Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3012404 times)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3780 on: November 16, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum Agnes (never seen you around here before)!
And you can place the smaller equestrian center up by Pinochle Point.

raemae04

« Reply #3781 on: November 16, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »
I see in the rules that you are allowed to place EA created buildings in edit town. I was wondering if that is just regarding community lots, or are you allowed to move EA created families/houses from other towns into the neighborhood you are going to play your dynasty in? I was planning on starting in Sunset Valley, however I was hoping to move in families from other towns into the empty lots before starting to allow for more townie variety. Is this allowed? Thank you :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3782 on: November 16, 2011, 08:09:24 PM »
I've asked about this one before. If it means saving an EA lot to the bin, then the answer was no. It's only ok if they're already in the lot bin.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #3783 on: November 16, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
I see in the rules that you are allowed to place EA created buildings in edit town. I was wondering if that is just regarding community lots, or are you allowed to move EA created families/houses from other towns into the neighborhood you are going to play your dynasty in? I was planning on starting in Sunset Valley, however I was hoping to move in families from other towns into the empty lots before starting to allow for more townie variety. Is this allowed? Thank you :)
I think only community lots are allowed.
I know you can't place a pre-built house on the dynasty lot, and you can't use pre-made sims in any way.

Offline Agnes

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3784 on: November 16, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
Thanks guys!  And I've been here a while, like a year or so.  I just don't post much.   ::)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3785 on: November 16, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »
Side note: Metro OK'd using a downloaded Sim, provided he/she is exported as a Sim, not a household (appears in the Sim Bin, not the Family Bin) - because as a Household, all sorts of goodies can be slipped in.

Elainfaro

« Reply #3786 on: November 16, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »
I don't know if it's been asked before but can we move the lots to other places? Like moving the school close to the science building and putting the hospital where the school was?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3787 on: November 17, 2011, 03:40:07 AM »
I don't know if it's been asked before but can we move the lots to other places? Like moving the school close to the science building and putting the hospital where the school was?

That would require going into Edit Town, so the answer is no.  There are very things allowed in Edit Town and that's not one of them.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3788 on: November 17, 2011, 05:06:13 PM »
Side note: Metro OK'd using a downloaded Sim, provided he/she is exported as a Sim, not a household (appears in the Sim Bin, not the Family Bin) - because as a Household, all sorts of goodies can be slipped in.

That's if the person you're going to use is the founder.  I think raemae was talking about adding people to the town which is a no go.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

raemae04

« Reply #3789 on: November 17, 2011, 05:17:46 PM »
That's if the person you're going to use is the founder.  I think raemae was talking about adding people to the town which is a no go.

I meant adding EA created sims to a town, not downloaded sims from the internet. For example say I wanted to start in Appaloosa plains, but wanted to add some of the families from sunset valley or bridgeport, ect to my new town. I was wondering if i basically copy the household to my bin and plop it down in my new town. I wouldn't be changing or doing anything to the family.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3790 on: November 17, 2011, 05:25:02 PM »
It's still a no-go because it's not an allowed use of Edit Town as per the rules.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Corrozus

« Reply #3791 on: November 18, 2011, 06:19:05 PM »
Hi all!

I've been looking around and reading a lot of dynasty stories in the last week or so.  I've tried multiple legacies, but I never seem to be able to get past the 4th generation or so.  I'm hoping that this Immortal dynasty challenge will keep me engaged a bit more with the requirements each generation needs.  While reading through the stories and progress of other people, I've noticed that most players choose to start with the same spouse choice, for skills or money...I assume this is just to make the start easier since you don't have as much time with your founder as with the next generations?  I'm playing in Riverview and my founder married George Dean, who has great traits (not artistic or anything like that, but family oriented, friendly, good, athletic, and brave) and is a hottie.  Has anyone finished a dynasty challenge without choosing a rich spouse for the founder?

Sportsfan

« Reply #3792 on: November 18, 2011, 06:57:08 PM »
The rich spouse just makes it easier at the start, but after the fist generation or two they eons really make a difference

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3793 on: November 18, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »
Has anyone finished a dynasty challenge without choosing a rich spouse for the founder?

It is possible but as Sportsfan said it just makes it easier. I like to have someone rich move in to get some good appliances and stuff to cater needs with, it also seems to make things easier for me because without a rich person moving in then on top of the reqs I'd then have to worry about who is making money, how much, can I pay the bills, or buy this etc. Although it probably depends on your play style partly, or how you challenge yourself. Within the first few generations your Sims will end up with the best equipment and be living comfortably. Welcome to the Forum by the way!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3794 on: November 18, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »
Pam started her dynasty by marrying Christopher Steel who is not rich and has no artistic skill so it can be done.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything