Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 199204 times)

Offline Aqua01

• Townie
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #510 on: June 01, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »
Aqua is one of my many favorite colors, and 1 is my favorite number.  Pretty complicated, but not so much as Pam's.  ;)
"Holding Eleanor's hand was like holding a butterfly.  Or a heartbeat.  Like holding something complete, and completely alive."
-Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #511 on: June 03, 2012, 02:56:57 PM »
I got nothing on mine, I am a pretty random spastic person so that explains it. Even though I hate eating with sporks. *Shrug*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sara2573

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #512 on: June 04, 2012, 11:58:42 AM »
I got nothing on mine, I am a pretty random spastic person so that explains it. Even though I hate eating with sporks. *Shrug*

I like your name...even though I have never even seen a spork.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.  :D

Leto85

« Reply #513 on: June 04, 2012, 02:47:42 PM »
I like your name...even though I have never even seen a spork.

It's a combination of a fork and an spoon, if I'm correctly. Kind of like a spoon, with those fork endings on the... end.
It's hard to explain, really. :P

GoldenGuy

« Reply #514 on: June 06, 2012, 01:17:20 AM »
My great great grandfather's sister's aunt's daughter's cousin's great great grandchild (me) crossed the frigid Atlantic in 1999 running away from oppression in Yugalslavia to the free land of America and I stopped in Ireland on my way and made it to the end of a rainbow and as the first boy ever to get the pot of gold the leperchaun's labeled me GoldenGuy. And it's stuck with my ever since.

Leto85

« Reply #515 on: June 06, 2012, 06:34:54 AM »
My great great grandfather's sister's aunt's daughter's cousin's great great grandchild (me) crossed the frigid Atlantic in 1999 running away from oppression in Yugalslavia to the free land of America and I stopped in Ireland on my way and made it to the end of a rainbow and as the first boy ever to get the pot of gold the leperchaun's labeled me GoldenGuy. And it's stuck with my ever since.

Alright then! That's one of the more amazing stories to came up with a nickname over here! :O
Welcome to the forum.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #516 on: June 06, 2012, 08:25:18 AM »
Here's a picture of a spork for those who do not know what it is. A combined spoon, knife and fork.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Salome Toums

• Nooboo
« Reply #517 on: June 07, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
Salome Toums is not my real name.  It's my pseudonym. 

The name Salome is from the bible.  It means Peace.  Ironically...Salome was the wife of King Harrod who ordered the beheading of John the Baptist (what a woman, eh?).  I chose it mainly for the meaning, and not so much the biblical history.

Offline Luisa V

• Nooboo
« Reply #518 on: June 08, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »
It's so interesting to read where everyone comes up with the inspiration for their names!

My profile name is one of my many names - probably my favorite. Luisa just sounds so pretty to me.

Leto85

« Reply #519 on: June 09, 2012, 09:00:01 AM »
Salome Toums is not my real name.  It's my pseudonym. 

The name Salome is from the bible.  It means Peace.  Ironically...Salome was the wife of King Harrod who ordered the beheading of John the Baptist (what a woman, eh?).  I chose it mainly for the meaning, and not so much the biblical history.

I thought already I've recognised your name from somewhere.
My name is actually mythological. But in my case Leto WAS a woman. Guess my parents wanted a daughter. :P

Welcome to the forum. And for you too Luisa. French, am I right?

D4rkN1X

« Reply #520 on: June 11, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »
Let's just say, the first incarnation, DarkBr33D originated from the "Creatures Exodus" branch of the first commercial artificial life franchise, involving gremlin-esque, subsentient, furry creatures called, Norns. The name DarkBr33D was the name I used to register my worlds for Docking Station. The name evolved with elite-speak, with Spore in 2009, as DarkBr33D. The same name was used for thesims3.com, in 2010 and a year later, D4rkN1X on modthesims.info. That's why I chose this name, to retain my internet dynasty.

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #521 on: June 11, 2012, 02:56:50 PM »
My name came from me liking unicorns and water :)
I love rain!

Offline napoleonwrasse

• Townie
  • I'm a long time simmer who mostly builds.
    • Sims 3 Houses and Misc. items
« Reply #522 on: June 18, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »
Mine comes from my favorite saltwater bony fish. They are awesome, huge, and wacky.

sddwe1

« Reply #523 on: June 19, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »
I have absolutely no idea where my username hails from. I think it was 6 years ago, and I was really obsessed with a classic sci-fi movie series (Can I say copyrighted things here?) I was signing up for my first MMORPG and was trying names from this series. They didn't work. But somehow I stumbled onto "Sddwe1" and stuck with it ever since.

frozenbeat

« Reply #524 on: June 19, 2012, 12:13:25 PM »
my :'( username came from *sobs*
my previous experiences with love and life

frozenbeat ->> short for a frozen heart beat,
in a literary point of view, it's like saying I've been hurt a lot and sad with love and life
but this doesn't mean I have to stop living my life.
It just means I'm stopping my heart from falling in love again, soon. *fingers crossed*
All the pains and heartaches, I've frozen them. So you can not hear a beat of my heart.

I'll be waiting for that someone that will melt the frozen beat of my heart,
but for now, I'm just enjoying the moment. Live. Laugh. Life.
There are still good things that in life!
One of which is playing Sims 3. Oh yeah! ;D

World Peace.

anything