Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972816 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8805 on: October 02, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »
Since you own the lot you can do pretty much anything, but please note that it will delete the fishing spawners and there's no dynasty-legal way to move them or get them back.

I see. I guess I can keep the existing pond but extend at the back so the middle gets raised for more space. Thanks =]
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8806 on: October 02, 2013, 12:45:10 PM »
In regard to Midnight Hollow, I'm trying to start an immortal dynasty - never done this before - when buying property, like the small fishing park I forgot the name of, can I flatten it and place the pond towards the edge to fit in benches, grill and public restrooms? (Sorry if this has been addressed already I really don't think I can read through the previous pages x.x)

If you own the lot, answer is yes.  You can flatten it, move the pond, fit in benches / grill / restrooms.
If you don't own the lot, answer is no. 

Since you own the lot you can do pretty much anything, but please note that it will delete the fishing spawners and there's no dynasty-legal way to move them or get them back.

You cannot add spawners, but you can restock the pond with fish of your choice.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8807 on: October 02, 2013, 02:31:36 PM »
@Nutella there was something wrong with the room I was using, so moved the bed to a different room and worked:) anyway, thanks for your help , love you x

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8808 on: October 02, 2013, 10:50:34 PM »
Sugarcubes.

I got the notification that the family horse ate a life fruit. It might have been a stupid mistake on my part, but I honestly have no idea where she could have gotten it from. There are life plants on the property, but they're in a greenhouse on the second floor of the house which a horse just can't access. I got the notification while the horse was standing in the yard doing nothing. All harvested life fruit is locked away in an alchemy cabinet. Nothing was in the horse's inventory. I actually had her active at the time and I didn't even see an action to eat life fruit or really do anything in her queue.

The only thing that could have maybe happened is that she ate a special seed off the ground. I have the Swift Gro greenhouse content from the Store, so I get random seeds on my lot. In which case, it was very well hidden and it seems unreasonable for horses to eat seeds anyways.

So I'm angry and very confused.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8809 on: October 03, 2013, 03:02:37 AM »
Sugarcubes.

I got the notification that the family horse ate a life fruit. It might have been a stupid mistake on my part, but I honestly have no idea where she could have gotten it from. There are life plants on the property, but they're in a greenhouse on the second floor of the house which a horse just can't access. I got the notification while the horse was standing in the yard doing nothing. All harvested life fruit is locked away in an alchemy cabinet. Nothing was in the horse's inventory. I actually had her active at the time and I didn't even see an action to eat life fruit or really do anything in her queue.

The only thing that could have maybe happened is that she ate a special seed off the ground. I have the Swift Gro greenhouse content from the Store, so I get random seeds on my lot. In which case, it was very well hidden and it seems unreasonable for horses to eat seeds anyways.

I don't think Horses can consume seeds Would there be (accidentally) a life fruit on the floor?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8810 on: October 03, 2013, 03:11:34 AM »
Sugarcubes.

Not that i have played much with horses, but i know they can dig up carrots,  could it have digged up a lifefruit too and eaten it?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8811 on: October 03, 2013, 03:37:07 AM »
Poor Trip, I understand the feeling, I was the same when I found out Grim now takes death flower seeds, I feel that somewhere along the line seed coding was changed as he never did that in the past, but as we don't know about it we only discover these things while playing, I've seen horses dig up carrots, potatoes and onions but that's all, eating a seed seems a possibility.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #8812 on: October 03, 2013, 03:45:16 AM »
Sugarcubes.

Horses can eat seeds that spawn on your lot or other places (I feed Unicorns seeds all the time when I befriend them).  I will contact the team and let you know what we decide Trip.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8813 on: October 03, 2013, 08:18:07 AM »
@Trip — I am very sorry but I discussed the horse eating the seeds issue with the team and we decided that a restart is necessary. You made the decision to purchase the Swift Gro greenhouse and one of the known side effects is it producing a tons of seeds which horses will indeed eat. So if you choose to continue to use that greenhouse then be prepared to constantly pick those up or the horse will continue to eat them and force more restarts.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8814 on: October 03, 2013, 10:15:05 AM »
Alright. I learned a lot of good strategy from this attempt, so not all is lost. But maybe I'll give up on a riding supermax and get a dog instead. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8815 on: October 03, 2013, 10:19:25 AM »
But maybe I'll give up on a riding supermax and get a dog instead. :P

Much safer.  ;)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8816 on: October 03, 2013, 04:35:09 PM »
@meltedfreezerbunny

Savvy seller's collection is ok to use, so go ahead and have fun with it.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #8817 on: October 04, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »
So I've used almost 2,000 bunches of French grapes and nothing else for Nectar Making, but the Vizard of Vine challenge still hasn't registered. May I count it when the time comes?
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8818 on: October 04, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »
So I've used almost 2,000 bunches of French grapes and nothing else for Nectar Making, but the Vizard of Vine challenge still hasn't registered. May I count it when the time comes?

Answer is yes.

The Nectar Making Vizard of Vine challenge is buggy because the grape count resets if you travel. It has also been proven to be buggy without traveling, so simply keep accurate count of the number of grapes used to give yourself credit for the challenge.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #8819 on: October 04, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »
Thanks! That's exactly why I made sure to use only grapes, trying to get it to register. I've definitely used more than enough.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.