Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 199106 times)

Offline Forest_Bear

• Llama Wrangler
  • Simlish Song Addict
    • My Tumblr
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #585 on: October 10, 2012, 06:08:26 PM »
I had no idea what to have as a name so i looked around the room for ideas. There was a book about bears on the bookshelf and for some reason the first name that popped into my head was Forest_Bear.
Hi Im new! Call me Forest or Boo.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #586 on: October 10, 2012, 06:33:09 PM »
Raia has been a nickname of mine since I was in college (my real name is Rachel). The "draconis" part refers to my love of dragons. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
  • I love Italian Greyhounds...
    • Poesies.com
« Reply #587 on: October 12, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
Cedia has been the name of my Elven Ranger since Baldur's Gate.

Yes, I did make her into a sim, but her LTW involved exploring a great many tombs in WA, which I found impossible to play due to the faulty routing that Generations introduced.  Recently Twallan has added automatic ResetSim to his Overwatch mod, so maybe I'll have to try starting a legacy with Cedia again.

The funny thing I remember is that when I played her, she wanted Renauld Vanderburg.  She would have no other to be her husband.  Oh flipping well.  Catarina sent them a food processor when they got married.  :P

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
    • Poesies.com
« Reply #588 on: October 12, 2012, 02:07:05 PM »
I've been a Marilyn Monroe impersonator for years, so Karen as MM is the screename I use on most forums. My sim's name is Karilyn Monroe, which is my real life stage name. Its really fun cause now she is running all over town doing gigs just like me! :)

I love this!  How exciting!

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
    • Poesies.com
« Reply #589 on: October 12, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »
Ok stay with me on this one:

My family is Santie (grandma), "Mom" (agreed upon by the whole family for this purpose - mom), Raul (dad), L'Lani (sister) and Dewald (myself). Now, if you take those initials they neatly coincide with the initials of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Splinter, Michaelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo and Donatello. SO when I was only half my current age I realised the four Turtles' names (Splinter's a rat) are derived from legendary Italian artists. So... Then to my shock I foun out that Donatello was ACTUALLY Donato do Niccolo di Betto Bardi... So my simself is Donato Bardi, and my Forum name is Donatello :)

I'm a first generation Italian-American and my father's name was Donato (which is Daniel in English).  Donatello actually means "little Daniel".  It's kind of like the way we say Tommy or Johnny.

My name is Gina, which is a shortened version of Luigina, which is the feminine of the diminutive of Luigi (Luigino).  Luigi is Louis in English.  How's that for complicated?

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #590 on: October 12, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »
I'm a first generation Italian-American and my father's name was Donato (which is Daniel in English).  Donatello actually means "little Daniel".  It's kind of like the way we say Tommy or Johnny.

My name is Gina, which is a shortened version of Luigina, which is the feminine of the diminutive of Luigi (Luigino).  Luigi is Louis in English.  How's that for complicated?

I didn't know that! Awesome... Strangely coincidetal that some (non-Afrikaans speaking) people in our country don't get "Dewald" to fall comfortably on their tongue... And they end up calling me Daniel...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Louise56

« Reply #591 on: October 12, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
I didn't know that! Awesome... Strangely coincidetal that some (non-Afrikaans speaking) people in our country don't get "Dewald" to fall comfortably on their tongue... And they end up calling me Daniel...
. You are from South Africa? That is so awesome to meet someone else from my country on the forum!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #592 on: October 12, 2012, 04:28:30 PM »
I stole it. From my son.
His is ShadowRaven, so I stole the Raven part. Kay is my name and I put the two together. I have been RavenKay in one form or another since 1999 when I first got internet.

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #593 on: October 12, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »
I have always been fascinated by crows, ravens and the rest of the Corvid family, so that is part of it.

The other influence comes from my favorite author, Charles de Lint. He has two recurring characters, Maida and Zia, who are known as the crow girls. They are always together spreading happiness, being boisterous  ;D and generally making people feel good wherever they go, like the line "two for joy" in the old saying about counting crows or ravens, though I believe it originally referred to counting/seeing a certain number of magpies.

Regards,
Sarah

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #594 on: October 13, 2012, 02:59:04 AM »
My nickname came from my love for bubbles and the fact that I can be a bit of a chatterbox sometimes.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Leto85

« Reply #595 on: October 13, 2012, 08:03:09 AM »
Nice Snufflesxx - I have two stuffed toy polar bears which I call Mr Darcy and Elizabeth.  Hmm me thinks my next CAS will be Mr Darcy.  I wonder if I can make him look like Colin Firth...

Thanks Snufflesxx

Who's Colin Firth?
Yeah, I know: 'Leto, Google's your friend', but still I don't get it. :)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #596 on: October 13, 2012, 08:21:46 AM »
Who's Colin Firth?
Yeah, I know: 'Leto, Google's your friend', but still I don't get it. :)

Oh Leto, Google is only good for the facts.  This is about dreams... ladies of a certain age fell in love with him when he played the lead role of Mr Darcy in the BBC series of "Pride and Prejudice".  You probably know him as the fellow who won an oscar for this portrayal of King George IV in "The King's Speech" a couple of years ago.

But for us older (and even some younger) ladies, there has never been a more broodlingly handsome Mr Darcy on the silver screen or TV.  Mind you, if Hugh Jackman played the role, I might shift my allegiance.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #597 on: October 18, 2012, 07:31:23 AM »
My nickname is pretty recent, hence the 2012. A friend and I agreed on it for the blog she writes. We figured Magpie because I tend to chatter a lot and I'm often distracted by shiny objects ;D Usually I use RavenAngel888 and you can find me by that username on the official Sims 3 forum. That one is simply because I adore ravens and angels and 8 is a spiritual number so I figured 888 had a nice kick to it.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Markel1970A

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #598 on: October 27, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »
In other words: where did your name came from? Why did you choose that one?

Thank you Telsey for putting the idea of this topic somehow in my head.

To start with mine: Leto came from the book Dune. I know there is also a Jared Leto (who is named after me :P) and a female Leto person in the Greek mythologie, but originally Leto came from Dune. 85 is the year I was born. 1985, for in case someone wanted to know that more precise.

My name is basically my first name IRL merged with my last name's first letter (as I say it "Ell") and my birthyear 1970, and A is for my middle name. I came up with it when I got into Youtube and I use it for my main X-Box 360 account.

Offline Nullam

• Nooboo
« Reply #599 on: November 14, 2012, 12:12:16 AM »
If any of you know what SecondLife is, it's how I got mine. One of my friends called me a Queen (hum...im guessing the sites pg but it starts with a B lol), and I loved it, so I went to make a new avatar with that name but there were like 50,000 . So I went to Google translate and I translated the English to a bunch of languages and I went to Latin and I was like, wow I love it! So thats how I got Nullam :D

anything