Caterina Fideli.  I fell in love with it!

Up until this forum, my username everwhere has always been Camile004.  No, Camile isn't my real name either.  I created it from the first two letters of my first, middle, and last names.  It happened to be James Bond week on TV so instead of 007, I chose 004.  Four is my fave number because  I was born on the 4th.

Just a note ... I had a level 52 High Elf Cleric on Everquest named Camielle.  I LOVE Sailor Moon and Avatar: The Last Airbender (which is one of the best written shows of all time, IMHO).

annieover

« Reply #474 on: April 16, 2012, 06:00:17 PM »
Rinse and repeat:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1604.325.html
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.....