Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 880997 times)

ladylaw1978

Re: The Dreamweaver Dynasty
« Reply #270 on: October 05, 2010, 03:28:27 AM »
I'll have an update soon, but in the meantime, I want to share this video of Oliver talking through a bear to Banana.

Banana Talks to Bear

That was awesome. You learn something everyday on here. And was that Elvis in the background? ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #271 on: October 05, 2010, 03:37:47 AM »
There's a stuffed rabbit. I'll give that a try too. Thanks!

I think the rabbit is really the Valentine's bear.  He's wearing a rabbit suit.

And was that Elvis in the background? ;D

Probably.  All the radios are playing a different song and they overlap each other, but I'm sure Elvis was in there.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #272 on: October 05, 2010, 03:51:33 AM »
Yep, I checked. The rabbit is a bear. I never had these in inventory before, so I had no idea they were playable this way. Fun!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Choccolatee

« Reply #273 on: October 05, 2010, 03:56:16 AM »
Aaaw, that video was so cute! Banana just looks so adorable. I just want to squish her little cheeks!  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #274 on: October 05, 2010, 05:13:29 AM »
The trip to Champs Les Sims was rather uneventful with the typical skilling and collecting, except for Oliver's new car.

Little Banana's museum room is off to a good start with her toddler portrait, photograph, and ice sculpture.

Periwinkle's room is also coming along nicely with the addition of her Adult pieces.  She, Chartreuse, and Oliver all aged up on the same day.

I didn't push Banana to max out the xylophone or peg box.  Nor did I do the toddler books with her.  She will have Nectar Making as her SuperMax skill and I decided that there's no need for her to get a bump on other skills.  Hopefully, it will mean less chance that she will accidently max out an already SuperMaxed skill.  I've already had to lock Nectarine out of the balcony where the sculpting tables are located because she keeps sneaking in there to sculpt.  She's gotten to level 3 completely on her own!  So, I put her easel in her locked workout room for when she wants to paint and the balcony is off limits for her.

All too soon, it was time for Banana's birthday party.  Here she is strutting in her party dress.

Mommy Periwinkle helped her blow out the candles.

I think she looks a lot like her mother except with blonde hair.  The thin mouth is becoming more pronounced as she gets older.

On the night of Banana's birthday party while everyone was settling into bed, Kenny got up out of bed in the middle of the night as he had done all his life.  He could never sleep the entire night as he was a light sleeper.  This time, however, was his last time.

His family rushed to his room, but could only watch helplessly as Grim made his appearance.

Kenny didn't want to go, but his fate has long since been sealed.

Little Banana didn't want her Grandad to go, either.  She will find out soon enough that her fate, too, is sealed.

Rest in Peace, Kenny Dreamweaver

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #275 on: October 05, 2010, 05:18:05 AM »
RIP Kenny.  You take lovely screen shots Pam, they really do tell the story

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: October 05, 2010, 07:33:02 AM »
I've got another toddler video to share to help make up for the sadness of Kenny's death.  This isn't from my Dreamweavers.  It's my family in Barnacle Bay who has the six kids from the Toddler Race video.  The first three have aged up to children, so I recorded the toddler/child interactions of peek-a-boo, hug, and giving a bottle.

Toddler and Child Interactions

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #277 on: October 05, 2010, 07:53:26 AM »
I was just reading what you said and yes, I love toddlers too, but, I guess I get on a certain family and play them forever and sometimes don't have but a couple of kids.  I have to admit, I really miss playing with the little ones.  My big family that started that post about how many kids have sims had, I have really played that one alot lately and all of the main characters have passed, so thinking of having a bunch of babies again, this family had two sets of triples, three sets of twins and a few singles, altogether 12 kids.  Really cute video, if I get started on videos, you guys will be begging me to quit, lol. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #278 on: October 05, 2010, 03:48:26 PM »
Awww Poor Kenny! I hate it when they die!!

ladylaw1978

« Reply #279 on: October 05, 2010, 04:13:57 PM »
Banana is soooo adorable and her dad seems to have taken up her colors as his own.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #280 on: October 05, 2010, 06:00:10 PM »
Banana is soooo adorable and her dad seems to have taken up her colors as his own.

I dress spouses in their favorite colors and Oliver's favorite color is yellow.  Kenny's was pink.  So, maybe Oliver named her Banana because he likes yellow.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

ladylaw1978

« Reply #281 on: October 05, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »
I can't wait to see the next heir's name.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: October 06, 2010, 02:32:57 AM »
I've started noticing new behavior in my Sims when Christopher's or Kenny's ghost comes out.  They wake up and get out of bed!  Sometimes they run to wherever the ghost is to make the "Ewww, a ghost" motion.  I really don't like it because it disturbs their sleep and I have to put them all to bed again.  I've never had this happen before.  So, I decided that Banana's property will be the Summer Hill park across the street from the Dynasty house.  I put in all the necessary requirements, but I also fenced off an area closest to the house for a small family cemetary.  It won't need much room and it will keep the ghosts from bothering the rest of the family.  I got Indigo's grave, too, and put her guitar beside it.

Of course, when I tried to save the game after doing all this work, the game crashed to desktop.  Again.  It's getting worse and worse about doing that and I find that I have to play some parts of the game over and over before I finally get it done and safely saved.  Highly frustrating.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #283 on: October 06, 2010, 06:45:57 AM »
Banana's childhood flew by.  She did well in school, had some friends, and loved her family.  She didn't work on any skills because there's nothing to prepare for Nectar Making, so she got to play a lot and she enjoyed that a great deal.  I neglected to say that she gained the Lucky trait when she aged to Child.  After dealing with Kenny getting out of bed every single night because he had the Light Sleeper trait, I've enjoyed Banana's Heavy Sleeper trait. 

She's got a couple of boy friends who are potential husbands.  First is Cody McCormick (Snob, Neat, Photographer's Eye).  He easily became her best friend.  His hair is a little lighter blonde than hers and his eyes are light brown.

The other is Denver Easter (Vegetarian, Adventurous, Loner).  She had to work harder with him just to get to be good friends.  He's got brown hair and medium brown eyes.

I'm leaning a bit toward Cody.  With his Neat trait, I could fire the maid!  Thank goodness neither of them are Artistic yet.  I'm about worn out with all the painting that's been going on.  Nectarine, Kenny, Oliver, and Chartreuse have all been painters.  Nectarine is frustrating with her desire to sculpt, too.  Even after I locked her away from the sculpting tables, she manages to fly over to one if I unlock the door for even 30 seconds to let someone in to pose for an ice sculpture.  She's gotten the running bug somehow and I'm telling you...  that old lady has got some serious speed when she spies an open sculpting table!  She gets to the table, sets up a piece of clay, and gets a notch on her skill meter before I can even blink and cancel her action.  Zoom zoom!

Banana's birthday party had a bit of drama when two of the little girls had a fight in the living room.  The girl in the yellow shirt is named Chiquita.  Seriously.  Banana has a friend named Chiquita.  Who else finds that hysterical?

Nectarine was not happy that her granddaughter's birthday partly was so rudely interrupted and gave the evil one a good verbal lashing.

Finally it was time to blow out the candles.

As a teenager, Banana looks even more like a blonde Periwinkle.  I briefly put the same hairsyle on her.  Look at this!

Isn't she just every bit as lovely as her mother?  I settled on a more modern hairstyle for her.  She'll be more modern in general in her styles. 

I gave her the Green Thumb trait to help trigger the Nectar Making Lifetime Wish.  I can't think of what it's called.  She'll never do a speck of gardening, unless she has some wishes to grow a particular plant to gain happiness points.  Carina used Gardening as her SuperMax skill and will grow all the fruit Banana needs for her nectar, even if I have to lock the gates to the Crop Circles.  It will work out well for Banana, too, because she can devote all of her time to the nectar and not have to sweat over gardening.  I bought the Nectar Making skill books while in France and I'll have her read those while she's in high school.  By the time she's ready to make nectar, she should be at level 10 and will be able to hit the ground running.  In fact, maybe she should visit the family home in Champs Les Sims to have some peace and quiet while she reads without school getting in the way.

I've got her section in the basement all set up with the nectar makers and the nectar racks.  They are, of course, colored banana yellow.  Hehe.

Periwinkle is working on her sculpting to reach level 10 of the profession.  She's currently on level 9.  She's got sculpting SuperMaxed with all of the skill journals complete.  She owns her two pieces of property.  All of her museum pieces are in place and just waiting for her Elder pieces.  She needs a couple more BlackOps, but I don't expect a problem.  She gets opportunities from Cooking, Sculpting, and Charisma.  Her Lifetime Wish of Rennaissance Sim is complete.  She has purchased her three unique Lifetime Rewards:  Food Replicator, Artisan Crafter, and Teleportation pad.  After all that's finished, she just has to round up her best friends and wait for the dreaded Elder birthday.

Thank you for reading!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #284 on: October 06, 2010, 07:16:53 AM »
Chiquita Banana! Lol That is hilarious! You Probably know this Pam, but if you want to keep Nectarine away from the sculpting table, just remove the door or put them downstairs without stairs. The family Cemetery is gorgeous! Well, you know what I mean  ;).