Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2970400 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10365 on: October 12, 2015, 08:59:03 AM »
Demolish the trees in Build/Buy, use my special permission to replace the Gatherer trait with something pointless (i.e. a trait with rather minimal impact. Lucky, Easily Impressed, Dramatic, Vehicle Enthusiast, Light/Heavy Sleeper, and Loves the Cold/Heat are all options here. I might be open to replacing it with a negative trait too. Basically, I don't want anyone taking this as a golden opportunity to sneak in another benefit :P), and continue as normal. Maybe keep Green Dragon use to a minimum.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10366 on: October 12, 2015, 10:59:02 AM »
I think I may have found a workaround- I'll have Victor plant stuff, and other sims harvest it (Gardening is a backup supermax and Victor has all but finished supermaxing it anyway). If that doesn't work, I'll replace Victor's gatherer trait as you suggest.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10367 on: October 12, 2015, 11:15:05 AM »
Yes, do the workaround first. :)

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10368 on: November 02, 2015, 11:00:30 AM »
Hey, a couple of quick questions that have occurred to me that I want to ask now to make sure I haven't accidentally invalidated myself for the Hall of Fame;

1) Are we allowed to quit without saving if we're trying to reproduce a game breaking bug (Actually, it turns out it's just an intense lag spike when sims leave the household (Through dieing or social services*), but the first few times I didn't realize the game would resume, so I assumed it was a crash).
1b) Is it a big deal if things happen slightly differently once a bug is addressed? I'm not talking about an accidental death or anything; One of the teens left prom without gaining a Romantic Interest or Prom Queen crown before I encountered what I thought was the crash, but on the time I played through it after figuring out it was just a lag spike, she gained a romantic interest and won Prom Queen.
2) Can we create copies of the save so I can export sims for story purposes- For instance, I'm creating an interlude using ITF which isn't installed, and since you can't find some of the objects I needed in BuyDebug, I copied the save, evicted my legacy family, and saved the house to the bin, then placed said house in the interlude save so I could get the items; The original save was untouched through all this.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10369 on: November 02, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »
1. That's fine, though I'd make a copy of save before trying to reproduce a bug.

And it's fine if things happen differently if you have to replay a period lost to a bug.

2. As long as you aren't messing with your main, active dynasty save, go right ahead.

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10370 on: November 11, 2015, 06:06:38 PM »
So, my fifth immortal just supermaxed riding. However, she and her daughter took a vacation to France, and this reset two of the challenges. Since I have all of the trophies that she's won that prove she's completed all challenges, can I go ahead and still count riding as her supermax?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10371 on: November 11, 2015, 08:39:53 PM »
@Annabec: Never heard of that bug, or a way to prevent it. I say okay. Maybe provide a screenshot of the trophies to prove it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10372 on: November 11, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »
@Annabec , I've heard about that bug occuring for skill challenges completed during vacations, although this is the first time I've head of riding being effected. I would screenshot your supermax (Use printscreen and then paste it into MS paint or a similar program) just in case in the future.

Also, Just double-checking; non-Immortals have no restriction as to what opportunities they can complete, right? Or are they forbidden from completing an Immortal's unique opportunites?

Right, that's a little confusing. Here's what I'm asking;

Gen 2 has the Scavenger Hunt: Rocks and Metals opportunity. One of her housemates completed the same opportunity when they were in primary school. Can Gen 2 count that opportunity as one of their unique opportunities as long as no other immortal ever completes it, or does she need to complete six opportunities that no other housemate has completed or will ever complete?

Also, regarding unique opportunites; Can I keep an opportunity as a backup in case another opportunity doesn't pop before it's time for Ambrosia? In this case, Gen 1 completed Puzzle Panic as his sixth chronological opportunity. He has since completed Outstandingly rare. Can I count Outstandingly Rare as one of his unique opportunities and leave the logic opportunity open since several of my immortals are going to learn logic?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10373 on: November 11, 2015, 11:12:29 PM »
@Squark: Non-immortals have no restrictions on the ops they complete, and they don't have any bearing on the ops that immortals can count.

You can count Outstandingly Rare if they did it before their ambrosia time, and other immortals can complete Puzzle Panic as long as they don't count it as a unique op for themselves.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10374 on: November 12, 2015, 09:41:24 AM »
I don't think any of us were expecting any sort of new update to TS3, but there is going to be an Origin patch that releases the Expansion and Stuff Pack Manager.

From what I can gather, this program more-or-less has the same functionality as the Sims Selector 3.0. However, without any knowledge of how well it works, and knowing that it's a PC-only release at the moment, I ask that dynasty players hold off on using it until I can get a look at how it functions.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10375 on: November 12, 2015, 10:50:03 AM »
Do you know when this is happening? My anti-virus isn't happy with Sims Selector so this could be a good thing.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10376 on: November 12, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »
I heard November 12th, so...today. If you have anything to report about it, I'll be more than glad to hear it. :)

(I'll try to test it out soon, but it's kind of a busy weekend for me)

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10377 on: November 13, 2015, 12:48:39 PM »
I don't think any of us were expecting any sort of new update to TS3, but there is going to be an Origin patch that releases the Expansion and Stuff Pack Manager.

From what I can gather, this program more-or-less has the same functionality as the Sims Selector 3.0. However, without any knowledge of how well it works, and knowing that it's a PC-only release at the moment, I ask that dynasty players hold off on using it until I can get a look at how it functions.
The game auto-patched- Can I still play and just not use the tool, or should I wait until the team comes to a decision?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10378 on: November 13, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »
Just don't use it. But I'll probably sign off on its use sooner or later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10379 on: November 17, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »
(Late) Final Thoughts on the New "Patch"

- It does not affect actual gameplay aside from being able to pick and choose EPs, so players don't need to patch up if they don't want to/can't.

- However, I recommend that players use the new official way of picking EPs if they can. But don't fret if the old third-party game selector is the only one that works. Stuff happens.