Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941823 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10260 on: March 30, 2015, 02:52:26 AM »
Re Into The Future Bug. I am not finding it too bad. With both my 'Grammar' Family and my 'Avengers' Family, I'm playing it on my laptop on which neither Showtime, nor Seasons nor Pets installed. Personally, I find it running a lot better without those three expansion packs, as I always found seasons annoying (and had it permanently on summer) and I never really got the handle on playing with pets. I don't even try to supermax any of the instruments, and so far I'm finding I'm having more than enough opportunities through work/school/special opportunities for the first three generations.

So does this mean that only some people get that bug? I've never had a problem with opportunities with Pets, Supernatural or Seasons, I just bought and installed Into The Future so now I have all the expansions!  ;D Still a bit confused though, I thought everyone had that bug?  :-\

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #10261 on: March 30, 2015, 03:18:45 AM »
They do but certain ops still fire sometimes, the problem is the game favours the new into the future ops over the home world ones, trouble being you cannot actually complete most of them in the home world so they just get a blank phone call.

Rabbit hole job ops still work, ambitions career ops like investigator still count and work too, I used ITF during my life states and my rabbit hole workers did fine for their ops, my gardener and painter struggled a little but one thing from ITF that will fire ops in the home world is the laser-rythm-a-con, so I had them both learn that which helped them finish their requirements.

So basically if you choose to play a dynasty with ITF you are best of using rabbit hole careers or keeping some as back up options if you need to switch job to finish your ops.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10262 on: March 30, 2015, 03:28:04 AM »
Oh now I see why so many people have been having problems doing Black Ops with ITF installed, lol. Well it's good to know some ops still fire, pity it's mainly rabbit hole careers as I've already got plans for at least three of my immortals to do self employed careers, including my founder, whoops. XD I'll keep some back up plans in mind and thanks for the advice on the laser game skill, sounds fun!  :D Just one thing, do you know if celebrity and school ops still pop up with ITF installed?  :-\

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10264 on: March 30, 2015, 04:33:38 AM »
Ah, that's good to know. :) Except I wanted to have an immortal supermax guitar so this is a pain, now I have to decide whether to take the risk and try and supermax  it or play it safe and uninstall ITF or choose another supermax, annoying.  >:(  But I think a test game is in order first, thanks for all the info! :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10265 on: March 30, 2015, 07:11:11 AM »
I think the celebrity ones should work because they're in the Special category, not the Skill one.

Guitar might be tricky, though. Definitely test and always have a backup.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10266 on: March 30, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »
Plumbots may be made but cannot stay in the household after they are made.

Does this include Plumbots from ITF? Also, am I allowed to place the Bot Arena in my present world for the Bot Career or will I have to max that career in the future? (Assuming that's allowed).  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10267 on: March 30, 2015, 07:42:05 PM »
You have to max it in the future, but it's totally fine to spend time in the future to max a career.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10268 on: March 30, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »
Okay, cool, thanks.  :) Can I keep any Plumbots I make in the present with the Bot Making skill or do they have to be released after creation, like the inventing ones?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10269 on: March 31, 2015, 08:45:52 AM »
They have to be released.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10270 on: April 03, 2015, 12:28:49 AM »
Hi everybody! You know how the rule is that you can't keep special seeds in their inventories b/c you don't know which seeds are Death Flower bushes and which aren't? I think I just found a way to tell them apart, at least at night next to the house. The Death Flower seeds are black. Here is a pic of them. I don't know what the red one is, but will find out when it grows. You'll have to click on the pic itself to see the whole thing.

Special Seeds by Sonshine7707, on Flickr

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10271 on: April 03, 2015, 08:20:32 AM »
I never noticed that. The only outwardly different special seeds I've noticed are the plasma fruit seeds, which glow red.

I'll look into it, but I can see the rule staying because the difference might not be clear on all computers (weird monitor settings, bad graphics, etc.) and I want to make sure that everyone is keeping the seeds out of mortal inventories.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10272 on: April 03, 2015, 04:44:00 PM »
I agree Trip, I just thought that it was interesting is all. :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10273 on: April 04, 2015, 12:39:13 PM »
Immortals must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house. Genetically Engineering a child is not allowed.

Does 'Genetically Engineering' mean the cloning part of Science skill?

And does this mean that original townies can't be cloned to provide spouses to your future immortals? Or does this 'Genetically Engineering a child is not allowed' sentence refer specifically to future immortals?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10274 on: April 04, 2015, 12:43:01 PM »
"Genetically engineering" refers to the option in the future where you can take any two sims (as long as at least one of them is playable) and engineer a kid. I honestly think it's fine to do it in order to get a mortal/spouse too, so I'll clarify that rule.

I don't care how you get spouses, as long as you aren't aging people down. The rule is so that you just can't clone someone and say "ah yes, I have an heir."

EDIT: The clarified rules, under "Household Matters":

• Immortals must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house. As such, this child cannot be adopted, made through the Clone Voucher LTR (GEN), made through cloning a sim with the Science skill (UL), born out of a "Genetic Merger" with the Door of Life and Death (Grim's Ghastly Manor), or Genetically Engineered (ITF).
  • However, non-immortals can be adopted, cloned, made through a Genetic Merger, or engineered.

I tried to cover all bases with the rule too. Notify me of any situation that I missed.

(As for alien abduction pregnancies, a separate rule covers that...though I'm likely going to revise it to allow it under certain conditions. PlantSims are covered by another rule too. The entire Household Matters section is a formatting nightmare anyways. Do expect some revisions in the future!)

anything