Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 327230 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Goodbyes
« Reply #390 on: March 04, 2014, 07:44:53 PM »

Okay, um, I did not see that coming. Nice job pulling one over on us, Livvie!  8) At least, I hope he's really alive (which it sounds like he is based on your comments) and not just a drunken illusion. I mean, that would just be jerking our hearts around if he's not!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #391 on: March 04, 2014, 09:21:27 PM »
Interesting ghost presence.  Nice transitional chapter making her more of an independent character given that she'd been defined through other people through much of her time in the legacy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
« Reply #392 on: March 05, 2014, 02:21:56 AM »
I'm betting Mary's extensions that Noten is alive. Well, I don't particularly hate you, just sort of.  ;D
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #393 on: March 05, 2014, 12:19:48 PM »
Okay, um, I did not see that coming. Nice job pulling one over on us, Livvie!  8) At least, I hope he's really alive (which it sounds like he is based on your comments) and not just a drunken illusion. I mean, that would just be jerking our hearts around if he's not!
Not spoiling anything, but saying he's a drunken illusion isn't quite right, but he isn't exactly alive either. My comments are more towards certain other past characters. Well, I guess you'll just have to see. :)

Interesting ghost presence.  Nice transitional chapter making her more of an independent character given that she'd been defined through other people through much of her time in the legacy.
I'm working on it, it's not an easy task, but hopefully she'll claim her own independence soon.

I'm betting Mary's extensions that Noten is alive. Well, I don't particularly hate you, just sort of.  ;D
Well, he's not... really, not quite... I can't explain it without ruining it. Me telling you he's alive would be lying, basically. My comments were based towards (and I should have been clearer) other past character reunions. Anywho, I'm working on the chapter as I type this, so I'll get back to doing that so I don't have to make any more awkward faux pas on my story, haha.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Return to Paradise
« Reply #394 on: March 05, 2014, 06:15:50 PM »
Return to Paradise
The return to Isla Paradiso was not one chosen lightly by Palmira. She made the choice to respond to Queen Carolina based off of the notion that Edward just might say yes. Palmira had, of course, worried about her homeland when Carolina wrote to her, but it wasn't enough that she wanted to lose any more of her loved ones to them. Now she stood in an uncomfortable position between a rock and a hard place. Edward wants to join the cause, citing that Noten would have wanted him to follow his heart, and that his heart told him to do so, and Palmira simply couldn't argue with that.
Palmira longed for Noten on those days. Raising a son had not been easy, but raising him without his father made it much harder.
Palmira had been expecting to hear from Mary before long, but when Mylee arrived alone it made Palmira question her abilities as a mother. She had rushed off to ensure one child was ok before even realizing that the other might need her more. The news of Thomas' death arrived with Mylee and Palmira nearly collapsed with pain for her daughter. How could she have just assumed Mary was ok? Palmira was just about to book a ticket back when Queen Carolina's messengers arrived declaring the summons of Palmira to court to meet with the Queen.
She sighed heavily and put on the one dress she owned. Her favorite dress that she refused to ever give up. Most may call it tacky to wear your wedding dress everywhere, but at least it didn't look too openly like one. She marched her way to the castle, trying to not let her resolve wear down too quickly when she saw an older woman walking around outside.

This was odd, was the Queen taking other visitors? She could barely make out what the woman was saying: "Please, please I need help, I just need to find my son." Her cries were desperate, but it touched Palmira as she thought about what she would do if she lost Edward.

Palmira climbed the steps and planned to approach the woman kindly.

The woman looked well dressed, compared to how she imagined someone begging might, but that didn't change her mind. As she grew closer she could see the woman latching on to anyone - just anyone who would listen to her story.
It didn't take but a moment of spotting Palmira that the woman jumped into action.
"Please, please, I just need to find my son, please." She cried to her, panic coating her voice. "I haven't seen him in years, I couldn't get to him with the planes not flying here. Please I just need to find him-"

"Calm down," Palmira spoke softly. "I haven't been here in a little while myself, so if he's a recent arrival I might not be able to help him. I'm here to see Queen Carolina - she has a lot of other things on her mind, but I might be able to have her take a look, ok?"
The woman's lips trembled but she gently nodded. "He isn't so recent here... I just feel like such a terrible mother." Tears fell from her eyes. "I should have realized something was wrong when he didn't respond. I shouldn't have just assumed..."
Palmira felt a twinge of guilt in herself as she thought of Mary. "No one understands that better than I." She said honestly.
"Mom! Mom what are you doing? You're going to get in trouble out here." A voice called from down the steps. He approached her and put a hand on her shoulder. Palmira was a little confused, was this her missing son? "I'm really sorry about this..." He said looking apologetic. "Mom, come on, Glitch is worried about you."

"Look mom, we're not going to find Noten that way, ok? We'll just have to keep looking." Palmira frozen in place as the man looked at her, "I'm sorry again, I'm Atrox, and this is my mother, Emrin." 
Palmira froze in place. "What did you say?" She asked breathlessly.
"Sorry, my mom is just looking for my brother. He came here a while ago and well... we haven't heard from him since. It's probably a fool's errand but-"
Palmira spoke with a steady and fierce tone. "What was his name," She began to tremble, her voice broke, "again please?"
The woman, Emrin, looked hopeful, "Noten. Noten Reaper." She said with wide eyes. "Do you know him?" A smile broke across her lips. Even the stern Atrox with oddly-colored hair looked at her intensely.

Palmira's knees felt weak. She put her hand to her head. "You're... Noten's mother... and brother?" She breathed, tears swelling her eyes.
They both looked at her, unblinking.
"Noten Reaper..." Palmira said as tears came to her eyes. "He was killed," it took all of her might to say the word, "in battle at the height of the revolution." She had never fully said it outloud to anyone. She thought it would have been easier when the time came, but watching the looks on both Emrin and Atrox as their faces fell - Emrin's to sadness and Atrox's to anger - made it seem as though she were choking on air.
Emrin was the first to break the silence as tears fell from her eyes. "My Noten... my sweet, baby boy."
Atrox's face twitched into a snarl as he watched his mother grieve. "You liar." He looked furious as he clenched his jaw.
Palmira stood there, stunned. "I'm so sorry." She tried to say.
"How do you even know?!" Atrox bellowed at her. "How can we be sure she's telling the truth!?" He said to Emrin that time.
"I-I was his-" She tried to say, but someone called to her.
"Palmira Reaper? Is that you?" Carolina called from the bottom of the stairs, she was holding her grandson. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to keep you waiting."

Her name being announced caused Atrox to drop his look of anger to that of unreadable shock. Palmira dropped to a low bow, lower than she normally would as she just couldn't stand much longer. "Your majesty," she said with a shaky voice. "This is Emrin and Atrox Reaper. They have come questioning about," she swallowed and exhaled, finding his name even harder to say now, "Noten."
Carolina looked pained when Palmira said his name. "I'm so sorry," she turned to Atrox and Emrin who were now bowing as well and gave them a soft nod of her head in her Queenly manner. "I'm truly sorry about your loss. Your timing is impeccable I suppose, seeing as Palmira had left the country recently to get away from it all, now she has returned to advise me in this upcoming war I face. I'm sure that, while it still hurts, hearing it from his wife is much better than hearing it from a complete stranger to him."
Emrin's face dropped to a look of pain. "My poor child." She said softly, reaching over to Palmira. It took her a second to realize that Emrin was talking about her, rather than Noten.
Carolina's face fell again. "Oh my - you weren't finished talking. I'm so sorry. I can be quite the talker. Why don't we go upstairs and discuss this more in my office?"
They all shambled upstairs in silence, except for Queen Carolina who continued to talk about the architecture and ask a few questions about their journeys which they all responded with one word or just a nod.
They all gathered into the small office and found places to sit except for Palmira who couldn't seem to move any more chose to stand.

The Queen spoke up again, "Noten was such a great man. I attribute him and Palmira's father to being great heroes of the revolution, though both ended up giving their lives."

Emrin stared at Palmira intensely, "I want to know more about my son. What happened to him? Was he happy?"
Palmira looked down, "Noten was everything to me." She whispered. "He took me in after my father was executed. He was patient, kind and loving in so many ways I had never seen in another person before. After my father was killed by the F.D.S. and blamed for the bombing I didn't want to carry on. I didn't want to get out of bed anymore. I was just a teenager at the time, and I was more alone than ever, but he never left. When my birthday came, and I grew into an adult, we decided to wed. We were never married legally, or in a church - no. It was just him and I on the beach," she continued looking at the ground while she smiled and half of an airy laugh escaped her lips, she finally looked straight up at the ceiling and blinked furiously to prevent tears, "under the stars. I wouldn't change it though. Me in this ragged dress, him in those khakis and a shirt... it was perfect."

Everyone in the room seemed entranced by her tale, she continued. "We rejoined up with the rebellion, the group my father had started and continued to push to overthrow the F.D.S., but I soon fell pregnant and that changed everything. I was sickly, malnourished and my father's friend..." Her lip twitched up into a scowl when she remembered his name. "Ruben, took me to see his wife Mylee who had been a nurse. Mylee told me that my pregnancy could be fatal to me and our child because of my condition, but I remember telling her I was having this baby no matter what." Palmira smiled, "and Noten - Noten had never been angry with me before that moment. He was so mad that I made that decision without him, he said he didn't know what he would do if he lost me. But now that I think about it, that's something I should have thought about in regards to him." Her voice fell pained again, and sadness returned. "Because losing him was the most horrible day in my entire life."
Emrin reached out to her but she was stopped when the door came wide open.

"Hi mom." Mary whispered. Palmira didn't have to turn around to know the sound of her daughter's voice that caused tears to spill over in her eyes. Palmira jerked around quickly.
"Oh... Mary." She ran and embraced her. "I'm so sorry. I should have stayed with you when you needed me most."

"I'm sorry mom, you didn't know." Mary fought off tears herself. Everyone sat still for a moment as the two embraced each other. "Am I interrupting something? I'm sorry."
Carolina stood, "No, no, Mary, come in. I think you should meet -"
"Well gee, Queen C. You sure know how to throw a party!" Edward laughed wholeheartedly.

Carolina's eyes went big for a moment before she laughed loudly. "Well, the gang's all here. I'll let you all talk it out, and when you have a moment, can I speak with you Mary?"
Mary nodded and the Queen excused herself.
Palmira went and embraced her son. "Edward..."
They pulled away and Palmira hit him. "Hey! What was that for mom?"
"What you did was crazy and stupid." She said to him sharply.
Mary rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders. "I tried to warn him, mom."
And for a minute, the three of them almost forgot they had ever left this place. It wasn't until Emrin stood up that everyone was pulled out of their memories.

She walked slowly over to Edward and reached out to touch his face. Edward was a little bit in shock from it all, but he stayed still. She whispered with sadness dripping from her voice, "you look so much like my son Noten."
Palmira stepped up closer. "Emrin, this is my first son, Edward. He takes after his father in more ways than one." She smiled at her son, almost forgetting she was angry with him, "Edward, this is your grandmother, Emrin. She was your father's mother."

The two stared at each other for a moment before Palmira made a notion to Atrox. "This is your uncle, Atrox. They've both come here inquiring about your father. As you remember there was a ban on flights, letters, messages of any kind, so they were very much in the dark about everything." Edward's face fell as his mother explained this.
The emotional silence carried on for a moment, but it was lifted by Edward - of all people. "I'm sorry you didn't hear from my father," he began softly. "He was a great man, I aspire to be more like him, and I can assure you, the person who killed him is in the ground now." He said the last part with gritted teeth. Palmira exhaled harshly with disappointment.
"I told you not to do that."
"What happened?" Emrin asked kindly, but with a sad curiosity. Edward and Palmira shared a look, trying to decide who should explain it, but Palmira won out in the end.
"My father's friend was a traitor. I was very pregnant with Mary when he and Noten took off for a final stand against the leaders of the F.D.S. Ruben," she spat his name rather than saying it clearly, "betrayed our confidence, he warned the F.D.S. ahead of time, then he shot my husband in the back." Palmira's face was twisted with anger, like she had almost forgot who she was talking to.
Edward put a hand on her shoulder, then continued for her. "Ruben was able to escape the country with the help of F.D.S. before they were overthrown. I discovered that he was a lot closer than I thought, and I made sure that he didn't get to see another day of his new life."
Mary had been standing in the back of the room by the door, she sensed that Edward and her mother were about to fight about this, so she snuck out to the balcony.
"Hello Mary." Queen Carolina greeted her. "It's really good to see you again, I hope all is well."
"Yes, it is." Mary lied, she didn't want to have to explain anything to anyone else, it was just easier to lie.
"I'm glad. I would like to discuss some strategies with you. I was recommend you as you were the brightest in your class, James." She teased.
Mary smiled lightly, "I'll do what I can to help, but I can't make many promises. I really just came here to see my mom and brother and make sure they were well."
Carolina nodded. "I understand, but I hope you'll consider it?"
"Of course your majesty." Mary went to bow, but the Queen pulled her into a hug.

"You're always welcome here Mary. Don't forget that."
Mary tried her best not to let her crumbling emotions show, she only nodded. The Queen waved her goodbye and left Mary to regather herself in the open air. She could hear Edward and her mother yelling from in the room and she felt bad for her grandma and uncle, as they must have front-row seats to the show that Mary was so used to. She inhaled the salty sea air and thought of Thomas. It wouldn't be easy, but life would go on. Mary spent her life letting others help her choose who she was, and Thomas was no different. She was ready for a change; she was ready to define herself.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #395 on: March 05, 2014, 08:06:00 PM »
Liv, those are some awesome updates!  Kudos on working around the glitch and creating such a great story!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #396 on: March 05, 2014, 09:07:26 PM »
Just loved Edward's casual entrance.  He's so cool!  I like Mary, but Ed was actually my choice  :=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #397 on: March 06, 2014, 02:29:58 PM »
Palmira is gorgeous as ever. As soon as I saw the hair I recognized Atrox! And Emrin! It's so awesome how you brought them back and tied them back into the story line. I'm sorry that they had to meet Palmira in that way, but at least they got to meet her and hear what a great man their son had become. Edward looked so cool when came in through the door!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: March 06, 2014, 06:55:29 PM »

This was such a sweet update: all the reunions, yay! It's nice to see the family coming together to support each other, and that Mary is finally going to step into her own. Eager to see where she goes from here.

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #399 on: March 06, 2014, 08:09:25 PM »
Wow back to Isla Paradiso, I didn't expect to be going back there. I loved this reunion scene though. It was so great to see Emrin and Atrox again and it was very emotional.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2014, 03:40:36 AM »
Finally all caught up and I...I just....

Really, I'm an emotional wreck right now. Complete and total wreck. First you bring Noten back for a surprise appearance that made me gasp and my eyes totally watered up. Then you killed off Thomas (more tears), then this whole growth with Mary is just absolutely phenomonal! And Emrin...And Atrox....I was no good by the time they showed up. I was flailing and squealing and breathing heavily as I speed read the rest of the chapter (Edward's appearance was awesome. So casual. I love him to death). I wish we could have seen Glitch though! Hopefully he'll show up next chapter, yeah?

Your writing makes me seriously doubt my own, Liv, you know that? Like...it's ridiculous how you manage to write these characters in such an endearing way that we all get so attached and our emotions flair up Noten's ghostly cameo (or not ghost? Resurrected perhaps maybe? I hope? PLEASE?). You're absolutely incredible and I hope to high heaven that your game stops freaking out so you can continue to play this story! I would be devastated if it ended. And, random side note, I saw that purple plumbob over the queen. Where's the genie you had ensorceling her? =p The problems you had with Edward and Thomas disappearing happened to me in my old Morae legacy too, btw. So I know how it feels.
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2014, 01:29:45 PM »
Finally all caught up and I...I just....

Really, I'm an emotional wreck right now. Complete and total wreck. First you bring Noten back for a surprise appearance that made me gasp and my eyes totally watered up. Then you killed off Thomas (more tears), then this whole growth with Mary is just absolutely phenomonal! And Emrin...And Atrox....I was no good by the time they showed up. I was flailing and squealing and breathing heavily as I speed read the rest of the chapter (Edward's appearance was awesome. So casual. I love him to death). I wish we could have seen Glitch though! Hopefully he'll show up next chapter, yeah?
Glitch is there, I was just already struggling to balance 8+ Sims.  No worries, he will make an appearance. You want to know what else bothers me about Sim's glitches? Whenever you save a plumbot as part of the family and place them down again, the plumbots look gets randomized, so I have to dig through all the parts to make him look like Glitch - every time.

Your writing makes me seriously doubt my own, Liv, you know that? Like...it's ridiculous how you manage to write these characters in such an endearing way that we all get so attached and our emotions flair up Noten's ghostly cameo (or not ghost? Resurrected perhaps maybe? I hope? PLEASE?).
Aw, you seriously flatter me, you really shouldn't doubt your own writing though! It takes a lot of time to get people involved with characters, I'm only on my 5th generation, so I've had 5 previous generations to work that one out. :) As for Noten, I'm trying to work out a way I might possibly resurrect him, I mean, it's thoroughly a possibility in my mind because we have yet to see someone else very important make a cameo anyways, and while I'm juggling with getting everything back into place in Barnacle Bay so they can return there eventually, though I might just give up on that town because it happened twice there. In two brand spanking new versions of the town. Which is unbelievable. I'll work something out though.

You're absolutely incredible and I hope to high heaven that your game stops freaking out so you can continue to play this story! I would be devastated if it ended. And, random side note, I saw that purple plumbob over the queen. Where's the genie you had ensorceling her? =p The problems you had with Edward and Thomas disappearing happened to me in my old Morae legacy too, btw. So I know how it feels.
Drat. I've been discovered. Well, I knew it couldn't last forever. Precious was the genie Noten freed at the beginning of his stay in I.P. She's the reason I've been able to juggle these story lines without having 10+ Sims in my household. I've been so careful to keep those purple plumbobs out and keep her well away from everyone else, but it was just too hard when I was juggling 8 Sims and Bear that last go round and trying to keep them from all running away the second their ensorcelment ended meant sacrificing secrecy. I just don't want to add any more large mods I have to worry about (such as portrait panel and all the other ones to make having more than 8 Sims work), so I just juggle the two households. One had Emrin, Glitch, Atrox and Atrox's wife (soon to make a cameo as well, along with a picture of their child - PS. Atrox's wife is a townie from another town. *evilgrins* I put so much planning into this), and the other has Edward, Palmira, Mary, Mylee, Precious and Bear. I could merge them, but then Precious would be useless as you can't ensorcel Sims in a full house, and I need to make sure the Queen does what I want, when I want, and now I'm possibly bringing back another few characters, so we'll see how it goes.
*Phew*
I knew if someone was going to find me out it would be you, haha.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #402 on: March 12, 2014, 01:37:34 PM »
Way to amused by the fact that you split my one comment into three parts to respond XD I ramble...a lot. XD I'll keep this one short and say that I'm super excited to see Atrox's family and more reunions...and if Noten is not this important sim that's coming back, I have no idea who it could be.

You are a brave person for not only juggling so many people, but also going back to IP, the glitchest town in the entire franchise. But I know all to well the problem with having to manipulate so many Sims at once. For my story, I recently made....9 more sims? I think about 9 that I have to bring in at some point, in addition to 6 I already control. >.<
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Gift
« Reply #403 on: March 12, 2014, 07:22:22 PM »
Way to amused by the fact that you split my one comment into three parts to respond XD I ramble...a lot. XD I'll keep this one short and say that I'm super excited to see Atrox's family and more reunions...and if Noten is not this important sim that's coming back, I have no idea who it could be.

You are a brave person for not only juggling so many people, but also going back to IP, the glitchest town in the entire franchise. But I know all to well the problem with having to manipulate so many Sims at once. For my story, I recently made....9 more sims? I think about 9 that I have to bring in at some point, in addition to 6 I already control. >.<
Just like to make sure I address all of the comment, that's all. :) Oh, there's more than one important Sim coming back, but I won't say anything. It's difficult, but I finally broke down and just added them all to one family, and man is that easier. IP is very glitchy and laggy, but I've never lost a Sim there yet, so I prefer it to Barnacle Bay at the moment. Haha, best of luck with those extra 9 Sims and remember you're not the only one! I feel your pain!

Liv, those are some awesome updates!  Kudos on working around the glitch and creating such a great story!
Thank you kindly! It wasn't easy and I'm not sure if I'll be able to go back to BB again, but I'll keep trying.

Just loved Edward's casual entrance.  He's so cool!  I like Mary, but Ed was actually my choice  :=)
Edward is one of my favorites, and secretly I was rooting for him too. ;)

Palmira is gorgeous as ever. As soon as I saw the hair I recognized Atrox! And Emrin! It's so awesome how you brought them back and tied them back into the story line. I'm sorry that they had to meet Palmira in that way, but at least they got to meet her and hear what a great man their son had become. Edward looked so cool when came in through the door!
Palmira is always gorgeous. She just knows how to rock style. Yeup! They're back for a while, and so will be a few others, the reunion is most certainly not over yet. (evilgrins). Edward is my Jack Sparrow character. He just knows how to make an entrance.

This was such a sweet update: all the reunions, yay! It's nice to see the family coming together to support each other, and that Mary is finally going to step into her own. Eager to see where she goes from here.
Thank you so much! Mary will step out on her own, but I have one more chapter not quite centered on our heroine, then it's back to her being awesome.

Wow back to Isla Paradiso, I didn't expect to be going back there. I loved this reunion scene though. It was so great to see Emrin and Atrox again and it was very emotional.
It wasn't an easy choice, but it beat trying to deal with all the bugs in Barnacle Bay! I'm so glad you liked it. :) Thank you very much for your kind words.

Thank you to all who have stuck around so long, I'm sorry I've been sporadic in posting, and now, I'm sure this is a chapter everyone as been waiting on for a long time, so I should just get to it.

The Gift
After speaking with the Queen, Mary wandered back to her old home for a while, she needed some time to lay out and think. Palmira stayed with Edward and her newfound family until it grew dark. Edward took off for the King's chambers, but Palmira felt she owed it to Emrin and Atrox to walk them to the place they were staying.
Emrin was muttering a few things under her breath and Atrox was mostly silent for the walk. The house - provided by Queen Carolina - was just down the road from the old house she had set aside for Palmira to raise her children in with Mylee. The memories were a small reminder of the way this place used to be - and the reasons why she left.
Palmira was stunned to see a Robot outside waiting for them, she looked around and wondered if she was just seeing things. It wasn't until she saw Atrox waving at the metal that she started to understand. Noten had said his childhood was unconventional, but Palmira never thought it was this unconventional.
A sweet blond woman was also waiting outside. It wasn't long after their arrival that Atrox embraced the blond while the most interesting exchange occurred between the robot and Emrin.

While it was shocking to Palmira at first, she began to see it as the same thing she was seeing in Atrox and the woman she assumed was his wife.

Yes, love was all around her and it made her feel even more lonely than she had before. She shifted uncomfortably for a moment. When Emrin broke free of her embrace she settled into a explaining shortly what had happened. The robot - who had been addressed as being Glitch - looked at her with complete sympathy. Palmira had no idea Robots could even feel, let alone feel empathy for others. The blond girl looked completely shocked, only uttering a few words to Atrox. "I'm... I'm so sorry sweetheart, are you ok?" She looked overwhelmed and worry covered her pretty face.

Atrox looked at his wife kindly and smiled. "I'm ok, especially since I came home to you." He said sweetly, and Palmira could feel it in his words - he and Noten truly were brothers. The thought brought a soft smile to her face.
Emrin soon spoke up softly, she looked dazed. "I need to make a phone call... Glitch, help me please?" She asked kindly, and the robot tended to her and helped her to start walking inside. Emrin turned quickly, "do you think you can show me his... grave... tomorrow?" She asked, addressing Palmira.
"Of course." Palmira nodded, still feeling uncomfortable and out of place amongst this loving family.

Glitch and Emrin disappeared into the house, and Palmira watched them go until Atrox grabbed her attention. "Palmira, this is my wife, Amelia." He said making a gesture to the pretty blond woman.
Palmira went to extend her hand but was instead pulled into an embrace. "I'm so truly sorry to hear about what happened..." Amelia whispered to her. "I can't imagine the pain you must feel."

Her forwardness caught Palmira off-guard, but she simply smiled. "Thank you for your kindness, it's nice to meet you Amelia."
Amelia easily stepped into making conversation after that, mainly out of concern for the lineage being passed suddenly to her child who had no idea there was even a legacy to be passed.
"No, no, my daughter Mary has taken the reins. She never met her father, but she seems to be handling her responsibilities well." Palmira said kindly, not giving away anything about her daughter that she didn't have to.
"I'm so sorry, that must be awful for her to be raised without a father... Forgive me if I touched on a weird subject, it's just that we worried we might have left the fate of a legacy in our party-animal daughter's hands. Kaida is sweet, but she's not ready for such a responsibility." Amelia looked embarrassed.
Palmira completely understood that reaction as she thought of her own Edward. "Do you have a picture of her? I'd much like to see her."
This perked Amelia right back up, she elbowed Atrox who soon pulled out his wallet to reveal his only daughter.

Palmira looked at her in awe for a moment. "She's beautiful."
Atrox looked at his wife lovingly, "takes after her mom." Palmira smiled at them, wondering if this is how everyone perceived her with Noten - his sweet compliments overwhelming the men of the room and inciting envy in the women.
Amelia looked at Palmira softly, "would you mind bringing Edward and Mary for me to meet tomorrow? I would really like a chance to meet them."
Palmira nodded, "of course, we'll all stop by tomorrow, it will be good for us to go visit Noten again." She smiled sadly. Amelia's face twisted into sadness and an awkward silence loomed for a moment longer before Palmira excused herself to get home. They said their goodbyes and Amelia hugged her once again.
Palmira went home and slept with her children on the silly bunkbed once again.

The next day came and Palmira rounded up her adult children to visit their extended family.

All was quiet in the morning as they walked towards the door. They were greeted by Glitch who introduced himself and encouraged them to join with he and Emrin in the living room. They all sat and Glitch gave Emrin a reassuring squeeze.

"Thank you for coming today." Emrin said quietly, "I think it's time I came clean about my conversation I had last night. As you're well aware, my lineage stems from a line in a legacy, a very large one." Emrin stated, "how aware are you of the gifts my family has?"
Palmira vowed to do most of the talking, since Edward was barely awake and Mary was still uncomfortable coming forward after saying goodbye to Thomas. She was confused though, she knew her family lineage tied to Noten was filled with stories of magic and Watcher's interference, but in all honesty she thought it was just nonsense. "I'm sorry... gifts?"
"My grandmother Agnes was the founder of our great line, revered far across the land as one of the most powerful magic-bearers of all time. It has passed from generation to generation, but it fizzled out prior to me. My mom did not directly inherit the gift, but her sister was supposedly blessed with it. My Aunt Raven was a funny woman, spending most of her time bent over a cauldron rather than at her spells - but she did have a son. My cousin Falor inherited her magic-prowess that was gifted to her directly by the Watcher. Falor honed his magic to a fine point, and used it to resurrect his now-wife Demi after she was killed by the same Dexter who wishes to start a war with your Queen."
Palmira's head was spinning, Mary and she shared a look that agreed that they were both in over their heads, while Edward was casually reclining in his seat, half-snoozing with a bright grin.

Emrin continued, "so I called my cousin Falor and confessed to him my great distraught at discovering my Son's death. I pleaded with him to come here and see what he could do."
This woke Edward up. He sat up entirely and looked at Emrin for a long second the room was silent as they waited for him to speak. "Hold on..." He held a finger up as he waited for words to form in his mouth. "So my great-something-uncle can raise people from the dead because my great-something-grandmother was one of the most powerful being that ever existed?" He paused for a moment and looked down. "I wish I would've known that sooner - imagine all the girls I could've picked up with that!"
Emrin and Glitch snickered at that while Palmira put her head in her hands. "Edward..." Palmira groaned. "I'm sorry, please go on, Emrin."

Glitch took the conversation from there. "Falor was unsure if he would be able to do anything, and he warned us ahead of time. He said there was a good chance there was nothing he could do at all, but that he needed to consult with someone first before arriving. His plane is set to arrive today, as it should have left last night."
Everyone was quiet for a moment, Palmira looked down at the floor and finally asked, "what does this mean?"
Emrin and Glitch looked at each other, and Glitch spoke again, "it means we could be reunited with Noten again, if Falor is to succeed."
The conversation grew quiet again. Mary was the one who spoke this time: "when will he arrive?"
Glitch's eyes shook for a moment before he looked at her again, "in about ten minutes, assuming all went well."
Everyone finally quieted as they sat. They would occasionally ask a few questions about the whereabouts of Atrox and Amelia or if someone slept well, but for the most part the group sat in silence as time ticked by.
Ten minutes seemed to go on forever, so did fifteen, and then twenty. Glitch was about to make a phone call when the door suddenly propped open.

A graceful older man swooped in through the door and walked with pride. He held on to a cane that he didn't appear to need, but it made him appear all the more elegant.

"Falor!" Emrin stood up quickly and went to embrace her cousin. "I'm so glad you could make it." She mumbled to him. "We're about to head off to Noten's grave if you would come with us."

Falor gave a soft smile, "I'm afraid I don't think I can." He started. "You see, there's simply no way I can raise him." Falor confessed.
"Why not?!" Emrin said, her voice crumbling. "You raised Demi, didn't you?"
Falor looked away, "I did, but it was merely by luck I was able to do so. You need to be given the gift by the Watcher in order to possess magic great enough to fully bring someone back. Demi was my soul-mate, no - she was my world at the time, so that made up the difference and allowed me to successfully raise her. It's just not possible for me to do." Falor said softly.
Emrin stepped aside breathlessly. Even Palmira felt crushed by his words.
Falor looked at everyone in the room, "so I decided to consult with someone who can." He started, "wait here."
And just like that, the graceful man who had been the reason for hope had left, causing a crushing feeling in Palmira's chest, yet when he returned, he wasn't alone, he lovingly helped an older woman across the threshold.

Palmira looked to others in the room for clues to who she was, but all she saw was pure shock on the faces of Emrin and Glitch.

Emrin began to stutter, "Gran-grandmother?"

She quickly went to embrace the older woman. "How is this possible?!" There was disbelief amongst the room.
"Oh please, dear, I've been around for a long time before I started this legacy, do you honestly think I would just up and die?" Agnes chuckled roughly.
Edward grinned from across the way at his newfound relative - Agnes, "a woman after my own heart."

Agnes shook her head and laughed again, "oh dear Edward, you are quite the charmer, aren't you?" She teased, it took Edward back though, as she hadn't even been introduced to everyone yet she knew all of their names. "Mary, my heiress, come here my child." Mary slowly got up from her seat, looking a little shaken. "Don't be so frightened my dear, I don't bite. Come closer." Agnes reached out when Mary got close enough to her. "Aren't you a beautiful girl?" Agnes acknowledged. "There now, don't be shy, I have something for you."

Mary looked timid as Agnes suddenly put her hand on Mary's head. She drew a quick circle on Mary's forehead with her thumb. Mary's eyes went wide when Agnes pulled away suddenly.

"I feel... dizzy?" A light enveloped Mary as she started to stumble to the floor.

Her face developed markings that looked as though they had been burned onto her.

Everyone jumped up to go to her but Agnes held up her hand and they all stopped. "Calm now, she's ok. Edward, be a doll and move your sister to the couch. Now if everyone else would be so kind as to escort me to my Great-Grandson who could likely use a hand?"
Palmira, Emrin, Glitch and Falor gathered their things and helped Agnes out to a taxi to take them to the once familiar island while Edward stayed back to watch his sister as she lay unconscious on the couch.

After an hour, Mary started to stir. "Oh gee-" She sat up slowly, "my head really hurts."

As she sat up and rubbed her head, the tattoos that were there dissipated and melted into her skin.
Edward looked at his sister with wide eyes. "Uh... sis... what the heck happened to you?"
"What happened to me?" Mary asked confused before her memories flooded back... "what happened to me?!"
Edward smirked. "I don't know, what's why I asked you."

Mary stood to try to get her brother to talk more but she felt a strange pulse run through her that built up through her body quickly. She clenched her hands together and the force pushed them apart to reveal a bright pink apple now resting in her hands.

Edward looked at her with wide eyes, "uh, sis... did you just make an apple appear out of thin air?"
"I think I did." She said quietly.
"Well, my family just got weirder." Edward shrugged.
Mary rolled her eyes, "where did everyone else go?"
"Just to go resurrect our dad, you know, normal family stuff." Edward said with his witty smile.
"Wait, they weren't just pulling our legs about that? That is actually happening?"
"I think so." Edward said, more solemnly this time.
"When do you think they'll be back?"
Edward shook his head and looked at his sister. "I really don't know sis, I really don't know."

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Gift
« Reply #404 on: March 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »
Woot woot!!  Agnes brought the magic back!!!  Really nice having everyone gathered together like that.  It was like a forced family reunion.  Not cute and cheesy, just awesome  :=)

anything