Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941418 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10590 on: December 18, 2018, 02:57:02 PM »
I had a very rough start on this b/c the neighborhood somehow became corrupted or broken. I tried everything to keep them in that hood, but it turned out to be the hood itself that was broken. I finally had to move them to a new Riverview and evicted and deleted the Jon Lesson there b/c I didn't want a clone of him. Now to continue! My sim (Molly) reached the top of her medical career (very hard b/c of the corrupted hood, but got it done) and she has 3 out of 5 of the logic challenges done. The heir (Avens) is working on fishing and gardening now. Jon reached the top of his career and is doing concerts at the stadium during the week. Avens is 3 1/2 days to becoming a YA. Now that things are working out good, I'll probably keep Molly in her career.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10591 on: December 19, 2018, 06:22:43 PM »
If anybody sees this, has anybody here had any success w/achieving all of the logic skill challenges? I'm having a horrible time w/the tutor one (the one under the friendly tab). Whenever I queue it up, she 'll sit down w/her son for about 1 min and then get up again. I don't know if I can even complete this if it doesn't work. Maybe just turn aging off and choose a different supermax if there is no way to fulfill it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10592 on: December 20, 2018, 06:42:36 PM »
It looks like this forum is pretty much dead now. Haven't had much of any responses at all. Again, if anybody sees this, I'm pulling the plug on this one and will start new. This one was pretty much glitched from the beginning and if anything could go wrong it did even in the new hood. :(  I'm thinking that the sim herself was glitched or corrupted. I created a new sim from the same custom pre-made sim. If that sim goes bad, then I'll have to delete that sim from the pre-made sim folder.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10593 on: December 26, 2018, 02:09:34 AM »
If anybody sees this, I did start new. I started w/the same sim and again had her marry Jon Lessen. I don't worry about his lack of skills b/c he leveled those up on their "honeymoon." He made the top of his career. He is also the painter for this generation. They again had 2 sons who I named Avens and Blue Star (flower names). Molly topped her logic skill and I learned that it is better to play chess at the chess board at first instead of reading books until after Grand Master has been completed. She also topped her career in medical. She just finished w/the potions and now all I have left is the skill tutoring and celestial explorer and she will be done. Avens is just 4 days away from becoming a YA and has 8 in fishing which will be his supermax. I chose fishing b/c I will need a death fish which requires lev 10 fishing. I suppose I could use one of the non immortals, but what is done is done. Since he will be fishing, I'll have Blue Star work on painting so that he will have a high level when Jon dies. Then I'll probably have Avens' son or daughter work on painting for a supermax. EA must have fixed the opportunities glitch b/c Molly has 4 opportunities now all work related and Avens has 2 school related opportunities. I'm not sure about any other opportunities though.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10594 on: December 26, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »
Sorry not to answer earlier. About the tutoring, you can only tutor a child until the child attains an A grade. Once that happens you get the whole start and pop up thing going. Time to find another child. A quick introduction to your newspaper kid allows you to invite them over later in the day. They apparently always have low grades which allows for many happy hours of tutoring. I've super-maxed logic many times with the biggest issue being uncooperative chess opponents.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10595 on: December 26, 2018, 03:43:49 PM »
Thanks KRae! I never thought of the paper kid. Neighbor kids are also mostly low grades, but that is tricky b/c your sim kid has to become friends and then invite them over or else depend on them bringing the other kid home w/them from school. It took me a little bit, but yeah, I did learn about the grade thing and tutoring. Igazor from nraas helped me on that one. I also learned that our sim is locked into a particular chess opponent until they defeat them. : /  This is the first time I've ever tried doing the logic skill challenges. Usually, I've just focused on jobs that require logic and nothing else so I've read books mostly.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10596 on: December 26, 2018, 07:37:06 PM »
I thought of another way to meet children. Your sims probably know an NPC or two. Go to them in your list of acquaintances and select invite over household. You'll be able to select who you want to invite over and there are always kids to choose from.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10597 on: December 27, 2018, 06:18:02 AM »
Sonshine, I've been on holidays from 6 December until a couple of days ago, with limited internet access. I would have replied otherwise.

When I want to do a logic supermax with my founder, I generally bring in a family with kids, and have my founder marry one of the kids or a single parent AND tutor those kids. Depending on remaining time for them to age up and their existing grades, I can get those hours up quite easily.

Riverview has that family with twin daughters and also the family with the toddler and a teen, I think, as well as the fishing family, then there are the Simovitch and Newbie families with teenage girl and boy respectively, oh and that family with the girl with large ears and nose thanks to her parents, oh and the Broke family and that family near Jon Lessen.

The part of logic that is difficult for me is chess grandmaster.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10598 on: December 27, 2018, 02:56:16 PM »
Thanks KRae and Dek! Thanks also for the suggestions. I'll remember this for the future. My sim did satisfy the challenge by tutoring her son who had just become a teen. Igazor on nraas forum helped me by saying that this challenge was grade related. She's about 3/4 of the way to finishing the skill tutoring now. All I have left after this is the celestial explorer and then she's done. For me in hind sight, the grand master wasn't all that difficult, but tedious. Especially having to play one opponent each night on her work days. I stacked up opponents one after the other on her days off, lol. If she was defeated, I would do an immediate re-challenge if I could, time permitted. She maxed her medical career now, but I'll probably keep her working for the income. One of the ltr's I got was the "no bills ever" one. They have a large house and many expensive items (thanks to Jon's income at the beginning) and the bills were pretty much taking up most of their income. Also of course, the extra bldg for the portraits and then I built another "house" on the same lot to move mom and dad into and eventually, all of the immortals once their kid takes over. I had Molly tutor her younger, non immortal son in cooking so he can take over the cooking. Molly is at lev 7 or 8 now and can't go any higher. Now she's finishing off w/logic and she'll be done soon. I had the younger son collect several seeds among which are 9 special seeds. Among those, I can tell that 2 of those are death flower seeds. Those seeds look red at night instead of tan. The younger son will be doing the gardening also. The older son who is the immortal for his generation, is doing fishing and is at lev 9 now.

I have a question though, does the immortal sim have to be elder before he/she can eat ambrosia if all of the super max/black ops/6 best friends are satisfied?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10599 on: December 27, 2018, 05:17:18 PM »
Yes, the immortal has to wait until elderhood. The seeds that glow red are plasma fruit. Death seeds and money tree seeds are worth zero, if that helps.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10600 on: December 27, 2018, 05:36:53 PM »
You know, you're right! I remember now, death flower seeds appear black at night. Thanks!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10601 on: December 27, 2018, 11:21:06 PM »
I have a question though, does the immortal sim have to be elder before he/she can eat ambrosia if all of the super max/black ops/6 best friends are satisfied?

Don't forget the requirement to have paintings of each Gen painted ;)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10602 on: December 28, 2018, 02:24:10 AM »
Thanks Seabody!  Yes, I have the paintings. So far 3 portraits of Molly and 3 of Avens who just grew to a YA. I'm about to get the 4th of Avens.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10603 on: December 28, 2018, 08:55:03 PM »
Got the portrait of Avens as a YA. He married the daughter of Constance Shelley and now she's expecting.

Does anybody have any idea what value the other seeds are and what it means? I have a $75, $54, $27, $25, $19, and 2 red ones that are $30 and $22. Maybe the difference is in the quality? I also have a $0 which could be either a money tree or a death flower (I'm guessing the former). Won't know until either Blue Star or his sister in law Faye who is in science reaches lev 7 gardening.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10604 on: December 30, 2018, 12:26:59 AM »
Well I know the glowing ones would be plasma fruit.

I think the prices on the other ones would be an indication of their type and quality.

I'm not sure if that information is tabulated yet or not on our forums or on forums elsewhere - wiki, official Sims 3 site or other fan sites, but you could do something like ... plant each unknown special seeds in different parts around the yard and record each one as such to keep note of quality related to price.