Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 881140 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Dreamweaver Dynasty
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2010, 09:51:01 PM »
Chartreuse's dress is one of the new ones in Fast Lane.
Thanks for the great comments, everyone!  Periwinkle, Oliver, Nectarine, and Kenny are in Shang Simla now for 14 days.  Wish me luck!  ;D

Good Luck Pam! I took a couple to Egypt a few hours ago, and after I got home, everything looked normal! Hopefully tomorrow when I play they are ok lol.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2010, 05:14:04 AM »
Good luck and safe trip to the family! Wonderfull wedding pics and that shower in a can!? hahaha I was confused what kind of topiary you placed when later I see you explain the headless giraffes :D Anyway, I have to say that the most impressive part of this update is wonderfull new room colour/decor. I really love it. Great work!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2010, 12:41:05 PM »
Now THAT new room is right up my alley!  I love the soft, delicate colors and the romantic look to it. 

The wedding is gorgeous.  I'm always at a loss as to how to set up something like that so I usually opt for private wedding.  I really don't know how to do it.  Just as a party?  I think Periwinkle is my favorite of all your characters.  Ummm, how are they going to sculpt in Shang Simla?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2010, 12:56:31 PM »
Your pictures are, as always, a real feast for the eyes.  It is all so beautiful!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2010, 03:27:56 PM »
Ummm, how are they going to sculpt in Shang Simla?
If you buy a vacation home, you can buy the sculpting table from buy mode.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »
The wedding is gorgeous.  I'm always at a loss as to how to set up something like that so I usually opt for private wedding.  I really don't know how to do it.  Just as a party?  I think Periwinkle is my favorite of all your characters.  Ummm, how are they going to sculpt in Shang Simla?

The family owns West Royal House in Shang Simla, so I'm able to purchase anything for it.

To have a wedding like Periwinkle's, you have the bride or groom plan a party.  On the planning screen, you can select wedding party in the same spot you choose birthday party.  The rest of it is the same.  Put out whatever decorations or setup you want.  I invite the groom separately so he won't accidently leave or not show up (unless he's already living in the house).  Then when you're ready, have the bride go to the spot for the ceremony, call over the groom, and click "Get Married" under Romantic options.  When they start, the guests will come gather around them and make cooing noises.  They don't sit, even though I have benches.  That's mostly for effect.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Bellalupa

• Llama Wrangler
  • I am not addicted to Sims 3! *twitch*
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
Where is the dress that Carina wore? I have all the ep and sp, but can not find it. Is it cc, or did it come with a ep or sp?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2010, 07:16:26 PM »
My guess is from the store.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2010, 08:41:11 PM »
Where is the dress that Carina wore? I have all the ep and sp, but can not find it. Is it cc, or did it come with a ep or sp?

Carina's dress?  She's my founder and first immortal.  Her green dress is one of the original floor length dresses that came with the base game.  I just recolored it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Bellalupa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2010, 10:31:03 PM »

Floor length? *is confused*

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2010, 10:33:24 PM »

Floor length? *is confused*

Ah, ok!  I didn't know which dress you were talking about and assumed you meant the most recent pictures of the wedding.  That dress is the sarong, purchased from the Sims 3 Store.  I put a pretty pattern on it to make it look more tropical.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Bellalupa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2010, 12:22:04 AM »
Oh well. If it is this one, then that makes me sad. That dress is gorgeous but alas, I have no simpoints. Oh, and feel free to friend me on the sims3 website, same user name as here( Bellalupa).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2010, 11:03:08 PM »
Sorry I'm so late with an update.  In addition to the Dynasty, I've also been doing Guide research in Barnacle Bay.

I'm happy to report that Periwinkle, Oliver, Nectarine, and Kenny had a successful trip to Shang Simla and are back home safe and sound.  I only took married Sims on the trip and didn't allow them to even speak to the locals.  Now, if no phantom children show up, it will be all good.

The first thing to do was redecorate the West Royal House to make the 17 days spent living there more pleasant.  This will give a good idea of how my Sims are able to work on their skills while vacationing when they own a vacation home.

Here is the front with a pool added to one side of the yard and Carina's vacation garden on the other:

The living room with television and video game:

Here's the kitchen.  I took out the counters that were cramping the dining area and upgraded the refrigerator and stove.

This is the downstairs bedroom where Periwinkle and Oliver sleep.  I added the bathroom at the top right and the painting studio at the top left.

The sculpting studio where Periwinkle and Oliver spent most of their time:

And finally, the upstairs bedroom where Nectarine and Kenny slept, with an adjacent painting studio:

Nectarine did some adventuring and was successful in gaining Pangu's Axe.  She went through the tomb until I had the axe in sight, then she meditated for 4 hours and zeneported to it.  Once it was in her hands, she used Escape Dust to immediately return to the vacation house.  That's the quick and easy to get in and out with the Axe and not have to go winding around the tomb for days.

She also spent a great deal of time at the board breaker with space rock blocks.  In this picture, she's surrounded by 89 gems that she's gotten by breaking the space rock blocks.  This will be the start of a massive gem collection.  I intend to have a skull cut of every gem, as well as large cuts of every gem in every shape.

Kenny made his own collection of sculptor's egg cut gems.  Between him and Periwinkle, I'll be able to have large sculptor's egg cuts of every gem, as well.  That painting of Christopher is the one that was unfinished at the vacation house.  Kenny was with the group this time and finished it.

As I already mentioned, Periwinkle and Oliver spent most of their time at the sculpting stands.  They both reached level 10 and are both working on getting 25 ice sculptures.  Periwinkle will be the long term immortal sculptor, but I need Oliver to be there to sculpt Periwinkle because Kenny will probably be dead before he can do all of them.  Here is an interesting SimBot Scraps sculpture by Periwinkle:

Periwinkle got tired of driving Kenny's pink pickup truck, so she bought a custom painted new sporty car to keep in Shang Simla:

This just makes me laugh.  Normally Oliver is a sharp dresser, but a man must have a fun day sometimes, too.

Periwinkle is learning cooking as part of her Renaissance Sim Lifetime Wish.  Having the family sit down together for a meal is a great way to raise everyone's social bar.  And it amuses me that they use chopsticks for every meal while in China.

Everyone is back home now and both Oliver and Periwinkle have a wish to have their first child.  It won't be long, but I want to take Periwinkle's sculptures to the Consignment Store and see how much they advance her Sculptor career.  She sculpted them in China and I just put them in the family inventory because I wasn't certain the sales would go toward her career while on vacation.

Thanks to everyone reading!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2010, 11:10:19 PM »
She sculpted them in China and I just put them in the family inventory because I wasn't certain the sales would go toward her career while on vacation.
Thanks to everyone reading!  :)
I can safely say no. I was in France last night and my sculptor was working on the 25 Ice sculptors, so I basically had to sell, and when I got home, her career was the same as when she left.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2010, 02:03:45 AM »
I've been keeping things of value in a chest while on vacation, then placing the full chest in family inventory. It seems that everything holds its value, upon return home. Have you tried this?

Oh, I envy you the large home in China! I bought one of the marketplace ones, and basically the top is barely lived in, with the majority of living taking place in the basement, with more space.

Pam, I adore the space rocks picture! I may have to put it on my computer desktop. How are you keeping her needs maximized all that time, since it's a challenge? And is she taking meditation breaks to increase the value of the rocks? I'm really curious how she was so prolific.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

anything