Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942802 times)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9870 on: June 25, 2014, 11:07:55 PM »
Awesome, thanks.  I should read more stories.

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9871 on: June 26, 2014, 07:17:46 AM »
@FyreByrde: Both parents of an heir have to live in the household (with the exception being generation eight's parents, because generation seven has to be a woman who has a baby out of wedlock). Marriage is optional, living together is not.

Got it, thanks!

Well, now that all my queries are cleared, and I've located the super-patch, I'm almost good to go!
All I need to do now is deal with a stupid APPCRASH ( thing crashes every time I try to travel now, and getting worse.  >:( )

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline manicmondays

• The name? It's Ashley.
  • Nooboo
  • Simmer & Dynasty Enthusiast
« Reply #9872 on: June 26, 2014, 01:27:31 PM »
Hi,

So I have a question related to household matters that I did not see listed in the rules... (I may have missed it and I did not read through the entire thread so pardon me if the question has already been addressed) Are we allowed to clone an immortal or mortal that is already in the household using the Clone Voucher LTR? The clone would be used as a mortal helper in the household? I would like to check before I do this in my dynasty. Thanks.  :)
Works in Progress:

The Wintour Immortal Dynasty - Gen. 1

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9873 on: June 26, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »
Using the Clone Voucher is fine. Any method of cloning is fine, provided that you know that you're stuck with the clone once you add them to the household.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline QueenOfSquirrels

• Squirrel Enthusiast
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9874 on: June 27, 2014, 07:21:43 PM »
I have been having a traveling problem with my immortal dynasty after getting fixing the file that was corrupted. I was advised to come here for help with how to fix it. I have sent my married couple to France, and when they arrive, the game doesn't show that I have any sims, and I cannot interact with any objects. I exited and reloaded the game and tried again and the same thing happened. I tried clearing my cache files, and that didn't fix it either. Please give me any advice, and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I also have a topic in technical help about this.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9875 on: June 27, 2014, 07:29:21 PM »
@QueenOfSquirrels

Do you have a save before you travel?  If you do, you can go back to your previous save.

Offline QueenOfSquirrels

• Squirrel Enthusiast
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9876 on: June 27, 2014, 11:06:21 PM »
@QueenOfSquirrels

Do you have a save before you travel?  If you do, you can go back to your previous save.

I do have a previous save; the problem is that whenever my sims go to travel from now on, the same problem happens where my game doesn't eve detect that I have sims in my household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9877 on: June 28, 2014, 08:43:26 AM »
@QueenOfSquirrels

I read some posts on this bug, pasting it here hopefully you can get it fixed.  If not you either have to restart your entire dynasty or not travel at all.  Is not traveling possible?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you can reproduce the error every time you try after loading a backup, try switching active families, save the game, then switch back and go traveling again (Credit to davebignell)

Before going traveling, make sure to empty out any items from your family inventory, especially gifts you have received (Celebrity and otherwise). (Credit to DarkAmaranth1966)

Solution by QueenBeewannabeein the official US forum

Make a copy of your savegame folder
        Go to town edit mode
        Click on any random family in town and select them as your active household.
        Your active family should now be playable. If you look on the vacation tab that lets you know how much time is left at your destination that means you are good to go at the next step
        Click on phone, computer etc and "go home"
        Once you arrive home, your original sim family (the one that dissapeared) should be back in place.
        Your random sim family from vacation are also now added as members to the family.
        Simply kick out additional sim family and you will now have your original family safe and intact.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9878 on: June 28, 2014, 05:20:57 PM »
Mr. Softie and team decided that you are allowed to use Joria's edited buildings on your current immortal dynasty attempt.  Union Cove world is the exception to the no edit town rule after entering live.

Awesome! Thank you Mr Softie and team!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9879 on: June 29, 2014, 04:02:50 PM »
Mr. Softie and the team has given me permission to go in to all the buildings I created in Union Cove to edit them and make them a bit less graphics intensive, and to allow us all to use them legally in dynasties played in Union Cove..  I have finished 24 of them so far.  Here is the link! 

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jimwmftfbtopw/Union_Cove_Rebuilds

The "vanilla" version of Pier Fun O Won has now been added to the list.  I meant to do it before but had gotten involved in my on ID there, unfortunately, my pc ate all my UC files!  I don't know what happened exactly but my file got hung up somehow so, since I had chosen to save shortly before, I went into task manager to close the game down.  When I went back in, no Union Cove!  I checked my Sims3 folder under Saves but both of my Union Cove saves were gone.  I must have clicked delete or done something equally stupid but anyway it was back to square one.  Fortunately, I had saved all those buildings to my library and mediafire but it was still frustrating to have to go back in and replace everything plus lose my ID.  Ok, I was only on gen1 nooboo but still!

I only have one home, plus the more interactive version of the Pier to do.

EDIT:  Pier Fun O Won Interactive is now up.  The Toy Shop is now gone and was replaced by the Carousel, candy cart, popcorn cart and icy cart. 

The dress shop has been changed to a coffee bar, (Java Hut thing where you can buy coffees and treats), the bakers oven and is very Show Time oriented.  So your Sim can bake a pie or buy a cup of something yummy to drink or fix free juice and sit down and enjoy them.

The Tavern now has a dance floor and fewer items.  Outside of the Tavern there is a pizza oven and some tables and chairs where a covered dance floor once was.  There is also a vegetable cart.

The pool now has a life guard chair near by and a water slide.

The store that had ST items in it is gone and was replaced by a Hot Air balloon.

The Arcade still is an arcade but includes treat machines and bowling alley lanes but few arcade type machines.

There is a chess table and a gypsy fortune teller table.

The venue is still the same as it was but the entire pier is much more interactive with a lot more things for Sims townies to do.  You'll find a bar tender and a barista in two of the buildings, namely the Tavern and the Treat Shop.  I don't know if this will be a "legal" building for dynasty challenges or not but it sure was fun to remodel and I think you'll have a lot of fun playing with it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
  • I am the queen of genies FEAR ME
« Reply #9880 on: July 05, 2014, 12:17:18 PM »
I have only read the rules, so excuse me if I am asking a question that has already been answered.

Can my sims own a resort, not for the property, but just as a resort. Also, can additional lots be owned in the first place?

---Thanks for Reading---
Geniequeen122

P.S. Thanks in advance for anybody who answers my question

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9881 on: July 05, 2014, 12:29:03 PM »
You can own a resort. You can own buildings an properties that aren't a part of an heir's requirements, as long as you leave enough buildings and properties for heirs to buy as their requirements.

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #9882 on: July 06, 2014, 09:01:27 PM »
Is there a no-strategy-posts rule for the Dynasty challenges like there is for the Tournament challenges?  I'd like to write about or make videos of my Dynasty challenges if I ever do them.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9883 on: July 06, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »
Nope. Post all the strategy you want! Many dynasty players write stories to go along with their dynasties too, and videos are fine.

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #9884 on: July 09, 2014, 11:48:50 PM »
I have a rules question.  When moving in a spouse for my founder, am I allowed to move in the spouse's existing children as well?  (Obviously, they would be non-immortals.)  I'm going to assume yes because I couldn't find anything in the rules saying I can't, but I'd like a confirmation.