Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2976289 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10515 on: November 04, 2017, 11:08:53 AM »
Ah yes @Odie I see what you mean. My understanding is that if Gen 1 purchases, say, Food Replicator, they can purchase it out of their LTHP as often as they want. But Gen 2 can never buy it, nor can Gen 2 claim it as their unique LTR, as either circumstance means that Gen 1's unique LTR is now invalidated. Might pay for a Challenge team member *cough* @Trip *cough* to check this though :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10516 on: November 04, 2017, 12:40:27 PM »
Ah yes @Odie I see what you mean. My understanding is that if Gen 1 purchases, say, Food Replicator, they can purchase it out of their LTHP as often as they want. But Gen 2 can never buy it, nor can Gen 2 claim it as their unique LTR, as either circumstance means that Gen 1's unique LTR is now invalidated. Might pay for a Challenge team member *cough* @Trip *cough* to check this though :)

You are correct. It's been ages since I have verified a Sims 3 Dynasty question. By the way, I loved your example above, Seabody. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10517 on: November 04, 2017, 01:36:26 PM »
@Seabody is mostly right but it's worth repeating more clearly that unique LTRs aren't just "claimed". They're off-limits for everyone else.

I used objects, household-wide rewards, and unique skilling rewards as unique ones as often as I could. Stuff like Steel Bladder and Hardly Hungry is valuable for everyone.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #10518 on: November 04, 2017, 02:13:12 PM »
Ah! Thank you all very much for your replies. All of them are incredibly helpful! And now I understand completely :)

Sorry to wake you Metro haha (Just kidding) ;)

And I had to grin about your example Seabody. Loved it!  ;D
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #10519 on: November 04, 2017, 05:25:13 PM »
Just another small question...
Are dragons allowed or any other Store items?
I assume they are, since it is not mentioned (except for those that are mentioned lol)...
Dragons give a huge advantage though. I don't even know if I like playing with them for that reason. Takes the fun out of it maybe..

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10520 on: November 05, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »
@Odie: if it's not mentioned it's allowed (unless someone brings up a hidden benefit that went over our heads...it happens)

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #10521 on: November 05, 2017, 06:16:02 PM »
@Odie: if it's not mentioned it's allowed (unless someone brings up a hidden benefit that went over our heads...it happens)

Thank you @Trip. :)
Well, since they are mentioned in the guide, the benefits for the needs are known. With a few dragons it is very easy to keep your sims needs up all the time. Too easy if you ask me ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10522 on: November 06, 2017, 02:52:05 PM »
Yeah the dragons are very cheaty but we never had a problem with using them. I'm only worried about stuff that alters age. Like the unexpected youth-granting soy milk from the cow milking set.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #10523 on: November 21, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »
Hello all - long time, no see.  It's been 5 years since I abandoned my previous attempt at this dynasty.  But - I found the old file along with all of my notes and have resumed playing it.  I've a question about this tip listed under Additional Restrictions and Info in the rules:

Due to some really major traveling bugs it is highly recommended you do not travel with any unmarried Sims. And don’t forget to save before leaving for a vacation.

Does this mean any Sim I send solo should be hitched before I send them traveling, or does it apply only if you're sending a couple, or...?

I understand that travel is difficult with a big file that's been played a long time - are there any other tips that might help me avoid problems?  The only expansions I'm using for this are Ambitions and WA, if that makes any difference.

Thank you.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10524 on: November 22, 2017, 04:50:00 PM »
@Trip , by off limits to everyone else, you mean others who are going to be immortals, not helpers and spouses, correct?

@Odie you can choose not to play with dragons if you want to, but I like them myself, and I will continue to use them. :P I think there are techniques that people use that are more cheaty than things like the dragons and I choose not to use them (even though they are allowed). Needs are easy to control anyway, getting opportunities to fire for skills and jobs (even without Into the Future installed) is far more difficult of late in my experience.

@Sarabi I haven't had that experience with travel. I have sent single elders, married couples, single sims that are in a relationship, single sims that aren't in a relationship and sims who have recently become a widow. In almost all cases my household is full when I travel (so I don't know if that has any impact.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #10525 on: November 24, 2017, 10:09:09 AM »
@Deklitch - thanks for the response.

I'm having some really vague memories that there may have been issues with supposed children from foreign locations popping up or something along those lines.  I see that some players have done dynasties that included frequent travel, though, so I dunno.  I'm wanting to take a single Sim in a not-full household, so I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10526 on: November 24, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »
It's usually because of interacting with someone like Sekhmet Hawas. There used to be (I'm not sure if EAxis patched it) a bug in the game, where when you interacted with him he would randomly marry your sims and have a kid upon arriving back home. RockinRobin's thread on it.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #10527 on: November 25, 2017, 09:41:44 AM »
Thank you so much for the helpful response and link @Seabody.  Ugh - those dudes sound like quite the home-wreckers/game-wreckers.

I'll be sure to get my heir married before I send her overseas.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10528 on: November 26, 2017, 10:31:42 AM »
@Deklitch: like most other rules, just for the immortals. :)

@Sarabi: the glitch being referred to is when a sim will return but be attached as the spouse of a foreign townie or be assigned as the parent of a foreign kid. The only time it happened to me was with a child heir. :P Travelling glitches can happen at any time but they are kind of random. There's almost always a point in a file where travel just won't happen (infinite loading, will arrive to a blank household, etc) and it does depend on the size of the save, how long you take with generations, etc. With spacing out children, I was able to travel until the end of gen five. And that was only because I decided it was enough, not because I formally encountered it being completely broke.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #10529 on: December 03, 2017, 10:58:37 AM »
Thanks for the clarification, @Trip.

Related question: Is there anything in particular I need to know about inviting friends from WA locations - just for visits, for parties, etc. or possibly using them for the Best Friends requirement?  The household members who have traveled frequently get wishes to call people they've met on overseas vacation.

Thanks.