Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3000753 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3660 on: October 26, 2011, 08:52:24 AM »
I'm wondering. How hard would it be to Supermax Riding? I don't think I'd do it now in my Dynasty because I'd need proper planning to make sure to have room for the three Mustangs Challenge.

Yeah, you'd have to have 3 separate stables wouldn't you? But, the Dynasty lot is huge, so I hardly think you'd run out of space. Could you just keep the wild horses at the Equestrian Center stables? I do not know the specifics of that riding challenge...I have not accomplished it yet.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #3661 on: October 26, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »
Well, I've already asked, and unless that ruling's been changed, you can sell the horses once you adopt them... I had that in mind specifically when I asked. So you can adopt a wild horse, train it, sell it, adopt a second wild horse, repeat.

And you don't really need 3 stables. You don't even really need 1. All you need is some hay and a water trough, maybe some training equipment, and your horse will be able to attend to all of its needs. The box stall allows for breeding, constantly supplies a food source, can supply fertilizer, and that's about the whole of it. So...Your milage out of a box stall will vary.

As for how hard it is to supermax... It looks pretty doable, particularly if you have aids like the moodlet manager and motive mobile, and you start as a teen. I've been having a test file where my sim started as a young adult, never owned more than 2 horses at a time, is about to become an adult soon... And only has 2 challenges left, both of them competetion-oriented. She's also maxxed the horsewoman career.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3662 on: October 26, 2011, 05:28:43 PM »
Lasnien - since Edit Town may be used to place EA-built buildings, see if there's something suitable in your Community Lot bin in Edit Town that you can place. My instinct would be to suggest a spa.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3663 on: October 26, 2011, 11:16:07 PM »
Ah, Okay. I get it now.

Also, can I use a Swap Shop sim as a founder? Can I download, say, Drey Kular, and use him? If nessecary, can I download him, put him in a save game, add him to the Sim Bin then select him to get rid of any inventory objects?

So can I do this Metro?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3664 on: October 27, 2011, 07:00:14 AM »
So can I do this Metro?

Yeah, that's fine.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #3665 on: October 28, 2011, 08:06:35 AM »
Does anyone know many skill points are needed for a level 10 Scientist? I want to start a dynasty, with the founder maxing the science career, but I may want someone  else to max handiness and then do the business career.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3666 on: October 28, 2011, 08:52:33 AM »
Does anyone know many skill points are needed for a level 10 Scientist? I want to start a dynasty, with the founder maxing the science career, but I may want someone  else to max handiness and then do the business career.

I think you need Max Gardening and Handiness, then a high level in Fishing but that isn't a max. Of course it is possible to do it without maxing the Skills. Gardening is a must but I'm pretty sure others have done it without maxing Handiness, well I think so anyway.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3667 on: October 28, 2011, 08:53:37 AM »
I've maxed the science career with maxed gardening and only about halfway thru handiness and fishing.   Just got to make sure to watch them like a hawk if it's your founder because they could over time accidentally max.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #3668 on: October 28, 2011, 09:25:44 AM »
Thanks guys for the info, I may have to rethink my plan  ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3669 on: October 28, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »
I think it's official.  I'm fairly certain there is nothing I can think of to save either of my dynasty saves.   They are just constantly crashing on me.  It could be the patch or the saves are officially corrupted but I can't get the crashing to stop.   I reinstalled, factory reset and tried different saves.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3670 on: October 28, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »
CreativeCrayola for my Dynasty the second one that failed, I got through the whole Science Career and she never maxed any skills for that career. I guess it's doable.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3671 on: October 28, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »
CreativeCrayola for my Dynasty the second one that failed, I got through the whole Science Career and she never maxed any skills for that career. I guess it's doable.

I believe it can be done.  It probably just takes longer to get those last promotions.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3672 on: October 28, 2011, 09:12:23 PM »
Yes, it can and it does take longer but better late than never.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #3673 on: October 28, 2011, 11:59:57 PM »
I think it's official.  I'm fairly certain there is nothing I can think of to save either of my dynasty saves.   They are just constantly crashing on me.  It could be the patch or the saves are officially corrupted but I can't get the crashing to stop.   I reinstalled, factory reset and tried different saves.
Oh no, Rica! That's horrible - I loved your dynasty.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #3674 on: October 29, 2011, 03:13:23 AM »
I've maxed the science career with maxed gardening and only about halfway thru handiness and fishing.   Just got to make sure to watch them like a hawk if it's your founder because they could over time accidentally max.
No Rica! I've loved the dynasties and you were going so well!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations