Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3000728 times)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3705 on: October 31, 2011, 10:38:11 PM »
Pity on the last.  Most of the clubs are too big for SV.  And those in highrises just don't fit well.  Oh well.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3706 on: October 31, 2011, 10:42:29 PM »
Pity on the last.  Most of the clubs are too big for SV.  And those in highrises just don't fit well.  Oh well.

It's not easy, that's for sure.  But you can use the street of empty spaces.  Use the World Editor to remove and place lots that work.  The buildings don't have to face the street exactly.  As long as the terrain is flat and your Sim can walk across it, it will be fine. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3707 on: November 01, 2011, 01:47:57 PM »
A quick shout out to BellaClo for opening my eyes to the simplicity of allowing players to use the familyfunds cheat when setting up their Dynasty to bring funds to $1800. Easy Peasy. Nothing to buy. No mistakes to make. I love it. So, that's the way it will be for anyone yet to begin an Immortal Dynasty — just use the cheat. Details are in the rules. Thanks, BellaClo.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3708 on: November 01, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »
A quick shout out to BellaClo for opening my eyes to the simplicity of allowing players to use the familyfunds cheat when setting up their Dynasty to bring funds to $1800. Easy Peasy. Nothing to buy. No mistakes to make. I love it. So, that's the way it will be for anyone yet to begin an Immortal Dynasty — just use the cheat. Details are in the rules. Thanks, BellaClo.

With this new revelation in hand, am I allowed to note my current funds, then sell the items I was required to purchase, then use family funds to bring it back down? I don't want to make the same mistake as I did that cost me Tales of Woe - selling the items.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3709 on: November 01, 2011, 02:23:22 PM »
Yeah it would be so much easier if we could bring down the funds to counter the items used earlier, so we don't accidentally sell them.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3710 on: November 01, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »
With this new revelation in hand, am I allowed to note my current funds, then sell the items I was required to purchase, then use family funds to bring it back down? I don't want to make the same mistake as I did that cost me Tales of Woe - selling the items.

That's fine. If anyone with the required items in family inventory wants to go that route, it might not be a bad idea to prevent possible mistakes down the road. Yeah, just note your funds before you sell, do the selling, and then use the cheat to take your funds back down to where they were.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3711 on: November 01, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »
Is the age freeze potion allowed?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3712 on: November 01, 2011, 03:04:16 PM »
Is the age freeze potion allowed?

That's already covered under Additional Restrictions. Short answer = no.

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #3713 on: November 01, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »
Well, those travelling bugs have made my first Dynasty attempt null and void. Oh well. I was only on my first immortal, anyway.

This gives me an excuse to start over with a bit more... storyline, anyway. xD

Although, with what's in my head, I think VampirePlasma's gonna hate me. D:

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3714 on: November 01, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »
Nahh I don't hate anyone. Go on express your opinions.
If it has 1% Vamps involve I'll read.

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #3715 on: November 02, 2011, 02:46:31 AM »
Uh... I think I'm just gonna surprise you. ^_^; But, yes, it does involve vampires.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #3716 on: November 02, 2011, 04:43:35 AM »
I was wandering around Appaloosa Plains, deciding if I would finally buckle down and make a serious attempt at an Immortal Dynasty, when I noticed there are only 7 buildings in town. Plenty of properties, but those multiple rabbit-hole buildings are a killer. Just thought I'd point that out in case anyone was thinking of starting a Dynasty there.

Was there ever a decision about how to handle this, Metro?  Unfortunately all the bars are properties, not buildiings, so we are one building short in AP because so many of the rabbit holes are combined buildings.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #3717 on: November 02, 2011, 05:03:28 AM »
Was there ever a decision about how to handle this, Metro?  Unfortunately all the bars are properties, not buildiings, so we are one building short in AP because so many of the rabbit holes are combined buildings.

I added a second Equestrian Center (the 40x40 one) up on the ridge with all the fancy houses. It was the only rabbit-hole in my bin.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3718 on: November 02, 2011, 06:09:07 AM »

I mercilessly bugged Metro yesterday with the same question. Here is what he let me do:

1. Can I have more than 1 occurrence of a specific Rabbit hole or venue lot in a town? (EX: 2 diners)
Metro: Yes. There's nothing in the rules stating you can't do this as in the Tournament rule set, so you're fine. The only thing is they have to be bonafide EA buildings.

So, like Lasnien, I added the small Equestrian Center (Petite Pony Eq. Center). You can find it in the Lot Library and it comes on a 40x40 lot. I also grabbed the Diner lot from Twinbrook, it's a 20x25 lot and there is the Brunton's Boxcar Diner on it.

2. Can I add a Rabbit hole building to a venue lot that my household buys?
Metro: Yes. Again. There is nothing in the rules preventing you from doing so.
I asked this because of the Movie Studio. It's a huge lot (64x64) and I couldn't find any suitable place to plop it. The only free areas are behind the Fox ranch house and the Adventure Landing beach. The ground is rather sloppy there and this mega lot looked absolutely obnoxious. Moreover, there aren't any street access.

My idea is to have my Sim family buy a venue lot, enter build/buy mode to make room for the movie studio Rabbit Hole and plop it. The Sims will lose the ownership of the venue lot used, but there will be a studio in the town. I placed the small equestrian training lot (Pump it up Pony Training) on the empty 40x50 lot next to the wealthy houses at the top of the town.

This could be useful for Decadynasty players too, since they need 10 purchasable Rabbit Holes.

Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3719 on: November 02, 2011, 09:07:55 AM »
Anyone with the Town Life SP gets it a little easier since it came with two rabbit holes in it. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'