Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942599 times)

Offline NickytheBunny

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10395 on: December 16, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »
So I have a few questions and I can't seem to find any answers to them through the search feature, so I might as well ask myself.

For the science career, I know you can do independent experiments that could potentially give a full promotion. How long does it typically take for the effects of an independent experiment to take place? ie. How long would I have to wait until an experiments works(or doesn't, though I've never had that happen before)?

Also, I have Seasons installed and I honestly forgot to change the span of each season before starting. Is it possible to change it in-game even though I've already started? My founder is literally halfway to her last promotion, which is the only thing left before her eating ambrosia, and her only other day of work this week is on a Friday, which is when Spooky Day is. I don't want to push it, even if she's only at 81 days so far. Once my sims turn into Elders, I get really anxious that they'll keel over sooner than expected.

Lastly, I read on one of the loading screens that you can use a movie mode using debug cheats. I'm not sure if this is strictly for movies or if I could get pictures as well; if so, may I use this mode to get pictures for my story? It can be difficult finding the right angle for some shots I need to progress the story along.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10396 on: December 16, 2015, 02:06:45 PM »
I don't know how long the experiment takes. Sorry. :(

There is no changing seasons on your own or changing the settings.

If you want to use those cheats, please copy your dynasty file and use them there. Not in your main one.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10397 on: December 16, 2015, 04:57:05 PM »
They don't really add that much to the funds. I say just sell it.

It happened again ??? It feels like an explot just selling it, especially if it's going to happen a couple of times. They have enough money - may I sell it and reduce their funds? :)

Offline NickytheBunny

• Nooboo
« Reply #10398 on: December 16, 2015, 05:49:51 PM »
I don't know how long the experiment takes. Sorry. :(

There is no changing seasons on your own or changing the settings.

If you want to use those cheats, please copy your dynasty file and use them there. Not in your main one.

Awesome, thanks so much. It's just that last promotion that's getting me. Guess I'll have to wait.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10399 on: December 16, 2015, 11:11:13 PM »
They don't really add that much to the funds. I say just sell it.

It happened again ??? It feels like an explot just selling it, especially if it's going to happen a couple of times. They have enough money - may I sell it and reduce their funds? :)

I guess if it keeps happening, sure.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10400 on: January 05, 2016, 11:54:01 PM »
Any news on the new patch?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10401 on: January 06, 2016, 10:53:19 AM »
It's just one to make CaW work again, since 1.69 broke it. I don't really see anything else to say about it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10402 on: January 09, 2016, 06:53:46 AM »
Sorry, I could've worded that better. :) Since the last patch was an optional upgrade - given the lack of gameplay-altering features - is this one too?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10403 on: January 09, 2016, 10:02:53 AM »
Yes it is.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10404 on: January 22, 2016, 08:21:50 PM »
A question regarding this part of the rules:-

Immortals must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house.

So, a female to be immortal brings in an elder male to be her spouse. As quickly as possible, she becomes pregnant with her sugar daddy as he is getting on in years. Unfortunately her hubby goes with Grimm between her falling pregnant and her giving birth. Does that break the above rule, as he's no longer living in the Dynasty house? Or is it simply a case of an extra space is open in the household now?

ETA This has happened to me recently in a non id game file, and I figure its sure to happen to me in an id game file as well, given my experiences with what happens in my games at inopportune times lol.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10405 on: January 22, 2016, 08:38:33 PM »
My interpretation is that in this case the pregnancy was natural and both parents were living in the dynasty house. It says pregnancy, not birth.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10406 on: January 22, 2016, 09:05:21 PM »
If the babydaddy is a part of the household at conception but dies before the baby is born, it's fine. It happened to at least two players I can think of and we didn't have an issue with it.

And yes, it's the same if your upcoming heir's strapping young father dies in a horrible, genuine accident before the birth too.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10407 on: January 31, 2016, 09:59:01 PM »
So my sim went to visit Ms Aggie C on Mday one of a new attempt in order to sell her car, err befriend her and calm her in her time of weeping when I got the message that my sim was wondering why the sky turned dark all of the sudden ... so I hightailed my sim out of there. the meteor struck on the left hand side of her front yard, but her car (on the right hand side) was destroyed by the meteor as well. Oh this is sure to be lots of fun, ROFL.

Time of Meteor Strike 2:39 pm Sunday week 1. :)

ETA: Her car gave me 1889 pieces of scrap. The gigantic meteor was worth 3591 simeloens before analysis and 5027 after analysis. Just a little bit less than the value of her actual vehicle lol

ETA Question: I just hovered over the 4 piles of scrap that surround where her car was, and then added them up, I haven't picked them up or anything. If a future sim does inventing and picks those piles of scrap up, will they count towards the collecting scrap skill challenge? (If not, I'll just have my founder pick them up and sell them).

ETA: Further amusement ... my sim went and picked up the meteors and then went and visited Aggie again, this time in her house. Aggie agreed to go to dinner with my sim (6:28 pm Sunday week 1) ... low and behold, Aggie reached into her back pocket and pulled out a second Bwan Speedster, because that's what they drove to Hogan's Deep Fried Diner in, I fully expected them to get a taxi there, or at the best one of those sloppy jalopies.

Offline SeraNita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10408 on: February 08, 2016, 06:07:48 PM »
Out of curiosity, since it's not in the rules, are mermaids also banned for the household? Because if so, I'm going to have to watch my future spouse's legs carefully. :P

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #10409 on: February 08, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »
I stand corrected, but I vaguely remember the Team saying that mermaids were fine since they had a normal lifespan, like witches. But don't quote me on that lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*