Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3000760 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3735 on: November 03, 2011, 06:49:45 AM »
I don't see a reason to ban plastic surgery.  It's a new feature available at the hospital for a price.  Sometimes the surgery goes well and the player can choose new features, and sometimes it goes badly and your Sim ends up with crazy features.  I believe a reversal is available, also for a price.

The issue is whether or not plastic surgery can alter the life meter like tattoos and makeovers. That's the information I need to make a ruling.

Where is says in the rules that "travel opportunities" cannot be used as a BlackOps, it's referring to the adventures you get while in one of the three vacation locations (Shang Simla, Champs Les Sims, and Al Simhara).  Any opportunity that you get while in your home town that fills a slot on your opportunities tab is good for BlackOps.

Metro:  It might be a good idea to change "opportunities" to "adventures" in that part of the rules to avoid confusion.  I don't think we were using the right terminology when writing the rules, now that I think about it.

Works for me.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3736 on: November 03, 2011, 10:51:40 AM »
I know we can't use the Young Again potions on pets but can we clone them?  It's an odd question and I didn't want to assume.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #3737 on: November 03, 2011, 11:43:59 AM »
I've just done some testing with the Plastic Surgery option, and I can confirm that it does reset the age bar, just like with tattoos or makeovers. The option puts your sim into a stripped down version of CAS, where you can alter their appearance. I'm guessing it will be banned for dynastys.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3738 on: November 03, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »
I've just done some testing with the Plastic Surgery option, and I can confirm that it does reset the age bar, just like with tattoos or makeovers. The option puts your sim into a stripped down version of CAS, where you can alter their appearance. I'm guessing it will be banned for dynastys.

Yep. This is the information I needed. Thank you. If someone has already done plastic surgery, don't panic. I'm making this ruling effective now.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3739 on: November 03, 2011, 02:42:42 PM »
I know we can't use the Young Again potions on pets but can we clone them?  It's an odd question and I didn't want to assume.

Pets have a young again potion and clone voucher also in LTH, but I would like to know if they can be used on a pet in the dynasty, also.

EDITED because of dying keyboard errors. :-\

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3740 on: November 03, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »
Pets have a young again potion and clone voucher also in LTH, but I would like to know if they can be used on a pet in the dynasty, also.

Anything that would freeze/reverse age for pets is already covered in the rules and banned. It's no different than Sim household members. The clone reward is different and I have no problems with that at all.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3741 on: November 03, 2011, 03:02:46 PM »
Anything that would freeze/reverse age for pets is already covered in the rules and banned. It's no different than Sim household members. The clone reward is different and I have no problems with that at all.

Thanks Metro, in process of unpacking new keyboard and mouse now. For some reason the mouse will not let me leave this page. :-[ Gonna print the rules for the dynasties as soon as done. That way I always have them at hand.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #3742 on: November 03, 2011, 09:22:19 PM »
My dynasty founder has somehow added a day to her adult stage. She's done nothing but sculpt and go to work, and all of the family's life fruit is in my gardener's inventory pending the first vacation. I just wanted to make sure it's okay to cake her up on the day her birthday should be. Failing that, I've got a save from the day before she failed to age that I can go back to.

(I've got a glut of birthdays coming up, and had made a note of whose birthdays should be when. Everyone else in the household aged appropriately that day, but my founder did not.)

Sportsfan

« Reply #3743 on: November 03, 2011, 09:25:14 PM »
Is it possible that you accidentally had aging off for one day?
Or is it possible that they ate one life fruit because of free will when you weren't watching?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3744 on: November 03, 2011, 10:07:50 PM »
Did she have a birthday party that lasted until after midnight?   I have noticed with some of my parties that if they actually don't age until really late and the party lasts past midnight that they get an extra day or it seems like it.  Toddler ages up on Week3 Friday should age up on Week4 Friday but isn't due to age up until Saturday in game kind of thing.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3745 on: November 03, 2011, 10:14:27 PM »
My dynasty founder has somehow added a day to her adult stage. She's done nothing but sculpt and go to work, and all of the family's life fruit is in my gardener's inventory pending the first vacation. I just wanted to make sure it's okay to cake her up on the day her birthday should be.

No problem. In fact, since you you have no clue as to what caused this, and since we're talking about one day, I'd say forget it. But, if you want to cake up on the correct day, no problem.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #3746 on: November 03, 2011, 10:31:54 PM »
@Sportsfan: My founder was the only one affected, so it wouldn't have been aging off, and she doesn't carry life fruit, since she's my cook and likes to use it if she's carrying it around.

@Ricalynn: There haven't been any birthday parties in weeks. All 6 of my sims are set to have a birthday within the next 6 days. Gonna be a busy week! ::)

@Metro: Thanks! I prefer to age her up on her "proper" birthday, since she's got all her requirements except the Elder portrait.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3747 on: November 05, 2011, 11:05:28 AM »
@Lasnien: I meant the last party she had not a recent party.

New thing: I just realized all gourmet pet food has the possibility of adding days to a pet's life so that means it's banned correct?

Sportsfan

« Reply #3748 on: November 05, 2011, 11:07:02 AM »
I'm not metro but I can guess that his answer is that it's banned.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #3749 on: November 05, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »
So i decided i'd start a new dynasty, using horses as my main income. This has probably been asked before, but are you aloud to adopt unicorns?
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

anything